ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How many ketchup packets do you desire for a large order of McDonald's fries?
0 - Ketchup only masks the flavor of the fries. 22 32.35%
1 - I gently use ketchup as a garnish. 7 10.29%
2 - Ketchup enhances the flavor, but only if used in moderation. 4 5.88%
3 - I desire some coverage on my fries. 4 5.88%
4 - Fries are good. Ketchup is good. Together they're great. 15 22.06%
5 - I like ketchup. Give me a break. 4 5.88%
6 - This is America, where the ketchup flows down forested mountainsides. 4 5.88%
7 - Ketchup keeps my coat sleek and shiny. 2 2.94%
8 or more - The fries are merely a vehicle for the ketchup. 5 7.35%
I don't eat french fries. Please don't tell the government that I'm an alien. 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why are ketchup packets so small?
Rain Man 04:59 PM 01-19-2021
I mean, really. Why? One ketchup packet handles two french fries, maybe three. If I'm at McDonald's I have to grab a dozen packets to cover a large order of fries, and it makes me feel like a heel to do it.

And it's not even efficient. There's so little ketchup in each packet that 10 percent ends up on the packet where I tore it open due to surface tension or non-Newtonian flow or some other scientific principle. Who designed these things?

Is the problem me? Do I use too much ketchup? Or is the problem a society that makes me a villain for using ketchup?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:04 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
When I was in Copenhagen a few years ago people were walking around eating fries with mayo. :-)
Yep. Saw the same thing when I was there. 'Cept I was in the MCD's, and they handed out mayo packets (bigger for some reason?) to every customer with their meal. Watched people tear off one end of the packet, and then carefully dip their fries into the the mayo and eat them one at a time..
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:05 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Proof that nobody is perfect.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:08 PM 01-19-2021
If it was in my power... I would give Rainman ketchup for life...
[Reply]
sedated 06:09 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And hash browned potatoes.
I can't say I've ever eaten hash browns plain. Its always with one of ketchup, tabasco, or the runny yolks from eggs
[Reply]
digger 06:10 PM 01-19-2021

[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:13 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I can't say I've ever eaten hash browns plain. Its always with one of ketchup, tabasco, or the runny yolks from eggs
Egg yolks and hot sauce. Though i'm partial to Chulula. Stupid friend in college got me started on that.

Also, hash is good on a steak sandwich.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:14 PM 01-19-2021
Because ketchup is awful and you shouldn't be using it at all.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:16 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Over easy eggs on top of breakfast potatoes with Frank's hot.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:22 PM 01-19-2021
I think it probably saves them money because a lot of people just do without rather than fuck with opening a bunch of tiny packets.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:23 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by digger:

[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]
For a year or two my local Wendys used those double size, bottle shaped packets... I loved them, they were the perfect answer to tiny packets

Must've proven too expensive to maintain or something, who knows
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:45 PM 01-19-2021
I use ketchup as a garnish on a burger, nothing else. And we've already been thru using it on a hot dog. Never.
[Reply]
jettio 06:54 PM 01-19-2021
Maybe ketchup packet size is related to those occasional stories where someone runs off the road and trapped in the car or gets stuck in a blizzard for several days and the only nutrition was Taco Bell sauce packets left in the car. They survive and Taco Bell gives them free food for a year or the rest of their lives or something.

Maybe the ketchup packets are sized to give small doses of hope to the poor soul who did not leave enough Taco Bell sauce packets in the car to stay alive.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:22 PM 01-19-2021
I'm a ketchup lover and used to be Mahomesian in its use. Now I've cut way back for health reasons. I only have it on fries these days. Each packet has 1 serving in it to answer your question.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 07:24 PM 01-19-2021
I need equally sized portions of ketchup and mayonnaise side by side. I then drag a couple fries through each to get a generous amount of each on the fries. Enjoy
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:21 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by kc rush:
0 ketchup/catsup is gross. BBQ sauce all day.
Anytime you might use ketchup, BBQ is usually better.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up