ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 399 of 2683
« First < 299349389395396397398399 4004014024034094494998991399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 AM 08-09-2017
Here's the ESPN vid mentioned before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xNSEB_W8j1Y

"The kid has people's heads spinning as far as the throws he's making." Basically the coaches are floored by how impressive the talent is with Pat.

He's making throws against NFL players in practice that people said wouldn't translate to the NFL.
Yes it's just practice against 3rd stringers, but to me this says very clearly that he has Aaron Rodgers type ability and they are actually seeing this in person and are wowed.

It's legit info too. Riddick worked with Andy and Veach in Philly. He's in with our staff.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:12 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
You don't want your future qb throwing behind 3rdand 4th string ol. He'll get killed
After watching him at Tech, it seems he's used to playing behind spotty OL's.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:26 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

"The kid has people's heads spinning as far as the throws he's making." Basically the coaches are floored by how impressive the talent is with Pat.

He's making throws against NFL players in practice that people said wouldn't translate to the NFL.
Yes it's just practice against 3rd stringers, but to me this says very clearly that he has Aaron Rodgers type ability and they are actually seeing this in person and are wowed.

It's legit info too. Riddick worked with Andy and Veach in Philly. He's in with our staff.
I got goosebumps as that went along.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:35 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:42 AM 08-09-2017
You don't want your future qb throwing behind 3rdand 4th string ol. He'll get killed
Is that why we tried to develop backup QBs for four years using that exact same strategy?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:52 AM 08-09-2017
The Chiefs don't have a 4th string offensive line, as their depth chart is only 3 people deep.

It'll be interesting to see how Andy rotates the 2nd and 3rd stringers into the game because off the top of my head, I can't recall seeing a line consisting of only 3rd stringers.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10:33 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
And they came to this conclusion after watching him practice against 3rd and 4th stringers?
If he's making the throws it doesn't matter who is on the receiving end. The point is that he looks to be the real deal. You and I could be out there catching his passes, he's threading the needle and putting some zip on the ball no matter who is catching it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
If he's making the throws it doesn't matter who is on the receiving end. The point is that he looks to be the real deal. You and I could be out there catching his passes, he's threading the needle and putting some zip on the ball no matter who is catching it.
Besides, who gives a ****? This team finally drafted a QB in the 1st and made an aggressive trade up to do it. There's plenty of hype/excitement, and I'm just going to enjoy it. Some people are absolutely miserable.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:47 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
And they came to this conclusion after watching him practice against 3rd and 4th stringers?
PM2 has been throwing great all camp. Boss Chief, Clay and Crazy Coffee have all posted videos showcasing the kid's talent. So don't take their word for it- judge for yourself.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because playing Mahomes decreases the chemistry between the 1's.

The starting QB needs to get his timing down with his receivers and offensive line. When the starting QB missed 6th rounder Cyrus Gray in the Indy playoff game, it was because his timing was with Jamaal Charles, not Gray.

Every little bit of time, especially since the 2011 CBA was enacted, helps.

Mahomes will get his time, in due time.
Do you expect Smith with get more than 6 quarters over 4 games? And no, the QB will never develop chemistry with his 3rd string tailback - no amount of re-allocating reps will change the fact that when your 1 and 2 RBs goes down, you're in a bit of a bind. I definitely wouldn't be taking developmental reps away from my QBOTF out of concern for that eventuality.

In either event, I believe 6 quarters worth of snaps is probably Smith's outer bound. Now I'm not sure I'd give Mahomes a majority of snaps, but I wouldn't have a problem with a plurality of them.

I don't care if Stave never sees the field and if Mahomes ends up getting a few more reps than Smith, I'm fine with that as well. Smith's been in this offense for 4+ years now; there are no new installs for him. Anything added will be on a week by week basis.

And while some of his weapons will have changed, the only major one is Hill. And yeah, I'd like to get him some chemistry with Hill but it will be Hill that needs the reps more than Smith so he can learn the Z.

Meanwhile you're looking at a guy in Mahomes you needs a ton of live-fire and the pre-season is (lord willing) the best way to get him that. Otherwise he's just out there running the scout team and while you can try to develop technique in-season, that's not how the scout team works. His job there will be to emulate the opposition so the defense can get some reps in. It won't be to go out there and try to kick as much ass as possible.

The plan for Mahomes should be having him ready to start in 2018 - that plan should include as many reps as practical in the '17 pre-season. If that means a few more than Smith gets, I see no issue with that.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:49 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I got goosebumps as that went along.
This.

And PM2 is just starting his learning curve where as Bray and Alex are maxed out.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:54 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Do you expect Smith with get more than 6 quarters over 4 games? And no, the QB will never develop chemistry with his 3rd string tailback - no amount of re-allocating reps will change the fact that when your 1 and 2 RBs goes down, you're in a bit of a bind. I definitely wouldn't be taking developmental reps away from my QBOTF out of concern for that eventuality.

In either event, I believe 6 quarters worth of snaps is probably Smith's outer bound. Now I'm not sure I'd give Mahomes a majority of snaps, but I wouldn't have a problem with a plurality of them.

I don't care if Stave never sees the field and if Mahomes ends up getting a few more reps than Smith, I'm fine with that as well. Smith's been in this offense for 4+ years now; there are no new installs for him. Anything added will be on a week by week basis.

And while some of his weapons will have changed, the only major one is Hill. And yeah, I'd like to get him some chemistry with Hill but it will be Hill that needs the reps more than Smith so he can learn the Z.

Meanwhile you're looking at a guy in Mahomes you needs a ton of live-fire and the pre-season is (lord willing) the best way to get him that. Otherwise he's just out there running the scout team and while you can try to develop technique in-season, that's not how the scout team works. His job there will be to emulate the opposition so the defense can get some reps in. It won't be to go out there and try to kick as much ass as possible.

The plan for Mahomes should be having him ready to start in 2018 - that plan should include as many reps as practical in the '17 pre-season. If that means a few more than Smith gets, I see no issue with that.
:-) Nailed it!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What?

The starting QB plays more quarters in each game.

Game 1: One Quarter.

Game 2: 2 Quarters.

Game 3: DRESS REHEARSAL. 3 QUARTERS.

Game 4: Rookies and bubble players
Won't usually play the full 3 quarters in game 3. It depends on the drives and how he performs.

If Smith comes out and leads a good drive at the start of the 3rd after the halftime adjustments are made, they'll sit him.

But as you've noted, even the outer edge is 6 quarters out of 16. That leaves 10 quarters that should be divided among 2 guys. Why shouldn't Mahomes get 5-6 of those? And if Smith comes out early in game 3 and only has 5.5 quarters, why shouldn't Mahomes get that extra half and put him nearer 6.5?

There are justifications for Mahomes getting more snaps than Smith this pre-season.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:00 AM 08-09-2017

Great post
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:05 AM 08-09-2017
Won't usually play the full 3 quarters in game 3. It depends on the drives and how he performs.

If Smith comes out and leads a good drive at the start of the 3rd after the halftime adjustments are made, they'll sit him.

But as you've noted, even the outer edge is 6 quarters out of 16. That leaves 10 quarters that should be divided among 2 guys. Why shouldn't Mahomes get 5-6 of those? And if Smith comes out early in game 3 and only has 5.5 quarters, why shouldn't Mahomes get that extra half and put him nearer 6.5?

There are justifications for Mahomes getting more snaps than Smith this pre-season.
Im sure Mahomes will be seeing plenty of snaps.

Stave is a camp arm who will mostly only see snaps in the 1st and 4th games.

Reid has already stated that EVERYONE will get to play in game 1, but snaps in the next 3 games will go to those who earned it.

I expect we'll see a lot of Mahomes. Hell, if Bray comes out and shits the bed the first two games, i wouldn't be surprised at all to see Mahomes getting 2nd string snaps in the 3rd preseason game.

Maybe i'm reading this wrong, but i believe Dane is merely saying that Mahomes shouldn't see snaps with the 1st unit, not that his snaps should be limited. And I agree.
[Reply]
Page 399 of 2683
« First < 299349389395396397398399 4004014024034094494998991399 > Last »
Up