« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I just don’t see them taking Sneed out of his current role (slot CB), to follow Diggs around. Spags clearly likes what he brings with the blitz (3 sacks in last 3 games), and he’s really physical defending the run.

He could largely erase Beasley, let two other guys double Diggs.
Depends on Breeland and Fulton.

When Breeland went down Sneed moved outside and Mathieu was playing in the slot.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:57 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Depends on Breeland and Fulton.

When Breeland went down Sneed moved outside and Mathieu was playing in the slot.
Well that’s not great, we need to be able to use Mathieu in his rover do-it-all role if possible. Fenton is probably the best bet compared to Breeland who I doubt plays.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:45 PM 01-19-2021
Superficially I really like the idea of Sneed on Diggs, but I'm not sure that Breeland/Ward are actually fast/quick enough to cover him. We know Sneed actually is.

But rookies vs. veteran elite WRs never, ever ends well for the rookie, so . . .
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:53 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I just don’t see them taking Sneed out of his current role (slot CB), to follow Diggs around. Spags clearly likes what he brings with the blitz (3 sacks in last 3 games), and he’s really physical defending the run.

He could largely erase Beasley, let two other guys double Diggs.
Yeah, normally I favor having my best corner to erase their 2nd best WR and then use numbers on their best.
[Reply]
jettio 05:58 PM 01-19-2021
Veach likes corners who can tackle and love playing football. He has done an amazing job of finding DBs with length and/or speed and can tackle.

Sneed is great.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:45 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Veach likes corners who can tackle and love playing football. He has done an amazing job of finding DBs with length and/or speed and can tackle.

Sneed is great.
With the way offenses are a true shutdown corner really doesn't exist anymore. Makes sense to get corner that will attack plays, make the tackle, and limit YAC.
[Reply]
jettio 07:08 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
With the way offenses are a true shutdown corner really doesn't exist anymore. Makes sense to get corner that will attack plays, make the tackle, and limit YAC.
On Cleveland's last play on offense. Only a handful of NFL corners could stop Kareem Hunt as quickly as Ward did.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:33 AM 01-20-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:50 AM 01-20-2021

Sneed with a good read and avoids the traffic to make the tackle on the outside. Thankful Kpassagnon didn’t hurt his arm or pec on the tackle with how it stretched. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/Pdh1fy352O

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 20, 2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:52 AM 01-20-2021

Sneak good blitz here. Sneed will be coming off the edge but Okafor crashes down for him to occupy the RG and RT. Wilson takes then back’s attention. Sneed makes it look like he has the TE and blends in with the OL until it is too late for Mayfield. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/tGU9PPTYYA

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 20, 2021

[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:53 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As good as Sneed has been, Breeland and Ward have been excellent as well. I'm pretty damn comfortable with any of those guys on Diggs TBH.
I don't know that I would say that Ward has been excellent and that I would be comfortable with him covering Diggs. Don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on Ward. He is a good corner. But he's inconsistent. He's just as apt to make a big mistake as he is to make a big play. I'm glad to have him on the team, but I'm afraid that Diggs would have a big game against him.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:41 PM 01-20-2021
Dudes an animal.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:30 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Dudes an animal.
He's old school tackling and I love it. Lays good wood.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:34 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As good as Sneed has been, Breeland and Ward have been excellent as well. I'm pretty damn comfortable with any of those guys on Diggs TBH.
Agreed. But these guys must have clear communication at all times because Diggs can burn you in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:44 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Agreed. But these guys must have clear communication at all times because Diggs can burn you in a heartbeat.
I would just keep safety help on Diggs at all times. Don't let him beat you. All the rest of their receivers are banged up (Diggs is as well), and they can't run the ball at all. Force Allen to beat you throwing the ball to people not named Stefon Diggs.

Spoiler Alert: He won't.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 58
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up