ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 81
« First < 31717778798081
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
crispystl 05:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I am curious how defenses will play us. We have a ton of speed but they're all new players, we might have to prove we can beat you over the top before defenses get stretched back. Or will they play back and let us dink and dunk like we have been?

Idk, curious to see.
I hope they dare us to go deep. I miss watching the deep shots.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I am curious how defenses will play us. We have a ton of speed but they're all new players, we might have to prove we can beat you over the top before defenses get stretched back. Or will they play back and let us dink and dunk like we have been?

Idk, curious to see.
A
I think they will play us the same as last year.. 2 safety’s and pack the intermediate routes.. Don’t think Worthy will be a starter at the beginning and will have the same trajectory as Rice last year.. Slow build to the end of the year.. You have to respect his speed though because you know Patrick can get it there..
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 AM Today
Teams don't play up physical defense out side like the Chiefs did last year near as much as they used to.

Everyone worried about "press coverage" is a bit overblown.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well yeah, that's true, Kyler didn't get back on the field until, idk, mid-season? My point really was that since his 2nd season, Brown hasn't really taken off the way a lot of people assumed he would. He kind of got stuck in 2nd gear, so to say.

We'll find out in a few months.

Yeah it really hasn't been his day, his week, his month, or even his year
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
I don't agree here because both of these guys are going to get used in the slot. Especially with Rice suspended. They didn't assemble all of this speed to not use it together on the field.
My dumbass could design plays with that speed, even if they know its coming. Send Worthy and Brown deep(Post or corner), Send Rice and Kelce on underneath routes.

No way teams can cover Brown or Worthy one on one consistently. They will be forced to use help deep. More space for Kelce and Rice tlo get open.

Of course Reid will be designing routes at a way deeper level than the simple as the plan above. Reid will take advantage of that speed mismatch. This could be another 5000 yard season for Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Yeah it really hasn't been his day, his week, his month, or even his year
Not sure why he keeps saying 2nd year, because Brown's best year was easily his 3rd year in Baltimore before getting traded to Arizona to play with mostly backup QBs for 2 years.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:00 AM Today
I think one thing getting lost here is that neither Brown nor Worthy are strictly deep threats. Both have the speed to be, but both are also more complete receivers than that. There's no problem having both on the field together - in fact, that's a nightmare scenario for a defense.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 81
« First < 31717778798081
Up