ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 31
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:21 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
I am sure he did, and since we will never get the real story we can only speculate. I just wish that the product on the field were the primary motivation for Hunt's decisions.
Bullshit, again.

The "story" has been revealed by Albert Breer, Terez Paylor, Sam Mellinger and others.

You just foolishly choose not to believe it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:22 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think that's true at all.

Ryne Nutt, the Chiefs Southeast Scout, was the guy that heavily scouted Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill.
As I said it is the blind hope assumption.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:24 PM 07-10-2017
I don't think that's true at all.

Ryne Nutt, the Chiefs Southeast Scout, was the guy that heavily scouted Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill.
I think he got a promotion. He's no longer listed as a scout.

Now he's Assistant director of college scouting per the team chiefs.com.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:24 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
JFC he's younger than me. Time to reevaluate my life decisions.
I know Veach is in management so it's different, but the morning you wake up and realize that there aren't any professional athletes as old as you are is pretty depressing. With me, it was when Jamie Moyer retired.

Thank God for the Senior PGA tour.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:27 PM 07-10-2017
Not generally a fan of Arrowhead Pride but this is interesting, nonetheless:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...e-gm-candidate

More ...

This is an exciting example of his eye for talent - he pounded the table for Fletcher Cox while with the Eagles.

Definitely give this podcast a listen, it features interviews with Veach (starting around 24-minute mark) along with Chris Ballard and Mike Borgonzi (another potential in-house candidate)

Veach indicates he has a dual role in scouting pro players (for cut downs) and traveling to scout college players (this is great preparation for a GM role). Veach discussed how the back end of the roster is critical, and the Josh Mauga and Husain Abdullah signings were the types of free agents that pay dividends.

[Reply]
-King- 03:29 PM 07-10-2017
Good hire. I heard him and Borgonzi were running the show last week.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 03:30 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Coining and copyrighting "Son of a Veach" when this dude ****s up.
Beat you to it by two weeks, ya jackass.

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:
I want him just so we can say "Son of a Veach" whenever something goes wrong.

On that note, I'm out again. Nice seeing you all.

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:30 PM 07-10-2017
Walter Football gives the hire a B+.

The good news: Walter Football usually hates every single move the Chiefs make.

The bad news: Walter Football doesn't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

Chiefs hire GM Brett Veach: B+ Grade
The Chiefs weren't expected to fire John Dorsey, but this move was more predictable. The Kansas City Star's Terez Paylor reported that Brett Veach was expected to be named Kansas City's new general manager, and that's exactly what happened.

Veach is a fine hiring. To be more precise, the Chiefs actually promoted Veach, as he was the co-director of player personnel. Veach has worked with Andy Reid for many years; he was once a top scout for the Eagles, so it's nice that the two have an extensive relationship.

In a vacuum, I'd say there were better candidates to be Kansas City's general manager. However, that doesn't matter in this instance because Reid is the one making all of the personnel decisions. Veach will handle the finances and contracts, much like Dorsey did.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfireh...gq4S3QQJCqI.99
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:33 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
However, that doesn't matter in this instance because Reid is the one making all of the personnel decisions. Veach will handle the finances and contracts, much like Dorsey did.
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:35 PM 07-10-2017
You have to think a guy that pounded the table for guys like Cox, DJax, and McCoy in Philly before learning from Dorsey/Ballard has the potential to be a really good one.

Can't wait to see how he does in his first draft without a 1st.
[Reply]
penbrook 03:36 PM 07-10-2017
Wtf Reid has no say in this at all. Veach will run the show while Reid coaches. They might discuss a player or two here and there but Reid does not make the decisions
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:36 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Walter Football gives the hire a B+.

The good news: Walter Football usually hates every single move the Chiefs make.

The bad news: Walter Football doesn't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

Chiefs hire GM Brett Veach: B+ Grade
The Chiefs weren't expected to fire John Dorsey, but this move was more predictable. The Kansas City Star's Terez Paylor reported that Brett Veach was expected to be named Kansas City's new general manager, and that's exactly what happened.

Veach is a fine hiring. To be more precise, the Chiefs actually promoted Veach, as he was the co-director of player personnel. Veach has worked with Andy Reid for many years; he was once a top scout for the Eagles, so it's nice that the two have an extensive relationship.

In a vacuum, I'd say there were better candidates to be Kansas City's general manager. However, that doesn't matter in this instance because Reid is the one making all of the personnel decisions. Veach will handle the finances and contracts, much like Dorsey did.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/coachfireh...gq4S3QQJCqI.99
The Veach hire is a moot point for firing Dorsey :-)

Moot
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:38 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
The Veach hire is a moot point for firing Dorsey :-)

Moot
I don't know what this means
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:39 PM 07-10-2017
I don't know what this means
maybe he meant it was a mute point.

would have made as much sense...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:41 PM 07-10-2017
I almost put those sentences in bold. They literally run a football-related website without having the slightest clue about anything relating to football.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 31
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up