ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How many ketchup packets do you desire for a large order of McDonald's fries?
0 - Ketchup only masks the flavor of the fries. 22 32.35%
1 - I gently use ketchup as a garnish. 7 10.29%
2 - Ketchup enhances the flavor, but only if used in moderation. 4 5.88%
3 - I desire some coverage on my fries. 4 5.88%
4 - Fries are good. Ketchup is good. Together they're great. 15 22.06%
5 - I like ketchup. Give me a break. 4 5.88%
6 - This is America, where the ketchup flows down forested mountainsides. 4 5.88%
7 - Ketchup keeps my coat sleek and shiny. 2 2.94%
8 or more - The fries are merely a vehicle for the ketchup. 5 7.35%
I don't eat french fries. Please don't tell the government that I'm an alien. 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why are ketchup packets so small?
Rain Man 04:59 PM 01-19-2021
I mean, really. Why? One ketchup packet handles two french fries, maybe three. If I'm at McDonald's I have to grab a dozen packets to cover a large order of fries, and it makes me feel like a heel to do it.

And it's not even efficient. There's so little ketchup in each packet that 10 percent ends up on the packet where I tore it open due to surface tension or non-Newtonian flow or some other scientific principle. Who designed these things?

Is the problem me? Do I use too much ketchup? Or is the problem a society that makes me a villain for using ketchup?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:08 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
My wife left the rice farm and took a job sewing in a sweatshop in Manila. When payday came around on a Friday she and the girls would splurge on a small fry at the new Mcdonalds that had just arrived there. Nothing else really sold well at first but french fries. So they add chicken wings to the menu to compete with Jollibee and Crackado took off in the PI.
Jollibee is a strange sight to behold. Who puts spaghetti on the menu at a fast food joint?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:45 AM 01-20-2021
I kind of remember, I think.

the size and shape of the ketchup packet is related to the original machine that made them. I think the guy that originally came up with the ketchup packet was making packets for sugar. Maybe tea. Something like that.

Someone asked him if he could make ketchup packets? So he used basically the same size packet, but put ketchup in there.

And the rest is history. I think.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:51 AM 01-20-2021
I like Ketchup! for burgers though, its usually half ketchup and half Tapatio sauce. Its what i do. On fries too, but i dont always. just depends on if i feel like it.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:00 AM 01-20-2021
Hey Seinfeld, where is Rainman and what have you done with him?
[Reply]
listopencil 01:21 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, I was trying to remember where I've seen those. Any restaurant that offers those has me for life.

Well, unless I forget that they do it, of course.

LJS (pre COVID) has a condiment table with pumps and paper cups.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 06:24 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Jollibee is a strange sight to behold. Who puts spaghetti on the menu at a fast food joint?
Steak And shake would like a word
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 06:26 AM 01-20-2021
On a related note,am I the only one ho thinks Taco Bell sauce packets contain like half as much as they did 15 years ago?
[Reply]
seclark 07:05 AM 01-20-2021
Back in hs worked at Dairy Queen
Kids would grab a handful of ketchup packets and take them out to the parking lot and jam them under a tire of their car. When they backed out, packets busted and shot ketchup all over the car next to them.
sec
[Reply]
kccrow 07:10 AM 01-20-2021
Gravy and cheese, Eh.
[Reply]
Stewie 09:49 AM 01-20-2021
I used to get a hot dog after playing the front nine. The mustard and relish packets were the perfect amount for a standard dog. I think it's just coincidence since they're the same size as the ketchup packets.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:09 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Its a Filipino thing that's what they like to do. Spaghetti with some chop up meat and add it.
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:50 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I never knew until recently that you can pull these things apart.

Me too! One of those things that are done for a purpose but few people even know about that purpose. I use that just to expand the cup, it makes dipping much easier. This guy only opens 1/2 of the folds to get more into each cup:

https://tiphero.com/ketchup-cup-tip
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:03 AM 01-20-2021
McDonalds fries are so good that ketchup is unnecessary. Sadly, it took me too long to figure that out.

As far as using ketchup on fries at other places, "it depends."
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:36 PM 01-20-2021
4 - Fries are good. Ketchup is good. Together they're great.

Fries and a multitude of condiments are great.

BBQ, Ketchup, Spicey Ketchup, Mustard, Honey Mustard, Ranch, Fry Sauce, etc..

Please give me all of them.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:00 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Great french fries require no condiment!

Steak fries (Red Robin style) require a mix of both mustard and ketchup.

I have spoken.
You are RIGHT THERE!!! So close!!

[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up