ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:12 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Thanks, I see what you mean, now.

I just took a glance through the rule book. "Challenges" have to do with the review of plays be Instant Replay. In theory, this "pass interference" call could have been overturned by a coach's challenge, but Houston didn't challenge it.

Instead, the officials initiated their own discussion and corrected the call. The officials did not on their own accord. You are asking, then, the very reasonable question, why couldn't they have just called it illegal contact then? I believe the answer to that is that they could have in fact done so.

I suppose that the reason why they didn't do so is that the officials didn't think it was illegal contact at the time the play was going on and they didn't change their mind about it during the post-play huddle(s). I would guess that in the spur of the moment, that of the officials who saw the play, the main thing they had in their mind after the "pass interference" call was announced what "No way was that pass interference!". But, had an official also thought, "but it was illegal contact", then they could have called it that.

So I was wrong earlier in saying that the officials couldn't have overturned the call. They couldn't have used replay review to do so, but I think they could have if they wanted to, on their own accord. However, just thinking about the human factors in play, I don't think the officials at the time were thinking that there was as big of a need to correct the "non-call" of illegal contact as there was a big need to correct the egregious call of pass interference.
Did you watch the video?
Originally Posted by wazu:

It was initiated by someone speaking into Hochuli's earpiece. They did NOT initiate their own discussion.

WATCH THE VIDEO.

They called it DPI, marked off the penalty, set the ball for play, wound the fucking play clock and were ready to move ahead with the next play.

WATCH THE VIDEO.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:18 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
there was no DPI on Kelce....the ball has to be thrown to him. KELCE WAS NOWHERE NEAR CATCHING THE BALL. the licked up the flag because there was no DPI on Kelce because the ball wasn’t thrown to him. what can’t you understand? i’m a chiefs fan and they screwed it up...they should have called holding or illegal contact.
You very clearly have no idea what this discussion is about

It's hilarious that you are accusing us of not being able to understand the situation
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:22 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:

It's hilarious that you are accusing us of not being able to understand the situation
It's like a child wandered into the middle of an adult conversation...
[Reply]
ljmhawk 07:23 PM 10-14-2019

they always pick flags up. once again...the ball was so far from kelce that there is NO DPI. even if they reviewed it, there was nothing to chanhe
[Reply]
SupDock 07:26 PM 10-14-2019
they always pick flags up. once again...the ball was so far from kelce that there is NO DPI. even if they reviewed it, there was nothing to chanhe
That's not even what we are talking about.
The funniest part is that you probably think we are idiots
[Reply]
DanT 07:26 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Did you watch the video?

It was initiated by someone speaking into Hochuli's earpiece. They did NOT initiate their own discussion.

WATCH THE VIDEO.

They called it DPI, marked off the penalty, set the ball for play, wound the fucking play clock and were ready to move ahead with the next play.

WATCH THE VIDEO.
Thanks for the link, rabblerouser. I see that the officials are in a huddle at around 1:03 of that video link and that one of the officials pushes the earpiece into his left ear about 10 seconds later. I do not see anything in that video that suggests that anyone other than the officials themselves initiated a discussion among themselves after the referee had announced to the crowd the egregiously incorrect pass interference call about 10 to 15 seconds earlier. It's possible that there are other camera angles that show what transpired among the officials between the time the call was announced to the crowd and when the officials huddled together, but with this video, I don't see anything that would make me think someone other than the on-field officials wanted to discuss whether they should correct the announced penalty.
[Reply]
Shag 07:29 PM 10-14-2019
Thanks for the link, rabblerouser. I see that the officials are in a huddle at around 1:03 of that video link and that one of the officials pushes the earpiece into his left ear about 10 seconds later. I do not see anything in that video that suggests that anyone other than the officials themselves initiated a discussion among themselves after the referee had announced to the crowd the egregiously incorrect pass interference call about 10 to 15 seconds earlier. It's possible that there are other camera angles that show what transpired among the officials between the time the call was announced to the crowd and when the officials huddled together, but with this video, I don't see anything that would make me think someone other than the on-field officials wanted to discuss whether they should correct the announced penalty.
:-) :-)

Pretty sure DanT is a bot, at this point...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:31 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Shag:
:-) :-)

Pretty sure DanT is a bot, at this point...
:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:33 PM 10-14-2019
You guys keep mumbling about what should or shouldn't be called. The bottom line was this game was unwatchable garbage that can't be taken seriously the way the game was calledm. They also called a PHANTOM HOLD IMMEDIATELY after this extending a drive gifting Houston a score after this screw job.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:39 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You guys keep mumbling about what should or shouldn't be called. The bottom line was this game was unwatchable garbage that can't be taken seriously the way the game was calledm. They also called a PHANTOM HOLD IMMEDIATELY after this extending a drive gifting Houston a score after this screw job.
Fact.
[Reply]
DanT 07:42 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The NFL is way more interesting for me to watch now than it was a few years ago. I was very tired of watching teams throw downfield passes on plays that seemed designed to get bullshit penalties that rewarded the offense by giving them yards they hadn't earned.

With Mahomes, I get to watch a guy chuck passes downfield that actually get caught and that result in well-earned yardage. He has made the game way, way, way more fun for me to watch and that seems to be a widely shared opinion among NFL fans, not just those of us who live and die with the Chiefs.

I'm not happy that the Chiefs lost yesterday, but I don't feel that we earned the victory. The game was still fun to watch. My biggest hope is for Mahomes to have a long career and my second biggest hope is that it is all with KC. As good as he is, if he can stay healthy and with the Chiefs, we are certain to get back to the Super Bowl and to win at least one.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:43 PM 10-14-2019
The NFL is way more interesting for me to watch now than it was a few years ago. I was very tired of watching teams throw downfield passes on plays that seemed designed to get bullshit penalties that rewarded the offense by giving them yards they hadn't earned.

With Mahomes, I get to watch a guy chuck passes downfield that actually get caught and that result in well-earned yardage. He has made the game way, way, way more fun for me to watch and that seems to be a widely shared opinion among NFL fans, not just those of us who live and die with the Chiefs.

I'm not happy that the Chiefs lost yesterday, but I don't feel that we earned the victory. The game was still fun to watch. My biggest hope is for Mahomes to have a long career and my second biggest hope is that it is all with KC. As good as he is, if he can stay healthy and with the Chiefs, we are certain to get back to the Super Bowl and to win at least one.
Definitely a bot.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 07:44 PM 10-14-2019
That's not even what we are talking about.
The funniest part is that you probably think we are idiots
you’re mad because they called DPI and picked up the flag and didn’t review it, guess what bud...if they reviewed it there still wouldn’t have been a DPI on Kelce. they all have ear pieces and can tsk to each other. the conspiracy theory that someone in NY told them to change it is hillarious
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:46 PM 10-14-2019
you’re mad because they called DPI and picked up the flag and didn’t review it, guess what bud...if they reviewed it there still wouldn’t have been a DPI on Kelce. they all have ear pieces and can tsk to each other. the conspiracy theory that someone in NY told them to change it is hillarious
Tyreek Hillarious?
[Reply]
SupDock 07:46 PM 10-14-2019
You still aren't following along. Does that happen frequently?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up