ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:58 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
It was illegal contact.

And they didn't correct it - correcting it would've been "it was illegal contact."

So, instead of giving the Chiefs the few extra yards on the DPI, they totally fuck the Chiefs in the ass with an AIDSstick and give the ball to the Texans?? How is THAT the correct call?

He was "not able to catch the pass" because he was TACKLED BEFORE THE BALL WAS THROWN.

Even though he was 1st read on the play...

He was not able to catch the ball BECAUSE of the illegal contact.

And if you say they couldn't change the call to illegal contact, how could they change it to a non-call AFTER THEY ALREADY MARKED OFF THE PENALTY AND RESET THE BALL!?

NO CHALLENGE. NO REVIEW.

Answer the questions. And if your answer doesn't include "they fucked the whole thing up" or "the NFL is rigged", then it's just more DanT bullshit.
Exactly! For a league trying to “get it right”, they sure didn’t come close
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:58 PM 10-14-2019
If these guys are so bad at their jobs, why aren't they held accountable...jeez I wonder why
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:01 PM 10-14-2019
Mahomes ONLY chucked that pick because he knew it was a free play. It's complete bullshit and changed the course of the game....THEN to put salt in the wounds Houston magically gets a PHANTOM hold to extend a drive to score a TD
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:04 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Even without any agenda it is too easy for incompetent refs to decide the outcome of a game. One well timed offensive holding or a DPI or DH, boom game over.
Or the Thursday Night Game in Oakland in 2017 where they kept throwing flag after flag after flag until Oakland scored and won the game...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:04 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mahomes ONLY chucked that pick because he knew it was a free play. It's complete bullshit and changed the course of the game....THEN to put salt in the wounds Houston magically gets a PHANTOM hold to extend a drive to score a TD
100% accurate again.
[Reply]
DanT 08:07 PM 10-14-2019

Mahomes said after the game that he threw the ball thinking that Kelce would be there to catch it. Here's an excerpt from the KC Star
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...36092143.html]
Originally Posted by KC Star:
“The play was designed where Kelce was doing a double move and I was letting him work it, knowing it was man coverage,” Mahomes said. “I saw him getting ready to do his move. I went to throw it to the spot and give him a chance. He wasn’t there. After you looked at it, you realize he kinda got tackled, so that’s the reason he wasn’t there.”

Mahomes, Kelce and Chiefs coach Andy Reid argued the decision. Asked if he received any further explanation on the reversal, Kelce replied, “Nah.” Reid said Hochuli’s explanation over the public address system matched the one he was told individually.

But it still didn’t fit the way the sequence unfolded, the Chiefs believed.

Replay showed the holding occurred before Mahomes unleashed his pass. If the ruling had been holding or illegal contact, the call would have stood — the vicinity of the throw is irrelevant for those infractions.

Instead, the call of defensive pass interference prompted the officials to determine whether Kelce was the intended receiver. But as Mahomes explained, they whiffed on that judgment.

“We were trying to get an explanation from the referee of why they picked up the flag and what was the reasoning,” Mahomes said. “They said I had thrown the ball when he was getting held, which it’s a rule (that) if it’s uncatchable, you can’t call pass interference. But ... him running the double move was the reason he fell down and it was uncatchable. It shook me.”

Asked if he received an explanation that “made sense,” Reid said, “Well, they gave me an explanation. You take what they give you and you try to get going again. There’s no use in arguing about it more than what we did. You gotta move on”

They didn’t. Not statistically, anyway.

Before the sequence, the Chiefs led 17-9, and that first-down snap came at the Texans’ 32-yard line. A two-score lead seemed on the horizon.

After the no-call, the Texans outscored Kansas City 22-7 — with undoubtedly several more significant factors in play than the response to a flag’s disappearance, namely the defense’s inability to find anything to slow the Houston offense.

“You have to move on. You have to play,” Mahomes said. “You have to find a way to play better after that flag and find ways to win the game.”

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:08 PM 10-14-2019
Or the Thursday Night Game in Oakland in 2017 where they kept throwing flag after flag after flag until Oakland scored and won the game...
Five head's last year was a tragic comedy of bad calls...including his magic comeback at Arrowhead propped by bogus defensive holds. The game just sucks now. It's gotten even WORSE with officiating. Teams like NE have COMPLETELY different rules.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10-14-2019, 08:10 PM
This message has been deleted by Garcia Bronco. Reason: Lol wtf
SupDock 08:19 PM 10-14-2019
On the final scoring play after multiple defensive flags, there was clearly offensive pass interference which was overlooked
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:26 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
So....if a DB wants to trip, grab, tackle or otherwise physically harass a receiver to whom the ball is not being thrown there is no penalty?

I know what I would be telling my players.....once the ball is in the air and you see it isn't coming to the guy you are covering, knock the crap out of him.
Lol...that DB didn't knock the crap out of Kelce. His coach is telling him not to get locked up like that.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:30 PM 10-14-2019
2 wins and suddenly we have Denver fans magically reappear....pathetic
[Reply]
stevieray 08:32 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Lol...that DB didn't knock the crap out of Kelce. His coach is telling him not to get locked up like that.
You're better than this, man.

Especially after all this time here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 PM 10-14-2019
2 wins and suddenly we have Denver fans magically reappear....pathetic
All these fucking bitches, man.

This is the moment when Reid reels off six straight wins and we tell ALL OF 'EM to suck our phat DIX.
[Reply]
bobbything 08:39 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
there was no DPI on Kelce....the ball has to be thrown to him. KELCE WAS NOWHERE NEAR CATCHING THE BALL. the licked up the flag because there was no DPI on Kelce because the ball wasn’t thrown to him. what can’t you understand? i’m a chiefs fan and they screwed it up...they should have called holding or illegal contact.
That’s not what happened. Go back and watch it then read the initial post in this thread. It’s a legitimate question that hasn’t been answered.

Penalty called, penalty accepted, ball spotted, both teams ready...buzz from the Gods...they huddle back up and change the call because they were told to do it. I’ve never seen anything that egregious. It’s not the same as throwing the flag and picking it up.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:59 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
That’s not what happened. Go back and watch it then read the initial post in this thread. It’s a legitimate question that hasn’t been answered.

Penalty called, penalty accepted, ball spotted, both teams ready...buzz from the Gods...they huddle back up and change the call because they were told to do it. I’ve never seen anything that egregious. It’s not the same as throwing the flag and picking it up.
Exactly - it was like "Holy Shit, we can get Houston back in this thing RIGHT NOW."

"It's not Pass interference. It's not defensive holding, either..."
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:53 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I know reading comprehension isn't required for Broncos fans so I will help you here.

I never said Kelce got the crap knocked out of him....although he was contacted illegally.

What I am saying is that if a receiver is not the intended target and can legally be abused I know what I am telling my DB's. Once the ball is in the air and you can tell your man is not the intended target....do whatever you want to him legally which evidently includes tackling or knocking down your guy.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up