ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 3903
« First < 29697576777879 80818283891291795791079 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:29 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
The self-proclaimed Mr. Big Pharm football BB scientist has arrived.You all should be good to go now.

The one thing that is for sure is if the vitamin C drips are working that information will be suppressed in the United States.
Doctors and researchers are saying there is no evidence it works...THEREFORE...it works....
[Reply]
SupDock 11:29 AM 03-09-2020
LOL, I don't know. I know I am not worried about it at all.
I hate going back and looking for stuff. It usually disappears. I will try and find something though.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533
http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n12.shtml
You posted a trial looking at Vitamin C without any results, you haven't posted anything that indicates Vitamin C is the most effective treatment in China for Covid-13. Orthomoleculars are a pseudoscience.

It's fine that you are not worried about it, but you are making a lot of claims without any data to support your claims.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:32 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
You posted a trial looking at Vitamin C without any results, you haven't posted anything that indicates Vitamin C is the most effective treatment in China for Covid-13. Orthomoleculars are a pseudoscience.

It's fine that you are not worried about it, but you are making a lot of claims without any data to support your claims.
I didn't claim anything. I said I saw articles being posted on it.I am not a doctor in China, I really have no idea.
[Reply]
Fish 11:34 AM 03-09-2020
The self-proclaimed Mr. Big Pharm football BB scientist has arrived.You all should be good to go now.

The one thing that is for sure is if the vitamin C drips are working that information will be suppressed in the United States.
Yeah... the info must be suppressed.

Come on man. You constantly post misinformation, and when called out on it you say stuff like it's been repressed or removed. I post links debunking your claims, and you just personally attack me instead of addressing your claims with factual data or links from something other than alt med sites that link to themselves. When you can't find evidence to support your claims, you just resort to blaming evil Big Pharma. Just like above. Sorry, but telling people not to believe the health professionals and take VitC and silver supplements isn't a positive thing right now.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:35 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
First link doesn't work. Second link is from http://orthomolecular.org. An alternative medicine site. Every "Study" they offer links to their own site. The author/editor is a guy named Andrew Saul who goes by “The Megavitamin Man.

Here's a fact check regarding this VitC idea:
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/fa...isnt-a-shield/

It came from a Facebook meme of course.
I don't have facebook and the first link works just fine. Once again I am not there so all I have is what I see in the news and online. This certainly does not make me a scientist like you.

I do believe in keeping your immunity up and staying alkaline. If that makes me crazy in your eyes so be it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:38 AM 03-09-2020
This is an overreaction...

Florida Department of Health now advising all individuals who have traveled internationally (anywhere internationally, even places that don't have any COVID-19 cases) to self-isolate for 14 days following their return date to the US.
[Reply]
srvy 11:38 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
You sure about that, buddy?
No I just took what was prescribed by my doctor. I do know that antibiotics aren't effective for pneumonia. My old doc and this new one both have prescribed it to me when I developed it and stated it was routine basically to kill any infection that may have caused it. So the answer is I followed doctors recommendation.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:39 AM 03-09-2020
Yeah... the info must be suppressed.

Come on man. You constantly post misinformation, and when called out on it you say stuff like it's been repressed or removed. I post links debunking your claims, and you just personally attack me instead of addressing your claims with factual data or links from something other than alt med sites that link to themselves. When you can't find evidence to support your claims, you just resort to blaming evil Big Pharma. Just like above. Sorry, but telling people not to believe the health professionals and take VitC and silver supplements isn't a positive thing right now.
You are skewing what I posted as usual. I have never used a silver product and said so. Having a good plant based C in your diet certainly can't hurt. Well you might think it does. I never made any claims about the results they are having in China. There is plenty of disinformation produced by Big Pharm. You seem to find all of it. Turning silver? Seriously? I know people who swear by the colloidal silver but I have no first hand knowledge and have never seen anyone turn silver. LMFAO
[Reply]
Fish 11:40 AM 03-09-2020
I don't have facebook and the first link works fine. Once again I am not there so all I have is what I see in the news. This certainly does not make me a scientist like you.

I do believe in keeping your immunity up and staying alkaline. If that makes me crazy so be it.
Staying alkaline too? Hoooboy...

You're suggesting things that are unproven, while claiming the actual health professionals are lying. Skepticism is one thing, but you're pushing straight quackery.
[Reply]
Fish 03-09-2020, 11:44 AM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
SupDock 11:47 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
No I just took what was prescribed by my doctor. I do know that antibiotics aren't effective for pneumonia. My old doc and this new one both have prescribed it to me when I developed it and stated it was routine basically to kill any infection that may have caused it. So the answer is I followed doctors recommendation.
Antibiotics are effective for pneumonia, just not viral pneumonia
[Reply]
chinaski 11:47 AM 03-09-2020
Dude was wearing a surgical mask at the gym. It was around his chin though, apparently he couldn't breathe with it on while doing cardio. :-)

Yesterday, the liquor store guy was wearing a dust musk like you would buy at Home Depot and nitrile gloves, probably from Harbor Freight. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 11:50 AM 03-09-2020
It would help if he had proof of the first claim for sure.
Link? What exactly do you think I claimed?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:53 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Dude was wearing a surgical mask at the gym. It was around his chin though, apparently he couldn't breathe with it on while doing cardio. :-)

Yesterday, the liquor store guy was wearing a dust musk like you would buy at Home Depot and nitrile gloves, probably from Harbor Freight. :-)
S*%# just got real!
[Reply]
Strongside 11:55 AM 03-09-2020
Text I just got from my mom:

Originally Posted by :
Flu is negative but they had me call the health dept to let them know I'm sick and we had a positive covid19 at the hospital. Health dept says because I wasn't in direct contact with the person i dont meet testing criteria for the state. If not better in 2 days to call back
This is fucking wild to me.

"I don't meet testing criteria for the state."

Shouldn't we be testing anyone with these symptoms at this point, especially when they're testing NEGATIVE for Influenza and work in a hospital that has had a positive patient??
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:00 PM 03-09-2020
Staying alkaline too? Hoooboy...

You're suggesting things that are unproven, while claiming the actual health professionals are lying. Skepticism is one thing, but you're pushing straight quackery.
What health professionals?

I have high end personal physicians and the advise they give is quite different that the main stream BS you post on here consistently. I also almost never get sick. My whole family is like that. I will go with what they say and is working as opposed to what some self-proclaimed football scientist is cutting and posting on the internet. Thanks for your concern.

The least you can do is quit twisting everything I post. To reiterate:

I have no idea what is or is not working in China and either do you.
I have no idea if colloidal silver helps or not. I have never seen anyone who uses it turn silver though like something out of science fiction movie like the article you posted claimed.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 3903
« First < 29697576777879 80818283891291795791079 > Last »
Up