ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 413 of 2687
« First < 313363403409410411412413 4144154164174234635139131413 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:32 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Pretty sure that one was on Devey, #65
Ahh i stand corrected. either way that whole O-line as a unit was horrible. Its all camp scrubs, so Im not really concerned about it. But man they held that offense back by themselves.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:33 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't believe that anyone is making these types of proclamations when the guy hasn't ever taken one NFL game snap.

Everyone knows he has great arm talent. Everyone know that he can make some ridiculous throws. But the guy is 3 years removed from High School and has never played under center.

Silly.
What's this about Patrick Mahomes II never played under center? Could have fooled me Mr. DaneMcCloud I mean he pulled it out from under the center ass and threw a strike for a touchdown.

Boom Ch Ka

Keep doubting Patrick Mahomes II DaneMcCloud
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:35 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
In all honesty, he seemed slower than Alex, but it was a heady play for the first, and I will never complain of such a play. I even applaude Alex (before the creepers try to make an argument) when he has the guts to take it himself. I wouldn't ****ing do that, and that is why I don't play QB (also I can hit a cross bar to save my life, I would shit myself with a 250 lb person running a 4.7 40 towards me, and I am only 6' tall).
Alex is faster than Mahomes, but his ability to throw the ball outside of the pocket will make Pat more of a threat in those situations than Smith.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:38 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Alex is faster than Mahomes, but his ability to throw the ball outside of the pocket will make Pat more of a threat in those situations than Smith.
Exactly.

Alex is not a slow guy at QB. You can see it in how often DB's misjudge his speed.

But when it comes to improvisation, running to throw, Mahomes has a gift that must be nurtured.
[Reply]
tk13 11:39 PM 08-11-2017
I though he seemed pretty well composed. It's preseason, you're not going to see the best line play. He tried to make the most of it.. The TD throw was a really nice play. He can run around and sling it.

He still doesn't set his feet or step into his throws sometimes. He makes it work because he has a monster arm, but you'd think it'd get him into trouble on occasion. Looking forward to seeing what happens the next time out.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:40 PM 08-11-2017
Patrick has a lot of Ben Rothlessburger in ability to extend plays on third down and that is what has made Ben Rothlessburger successful in his career.
[Reply]
OldSchool 11:47 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Patrick has a lot of Ben Rothlessburger in ability to extend plays on third down and that is what has made Ben Rothlessburger successful in his career.
I wouldn't put him anywhere near that level. Mahomes isn't anywhere near big enough to just shrug tacklers off of him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:51 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
I wouldn't put him anywhere near that level. Mahomes isn't anywhere near big enough to just shrug tacklers off of him.
Then Aaron Rodgers in his ability to extend a play and get first downs.

He will have plenty of success extending plays and Im sure he can shred some tackles he is pretty stout. He will also get thrown down but he will continue to get out of the pocket and tear teams apart and make nifty passes past the sticks for first downs not check downs.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 11:53 PM 08-11-2017
Great point.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:14 AM 08-12-2017

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:07 AM 08-12-2017
Patrick Mahomes gave the people what they wanted in his Chiefs debut

At 9:17 p.m. Friday, with 6 minutes, 44 seconds left in the first half of the Chiefs’ exhibition opener against the San Francisco 49ers, No. 15 jogged onto the field.

There were no cheers, at least not immediately.

It took the Arrowhead Stadium crowd a second to process what was happening. For the first time in 34 years, a first-round rookie quarterback had taken the field for their Kansas City Chiefs, and really, it didn’t matter that it was the preseason, or that the result of the game — a 27-17 San Francisco win — was irrelevant.

When the crowd noticed Patrick Mahomes in the game, there was rousing — but not quite rambunctious — applause. It was finally time to see what the kid could do.

And in a game where he managed to impress Chiefs coach Andy Reid — “I thought he had a good night, Reid later said — they would not be disappointed.

Operating out of the shotgun — his primary offensive formation in college at Texas Tech — Mahomes received his first snap, looked to his left and uncorked a deep ball down the right sideline to receiver Demarcus Robinson, who hauled it in for a 41-yard gain.

The play was called back on a holding call against left tackle Isaiah Battle, but that didn’t matter either. Kansas City, finally, had a real, live glimpse of the tantalizing talent that prompted the Chiefs to surrender a 2018 first-round pick to move up 17 spots and select Mahomes in May.

“He made some nice reads, nice throws,” Reid said. “Started off like gangbusters, even though we got it called back.”

Mahomes had more to show, though. The bomb was a crowd-pleaser, sure, but his best play came in the third quarter, when, with the Chiefs facing a second-and-1 at the 49ers’ 1-yard line, Mahomes received the snap from under center, executed a play-action fake and started drifting to his right.

The 49ers started flowing with him, as defenders tend to do when a quarterback starts running toward the sideline. While still on the move, Mahomes pointed toward the middle of the field with his left finger, took a few more strides toward the sideline and uncorked a jump throw across his body to his favorite target in camp, receiver Marcus Kemp, who had drifted to the soft spot in the defense that Mahomes pointed to.

Touchdown.

“He just kind of moved around and made it happen,” Reid said of Mahomes. “That was him.”

It was a great throw, for sure. Too high for linebacker Sean Porter, who was positioned in front of the receiver and tried to deflect it, but just high enough for Kemp, who leaped to haul it in with both hands. Maybe it gets intercepted against a first-string defense. But it wasn’t on this night.

“He’ll get you the ball,” Kemp said. “He’ll get you the ball no matter where you are.”

Mahomes has made this kind of throw often during training camp. Over the last three weeks, he has often been at his best on the move, trying to make a play. It’s his creativity that most attracted the Chiefs, and he has not disappointed in practice.

Mahomes would direct one more drive, netting a first down, before being lifted for fourth-string quarterback Joel Stave. Mahomes finished the day 7 of 9 for 49 yards and a touchdown.

When the Chiefs review film of this game, Reid will likely find things that Mahomes can improve upon. Mahomes is still learning the offense, and will have to master it — and all the terminology that comes with it — before he can operate it consistently.

In the meantime, the Chiefs will be happy to allow incumbent starter Alex Smith — who completed 4 of 6 passes for 48 yards and who also had a fine camp — to maintain the reins of the offense.

Smith has been more aggressive than ever in camp, and that continued on Friday. He completed a 32-yard deep pass to his No. 1 target, Tyreek Hill, on the first play of the game.

There’s a very real chance Smith raises his level of play this year due to Mahomes’ presence, and for the Chiefs, there’s no negative to that. A better Smith gives this year’s team a higher ceiling, perhaps one that can reach the AFC Championship Game or better, and it would be beneficial for Mahomes to watch a serious, respected pro like Smith do his thing for a full season.

But if the Chiefs fall short, and Reid elects to move on from Smith after this year, the next man up will be Mahomes, who has a long way to go but still put the things he does best on full display Friday night.
[Reply]
thegame214 04:57 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
False. If being "big" was why Ben slips out then wouldn't Bray be the same? It's more to do with awareness and pocket presence, which Mahomes had to have at Tech in order not to get killed. Drew Brees must be terrible at shrugging off people right?
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 07:10 AM 08-12-2017
The semen isn't even hard yet. That's all I'll say. The semen isn't even hard yet. I love you, Mahomes
[Reply]
sedated 07:37 AM 08-12-2017
One of Mahomes' best plays of the night is one very few have mentioned. It was his final drive, 3rd-and-6. Pressure immediately comes off of both edges (which ended up resulting in a hold), and Patrick stepped up in the pocket quickly and instinctively, doing his best Alex impersonation as he trotted for the 1st down which was called back.

It was just a smooth, relaxed reaction to a lot of duress.
Unlike Alex, Mahomes had his head up and was looking for a place to throw until he crossed the line. I think he gave a couple pump fakes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:47 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I thought Pat did a good job tonight for his first ever NFL action. 7/9 49 yards 1 TD, 0 INT and a 126.4 QBR. Not to mention his 50 yard bomb and first down run taken off the board due to dumbassery from the OL.

The game didn't look too big for him.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The best thing about Pat tonight was his confidence. He was pressured a lot and didn't have help from his running game.

Jared Goff was in that same position last year and he pissed his pants. Mahomes looked fine out there and endured.

Must be easier than normal for Pat to be confident in those situations seeing as how he was in them every time his offense had the ball at Tech.
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
What's this about Patrick Mahomes II never played under center? Could have fooled me Mr. DaneMcCloud I mean he pulled it out from under the center ass and threw a strike for a touchdown.

Boom Ch Ka

Keep doubting Patrick Mahomes II DaneMcCloud
And up, up, up we go.

Next Up:

Speedy, mind-blowing improvement from game to game.

Holy shit; it's possible for a Chiefs QB to actually improve instead of regress?!?!?!?

Warm up the grill, bitches; many shit-sandwiches to be fixed and served!
w00t!
[Reply]
Page 413 of 2687
« First < 313363403409410411412413 4144154164174234635139131413 > Last »
Up