ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
Dante84 11:23 AM 02-25-2020
Man. Tee Higgins.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:23 AM 02-25-2020
I think a really interesting story to watch in this draft, and I could be totally wrong here, will be what happens with CeeDee Lamb. There's a bunch of dudes faster than him, he's not super big, as a total receiver Jeudy is going to be ranked higher...

Also OU and the Big 12 in general has had a ton of failures at the WR position, I kind of wonder if he is going to slide a bit because of some of that.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:30 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Man there’s gonna be some stupid speed in this receiver class. There’s gonna be legit 4.3 guys in rd 2 that are pushed down the board

Dont understand why KJ Hamler isnt getting more attention. Extremely similar player to Henry Ruggs III. Id argue he looks better on tape. If we could find a way to get him in the late 2nd I'd be all for it. Love Reagor as well.

Only way I see us grabbing Tee Higgins is through a Chris Jones trade that dude is a top 20 talent. Total freakshow.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:31 AM 02-25-2020
Do we trust Hardman to take a bigger role or is #2 WR still a big need? Late in the year Hardman was mostly invisible other than the occasional deep shot or gadget play. I'm not sure he can be counted on for 5-7 receptions a game.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:31 AM 02-25-2020
Ruggs played for Alabama...in the SEC, that alone is going to get him more attention.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think a really interesting story to watch in this draft, and I could be totally wrong here, will be what happens with CeeDee Lamb. There's a bunch of dudes faster than him, he's not super big, as a total receiver Jeudy is going to be ranked higher...

Also OU and the Big 12 in general has had a ton of failures at the WR position, I kind of wonder if he is going to slide a bit because of some of that.
I think he’s a top 20 lock. Higgins is the guy that can fall.

As for Jefferson, he’s probably not an ideal fit for us. If we did take him, I have all the faith in the world that Veach/Reid know what they’re doing at that position.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 02-25-2020
Why not take a WR in the first? This team has proven that with offensive weapons.....it’s damn near unstoppable for an entire game. Unless a defensive stud falls to us.....add more fucking weapons.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:34 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Rb's can be found anywhere. Look at all the highly drafted and highly paid RB's around the league.

Most of them are on teams that would like to trade or cut them at this point.

Just grab one with good traits in the 2nd or 3rd round.
I dont disagree but Dobbins in this offense would be a whole new level.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:35 AM 02-25-2020
If they want a bigger receiver who can win jump balls/high-point/etc. like Jefferson, Denzel Mims would be my guy.

He’s the same size, has better speed and hands, and creates better separation on shorter routes.

I don’t know how much Baylor used him in the slot, though. Think he was primarily outside.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:36 AM 02-25-2020

That would be extremely bad reasoning for not drafting a player and that GM should be fired.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:36 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think he’s a top 20 lock. Higgins is the guy that can fall.

As for Jefferson, he’s probably not an ideal fit for us. If we did take him, I have all the faith in the world that Veach/Reid know what they’re doing at that position.
Personally I'm a fan of Lamb, he'd be great here but I doubt he drops that far. But yea he's got a lot of things teams won't like, the running in wide open space all the time will make teams be like "uh yea he won't get this at the NFL level"
[Reply]
staylor26 11:36 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why not take a WR in the first? This team has proven that with offensive weapons.....it’s damn near unstoppable for an entire game. Unless a defensive stud falls to us.....add more fucking weapons.
I have to be honest, I know we have bigger needs, but I would love to go WR in the 1st.

That’s probably why I’m hesitant to get my hopes up.

But I agree, if Mahomes is loaded with weapons for his entire career, he’s winning several Super Bowls.

There’s a really good chance that WR is BPA at 32.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:37 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That would be extremely bad reasoning for not drafting a player and that GM should be fired.
It happens, like right now speed is in so I won't be at all surprised if Henry Ruggs is drafted ahead of Lamb even though I think Lamb is a better player.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 02-25-2020
Personally I'm a fan of Lamb, he'd be great here but I doubt he drops that far. But yea he's got a lot of things teams won't like, the running in wide open space all the time will make teams be like "uh yea he won't get this at the NFL level"
He looks so much like Hopkins and everybody sees it. He’s going top 20.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:42 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He looks so much like Hopkins and everybody sees it. He’s going top 20.
Hopkins went what 28? Guys like that always fall in drafts because well that's how it is.

Personally I think the Chiefs should be looking hard at Patrick Queen.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up