ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Phillip Rivers retiring
Deberg_1990 07:45 AM 01-20-2021
Next stop....Canton!

Philip Rivers announces his retirement to @sdutKevinAcee. And the #Colts need a new QB. https://t.co/FHDSArQjZO

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 20, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Nah, they met directly after the season and both agreed that Phil would take a week to decide what he wanted to do.
Well yeah, but he was asking if the Colts had made a move and that was never part of the plan.

They knew going in if he decided to retire, they would be QB-less.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:02 PM 01-20-2021
This is a photo I took during the game vs the Chargers at the Q back in November 2015. Chiefs won the game 33-3. Rivers was awful.

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:27 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
This is a photo I took during the game vs the Chargers at the Q back in November 2015. Chiefs won the game 33-3. Rivers was awful.

Looking at this picture, it amazes me that more teams didn’t reach out to Dean Spanos on how to make the limited capacity work out this season. He’s been doing this for years
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:45 PM 01-20-2021
Did anyone see the NFL.com article today listing the top 10 quarterbacks to never win a Superbowl? Rivers was 5. I disagreed at first, but looking at the list, maybe so. Here is the complete list. Shouldn't Archie Manning be on this list?

1. Dan Marino
2. Jim Kelly
3. Randall Cunningham
4. Fran Tarkenton
5. Philip Rivers
6. Warren Moon
7. Dan Fouts
8. Steve McNair
9. Michael Vick
10. Jim Everett

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-quar...ip-rivers-rank
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:48 PM 01-20-2021
Same thing I heard.

Colts inferred that he was not going to be paid $25M and have the Dolts pay whoever they trade/ draft.

Nah, they met directly after the season and both agreed that Phil would take a week to decide what he wanted to do.

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:52 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Did anyone see the NFL.com article today listing the top 10 quarterbacks to never win a Superbowl? Rivers was 5. I disagreed at first, but looking at the list, maybe so. Here is the complete list. Shouldn't Archie Manning be on this list?

1. Dan Marino
2. Jim Kelly
3. Randall Cunningham
4. Fran Tarkenton
5. Philip Rivers
6. Warren Moon
7. Dan Fouts
8. Steve McNair
9. Michael Vick
10. Jim Everett

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-quar...ip-rivers-rank
Tarkenton behind Randall Cunningham? Jim Everett on the list? What the hell.
[Reply]
Papi 06:11 PM 01-20-2021
Page 7 and no one posted this? Place has lost its burst...
Attached: 4d91f1a568e7c80919fe52a733e5e7bf.jpg (11.4 KB) 
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 06:28 PM 01-20-2021
Who?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:35 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Papi:
Page 7 and no one posted this? Place has lost its burst...
Somebody posted "well bye" early on. Not the picture, but it kind of made it pointless.

Also, you really should adjust your personal settings. This is page 2 for me.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:38 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Tarkenton behind Randall Cunningham? Jim Everett on the list? What the hell.
Oh, I agree on both points. Off the top of my head, I would put Archie Manning and Donovan McNabb in long before Jim Everett.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:48 PM 01-20-2021
As a player, couldn't stand him... he torched this team too many times over those dark, miserable early to mid 2000's

As a man, he's a damn good one, its all about faith and family for him, and I respect that immensely... the Dan Patrick show touched on his reputation as a famously prodigious trash talker today, but a strictly G rated one across all these years

Thats gotta be tough, he's a better man than me

There is much to admire about him

Dude is top 5 in basically every statistic that matters, so he will make the HOF eventually... having said that, I will always remember him on the field for his propensity for choking away games with the most ill timed, Godawful picks anyone has ever dared witness

He was Romo before Romo was cool

Goodbye, Phil
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:40 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Same thing I heard.

Colts inferred that he was not going to be paid $25M and have the Dolts pay whoever they trade/ draft.
His comments from just a week ago make it pretty clear he was planning on playing next year. So either he changed his mind or he got the impression that the Colts were moving on.

And Ballard made it clear that they were going to look ahead. He said something along the lines of “look, we’d love to have Phil back and it’s totally up to him if he wants to play. But at the same time, he’s 39 and we have to plan for the future.”
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:47 PM 01-20-2021
And you can draft 2 and 1/2 first round QB'd for his $$$$$

His comments from just a week ago make it pretty clear he was planning on playing next year. So either he changed his mind or he got the impression that the Colts were moving on.

And Ballard made it clear that they were going to look ahead. He said something along the lines of “look, we’d love to have Phil back and it’s totally up to him if he wants to play. But at the same time, he’s 39 and we have to plan for the future.”

[Reply]
HemiEd 08:20 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Who?
Exactly, that side alligator arm thowing choker? He will be sorely missed as a competitor.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:24 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by waterman:
So apparently I can't post a GIF yet, but will never forget the shot of Andy Reid big butting Phillip off the sideline.
Finally after nine years! Joined in 2012 and this is post number one, cool.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up