ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Taco Charlton
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:11 PM 05-01-2020

The Chiefs have agreed to a 1-year deal with DL Taco Charlton, a source tells Yahoo Sports.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 2, 2020

[Reply]
nychief 12:59 PM 05-02-2020
Speaks will get a chance to contribute, I think.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:04 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I feel a lot better about our DL now. Okafor’s injury is not easy to recover from and he’s a bit of a broke dick anyway.

Still want us to go all in on a DE and DT in the draft next year
If we get Chris Jones his multi-year extension (which by all accounts is the route we're going so we can lower his cap hit in the current year) why would we need to go all in at DT? We'd still have Nnadi under contract until the end of the 2021-2022 season. Saunders is here for another year after Nnadi. Chris Jones is a mega-star, Nnadi is a very good starter, and Saunders didn't get his shit pushed in this season and has upside to be almost as good as Jones in the future.

Sure, if a DT is our best option at a particular point in the draft, then take him, but there's absolutely zero reason for us to make DT a specific position we need to target and rebuild. And I recognize that for as much as Spags loves rotating his linemen, it's more important to us than other teams that we're at least 4-deep at DT. Still, for our 4th DT, it's much less important that we go "all in" on that position, particularly because it's ideal that the 4th guy be a Mike Pennel type who is more effective at clogging running lanes than applying an interior pass rush, and those players are a bit easier to find as depth.

And speaking of Pennel, we don't know how many of these guys Veach can convince to just keep sticking around on recurring 1-year deals. Some of them are apparently just fine with it.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:51 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If we get Chris Jones his multi-year extension (which by all accounts is the route we're going so we can lower his cap hit in the current year) why would we need to go all in at DT? We'd still have Nnadi under contract until the end of the 2021-2022 season. Saunders is here for another year after Nnadi. Chris Jones is a mega-star, Nnadi is a very good starter, and Saunders didn't get his shit pushed in this season and has upside to be almost as good as Jones in the future.

Sure, if a DT is our best option at a particular point in the draft, then take him, but there's absolutely zero reason for us to make DT a specific position we need to target and rebuild. And I recognize that for as much as Spags loves rotating his linemen, it's more important to us than other teams that we're at least 4-deep at DT. Still, for our 4th DT, it's much less important that we go "all in" on that position, particularly because it's ideal that the 4th guy be a Mike Pennel type who is more effective at clogging running lanes than applying an interior pass rush, and those players are a bit easier to find as depth.

And speaking of Pennel, we don't know how many of these guys Veach can convince to just keep sticking around on recurring 1-year deals. Some of them are apparently just fine with it.
I keep looking back to how much our pass rushers dropped off when Jones was out and Frank was hurt.

All these teams trying to copy us getting weapons wouldn’t have time for them to get open if we had another stud up front. It’s just another added benefit.

Imagine if we had the pass rush talent up front that was similar to the 49ers for the next 4 years? Jesus man just imagine that with this offense? We would be unbeatable
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:14 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Frank Clark
Alex Okafor - Could be released but would have $4 M to $6 M of dead money. 2019 - 22 tackles, 5 sacks in 10 games.
Tanoh Kpassagnon - 1 year on contract, $1.3 M, 2019 - 29 tackles, 4 sacks. Maybe trade if we got some real good value for him.
Breeland Speaks- Two years on contract. A post June 1 trade/cut would still have $629,185 of dead money. 2018 - 24 tackles, 1.5 sack, 2 FR
Demone Harris - 1 yr $750,000. 2019 - 4 tackles in 4 games.
Michael Danna - 5th round pick.
Tim Ward - 2019 NFI
Taco Charlton

It seems like it will be a tough go for Taco making the final roster.
Nah.

Especially if Speaks is traded and Okefor starts on PUP.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:15 PM 05-02-2020
Where the fuck do you guys get that Speaks might be traded?

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:19 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Where the fuck do you guys get that Speaks might be traded?

:-)
Yeah, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Who is trading for a guy that didn't fit the 3-4 and was injured last season?

Teams can't perform physicals, which would be required for any player coming off a lost season.

Furthermore, Speaks is going nowhere. The Chiefs have already invested more than $3.5 million in him and haven't had the chance to see what that investment brings.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:20 PM 05-02-2020
Yeah! dumbfucks!

[Reply]
RealSNR 02:34 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah! dumbfucks!

Please ban all dumbfucks from this thread!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Who is trading for a guy that didn't fit the 3-4 and was injured last season?

Teams can't perform physicals, which would be required for any player coming off a lost season.

Furthermore, Speaks is going nowhere. The Chiefs have already invested more than $3.5 million in him and haven't had the chance to see what that investment brings.
I think Speaks is going to look good this season. I watched some of the Pats game from 2018 and he flashed quite a bit.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:50 PM 05-02-2020
I have all the faith in the world in our D coordinators.

KPass looked good last year. I think he keeps developing but he’s not going to be here after next year because I expect there to be a decent market for him. Now we just need to see the same with Speaks. I thought he showed signs in his rookie year. And while that missed sack of Brady suck, it was at a time when the NFL was all sorts of flag happy.

If Speaks is just decent, it will help the Chiefs a lot.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 02:54 PM 05-02-2020
Speaks is lazy so I have no faith in him being worth much. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Also coming off injury and quarantine, that dude gonna report at 437lbs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:57 PM 05-02-2020
Speaks will for sure get some snaps with Okafor and inside on passing downs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:57 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I have all the faith in the world in our D coordinators.

KPass looked good last year. I think he keeps developing but he’s not going to be here after next year because I expect there to be a decent market for him. Now we just need to see the same with Speaks. I thought he showed signs in his rookie year. And while that missed sack of Brady suck, it was at a time when the NFL was all sorts of flag happy.

If Speaks is just decent, it will help the Chiefs a lot.
If KPass plays decently AT ALL, he's going to get bank. Dude is a physical freak and insanely smart.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:57 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Speaks is lazy so I have no faith in him being worth much. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Also coming off injury and quarantine, that dude gonna report at 437lbs.
Based off of one training camp picture.

I love all the CP GMs who would trade away all their players on rookie contracts if they were not all-pros. I mean not everyone can be Pat Mahomes!
[Reply]
Hoover 02:58 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If KPass plays decently AT ALL, he's going to get bank. Dude is a physical freak and insanely smart.
Yep. Enjoy him while we can. And eventually get a nice compensatory pick out of the deal.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up