ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 151
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:55 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just because he did doesn't mean he can. Its nice to face a coach with honor and Dayton seemed to have no interest in the hack a doke strategy. It worked, but it is a mistake to play Udoka in close games beyond the 3 or 4 minute mark. As it turns out he was one of the reasons we won the game and played great...but you shouldn't be relying on him like that down the stretch when SDS or McCormick can almost equally replace him and shoot much better FTs
I don't think a coach should avoid intentionally fouling over honor. If you don't like a game being decided by fouling a player who doesn't have the ball, and I never have, the rules should be changed. But coaches should try to win within what the rules allow.

I would change both college and NBA so if a player not involved with the ball is fouled, team gets option to take ball out of bounds with short reset of shooting clock.

A player who is about to catch or has just thrown a pass is involved with the ball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:33 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
TRIGGERED derp
You were and apparently continue to be, yes.

Originally Posted by :
And no, everyone was laughing at you last year (and it actually wasn't a bad schtick until you got to the point where you couldn't possibly exaggerate any more, yet kept going).
Isn't that kind of the idea?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:35 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I don't think a coach should avoid intentionally fouling over honor. If you don't like a game being decided by fouling a player who doesn't have the ball, and I never have, the rules should be changed. But coaches should try to win within what the rules allow.

I would change both college and NBA so if a player not involved with the ball is fouled, team gets option to take ball out of bounds with short reset of shooting clock.

A player who is about to catch or has just thrown a pass is involved with the ball.
I'd throw my bench scrubs all day at Udoka once KU gets into bonus just to put him on the line. Self would be forced to pull him.

Some coaches have done that in the past and will do it again.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:58 PM 11-29-2019
KU was excellent the other day. Anyone who says otherwise has a pencildick.

Probably the best team in the country.

Self said before the year that he’s motivated to make this his best coaching job ever. Combining this with arguably the best roster in the nation could equal domination.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:29 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'd throw my bench scrubs all day at Udoka once KU gets into bonus just to put him on the line. Self would be forced to pull him.

Some coaches have done that in the past and will do it again.
I'm not exactly sure on the numbers, but he was 4-4 or 5-5 late in this game. That said, I get your point.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:32 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Self said before the year that he’s motivated to make this his best coaching job ever. Combining this with arguably the best roster in the nation could equal domination.
Correct. This is as good a roster as any in college
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:38 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

When De Sousa, Braun, and Enaruna really come around, this team will really be dangerous. We haven’t seen their best basketball yet. Very exciting year ahead.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:11 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
When De Sousa, Braun, and Enaruna really come around, this team will really be dangerous. We haven’t seen their best basketball yet. Very exciting year ahead.
Wish McBride had stayed. He’d probably have been the best three point shooter on the team.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:26 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Right.

Another thing I noticed is Moss is putting in the effort. He isn't a great athlete or a plus defender, but it looks to me like the effort is there, which is important, see Greene, Brannen.
[Reply]
DJay23 10:05 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right.

Another thing I noticed is Moss is putting in the effort. He isn't a great athlete or a plus defender, but it looks to me like the effort is there, which is important, see Greene, Brannen.
Self had him in a good deal of the time at the end of that Dayton game which means he trusts Moss' defense. He's a vet who's been through it which is a great thing to have in your backcourt.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Self had him in a good deal of the time at the end of that Dayton game which means he trusts Moss' defense. He's a vet who's been through it which is a great thing to have in your backcourt.
Aww hell. I didn’t mean to thumb down you. My bad.

A vet that he trusts the defense f and that can shoot. It warms my soul.
[Reply]
sedated 03:30 PM 12-04-2019
Apparently Jalen Wilson is going to redshirt. I'm not sure what to think of that. Good to put a season on hold if he was only going to get a couple of months, but if he can contribute in March this team should be all hands on deck.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:33 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Apparently Jalen Wilson is going to redshirt. I'm not sure what to think of that.
Link please
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:42 PM 12-04-2019
Wasn’t going to play, with Moss and Enaruna sucking up the bench min. DeSousa isn’t even getting on the court.
[Reply]
Ceej 04:18 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Wasn’t going to play, with Moss and Enaruna sucking up the bench min. DeSousa isn’t even getting on the court.
SDS not getting on the court bugs me.

Thought for sure this kid would play with a big chip on his shoulder.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 151
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Up