ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 522 of 791
« First < 22422472512518519520521522 523524525526532572622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
well, will he cost less than three-year, $25.5 million?
I doubt it.

Bad teams will pay for pedigree.

Teams are still throwing money at Morris Claiborne for some weird damn reason and that guy sucks. But he was a top 10 pick with a lot of hype once and bad teams have a shitload of money to waste.

So they take 'flyers' on guys with track records of sub-standard performance because, well nobody else wants their money and maybe they'll get lucky.

Spoiler alert: They never get lucky.

Waynes draft status will get him 20% more than his performance says he oughta get, IMO.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:53 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
C

What makes Clark a fit here when Ford wasn't? If someone can explain that to me, I'll listen.
Clark is a little heavier and they feel he can play defensive end. Which he did for Seatle in their 4-3. So there is tape of him playing every down. While it seems a consensus that Ford is more OLB and might not be a fit for the 4-3. SO basically your getting more of a sure 3 down starter.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just sign Darby, extend Fuller and draft a CB in the first 3 rounds.
That's fine provided you think they can hit on a CB, something they haven't been good at.

They're gonna have to hit on a CB and a S early in the draft.
[Reply]
In58men 10:56 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just sign Darby, extend Fuller and draft a CB in the first 3 rounds.
Baker

Thornhill

Is all I want
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How much do you think they are getting? I don't think either Fuller or Waynes is going to be a break the bank CB.
I think either guy could expect in the $11 million AAV range, Fuller because of his 2017 season and his very strong 2nd half of '18, Waynes because he was a high draft pick.

I think Darby will take $8-9 million on the low end. I think you're probably talking about $30 million worth of AAV in your cornerbacks if you want to keep all three. And yes, there are ways to stagger that, but it's tough when all 3 get contracts within 2 years of each other.
[Reply]
loochy 10:57 AM 03-14-2019
That's fine provided you think they can hit on a CB, something they haven't been good at.

Yeah, like that guy we gave away for a 2nd rounder while still on his rookie contract?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:58 AM 03-14-2019
Honestly from what I've seen, I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Joejuan in the 1st round.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:58 AM 03-14-2019
Lol....Honey Badger is getting some guff from Mizzou fans for his comment about following Les Miles to Kansas.

"Don't worry, just the games are played in Missouri. You'll probably live on the Kansas side."
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Baker

Thornhill

Is all I want
Adderley and Love.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:01 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's on a futures deal after not playing in 2018.

So he's only slightly more likely to make the roster than you are. And those odds drop to exactly the same if Sherman gets re-signed.

If you sign Sherman, Ripkowksi is gone and they wouldn't bat an eye doing so. He's here exclusively as insurance in the event that Sherman's market gets out of hand.
Interesting - I never understood that to be the agenda there.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:01 AM 03-14-2019
You guys better better brace for a DL in the first rd bc we all know that’s what it’s gonna be.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:01 AM 03-14-2019

They haven't been bad at hitting on CBs in the first three rounds, they just haven't attempted to draft CBs in the first three rounds very often. K. Russell from Notre Dame is really the only "miss" they have had recently.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Clark is a little heavier and they feel he can play defensive end. Which he did for Seatle in their 4-3. So there is tape of him playing every down. While it seems a consensus that Ford is more OLB and might not be a fit for the 4-3. SO basically your getting more of a sure 3 down starter.
But he's heavier because he's taller. His build/functional strength are virtually the same.

And Clark wasn't really used as a 3-down lineman. We was in on about 70% of their snaps so he was coming off the field for run situations and really being asked to pin his ears back and get upfield in passing downs.

That's not dissimilar to what Ford was being asked to do when the Chiefs went to the 2-4-5 sets. And if my memory serves, their 'heavy nickel' with the 2-4-5 was their most commonly used set this year.

Biggest distinction I could make is that Clark is a little bit longer than Ford; little taller and his arms are a little longer so he can keep guys away from him a little better. But Ford did plenty of rushing with his hand in the dirt and had developed a very good 'lever arm' or whatever the !@#$ that move was called where he'd tilt his shoulders and put his hand right into the OL's chest to keep him from getting into his body. Houston was a boss at it and Ford clearly learned how to do it. I don't think the length would make a big difference.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:03 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Lol....Honey Badger is getting some guff from Mizzou fans for his comment about following Les Miles to Kansas.

"Don't worry, just the games are played in Missouri. You'll probably live on the Kansas side."
never understand why they think people are stupid for saying kansas in that situation. Its literally a few miles from the state line. Both sides cheer for the kansas city chiefs. Its not some huge deal to make out of it
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:04 AM 03-14-2019
Binkley says this Darby deal is close...
[Reply]
Page 522 of 791
« First < 22422472512518519520521522 523524525526532572622 > Last »
Up