ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yes, so why trade Peters over anything to do with business and/or politics? If the order comes from Clark, you can be sure that is the major reason why.
2nd rd pick (baseline)+ cap space for 5th year option and/or franchise tag>franchise tag and/or 5th year option cap hit + 3rd year comp

Probably what they are thinking
[Reply]
BossChief 09:08 PM 02-19-2018
Trading Peters for anything less than a 1 and 2 would be a horrible move for this franchise.

2 years and a franchise tag is the minimum amount of time Peters should be in KC. With the points our offense is going to put up, a player like Peters on defense is crucial.

Teams will get desperate and throw a lot. Guys like MP consistently take the ball away in situations like that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:19 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Trading Peters for anything less than a 1 and 2 would be a horrible move for this franchise.

2 years and a franchise tag is the minimum amount of time Peters should be in KC. With the points our offense is going to put up, a player like Peters on defense is crucial.

Teams will get desperate and throw a lot. Guys like MP consistently take the ball away in situations like that.
If you’re strictly looking at talent, I’d agree.

But let’s not pretend that Peters is an Eric Berry or Patrick Peterson type of personality.

If they trade him, it’s because of his personality, not his proven ability.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:22 PM 02-19-2018
Okay, let's frame this another way:

SOMEONE is going to pay Peters that money.
AND get his high-level play.

You've made the investment in the player, bringing him in to your system and working him in to your scheme. He is a MAJOR contributor to your defense and team, who can change the course of a game in one play.

Now, you're going to gamble that by trading him away, you are going to replace him with another player( at more than likely a different position, a position which is not NEARLY as skill-demanding as CB )that will produce at the level of Marcus Peters?

Really?

That's what you're going to do?

Okay, then.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:33 PM 02-19-2018
I just can’t see this. KC won’t get anything close to the value they’d need.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:35 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
I just can’t see this. KC won’t get anything close to the value they’d need.
Dude, if they trade him, it’s not because they’re seeking value, it’s because they no longer want to deal with him nor pay him market value.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:35 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If you’re strictly looking at talent, I’d agree.

But let’s not pretend that Peters is an Eric Berry or Patrick Peterson type of personality.

If they trade him, it’s because of his personality, not his proven ability.
Yeah, lets do tons of homework on this guy who got dismissed from his college team because of his personality, decide he's worth a 1st rounder despite said issues, he goes on to be the DROY and an All Pro, and then trade him because of his....personality? What the fuck even is this bullshit?
[Reply]
Coogs 09:35 PM 02-19-2018
Again, don't shoot me I am just passig along what I heard. Kerwin and Miller said today that word is that Peters will not be a Chief this fall. If he is, it means the Chiefs could not get the compensation they desire.

Paraphrased of course.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 PM 02-19-2018
Dudes creating basically 8 turnovers per year

Tough to move on from that
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:37 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, if they trade him, it’s not because they’re seeking value, it’s because they no longer want to deal with him nor pay him market value.
I get that but they’re going to give him away? No chance.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:37 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Again, don't shoot me I am just passig along what I heard. Kerwin and Miller said today that word is that Peters will not be a Chief this fall. If he is, it means the Chiefs could not get the compensation they desire.

Paraphrased of course.
Is there a podcast for that? I’d love to hear it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 PM 02-19-2018
If you’re trading away a dude that’s produced at that level thru 3 years at a premium position, you better be damn sure
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:38 PM 02-19-2018
Who was it that said he also got into it with his mom? He acted like he knew something. Said we would move him it got so bad.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:38 PM 02-19-2018
A poster here
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:38 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, lets do tons of homework on this guy who got dismissed from his college team because of his personality, decide he's worth a 1st rounder despite said issues, he goes on to be the DROY and an All Pro, and then trade him because of his....personality? What the fuck even is this bullshit?
The GM that made that decision is no longer with the Chiefs.

Since then, there have been several issues with Peters.

Football talent doesn’t exist in a vacuum.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up