ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 521 of 791
« First < 21421471511517518519520521 522523524525531571621 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 03-14-2019
In reality if you could sign Darby and flip a pick for Waynes you've basically secured your CB position with young ascending CB's...drop your 1st on Adderly and this secondary looks like it should be good...

After that you focus on that front 7 and bam solid defense.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:46 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well he's definitely taller.

I don't see the fascination with Waynes at all. That dude is 4 years of mediocrity who probably wouldn't have gotten that 4th year at all but/for his draft status.

If he's an upgrade on Nelson, it's not by much. He's coasting on pedigree, not performance.
Seems like a classic case of “the grass is always greener” to me.

I would be pretty disappointed if we ended up trading for Waynes and not signing Darby.
[Reply]
In58men 10:47 AM 03-14-2019
Eric Kush to Cleveland
[Reply]
Mecca 10:47 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Eh, I think people around here are pretty hard on Nelson. I don’t think he’s great, but he’s a decent player who was asked to do more than he’s capable of, IMO.
Waynes is literally bigger and more athletically gifted than Nelson is...he's a solid starting CB, we're not talking about trading a 1, he's like 25 if he was elite he wouldn't be available.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:48 AM 03-14-2019
I may have missed it, but any terms on Mathieu's contract yet?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:49 AM 03-14-2019
He's on a futures deal after not playing in 2018.

So he's only slightly more likely to make the roster than you are. And those odds drop to exactly the same if Sherman gets re-signed.

If you sign Sherman, Ripkowksi is gone and they wouldn't bat an eye doing so. He's here exclusively as insurance in the event that Sherman's market gets out of hand.
Didn’t realize he was on a futures deal, thanks for clarifying that for me.

I’d be fine bringing back Sherman, the dude is awesome. I do remember being fairly impressed with what I’ve seen outta Rip when he was playing.
[Reply]
loochy 10:50 AM 03-14-2019

If he's an upgrade on Nelson, it's not by much. He's coasting on pedigree, not performance.
well, will he cost less than three-year, $25.5 million?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:50 AM 03-14-2019

Somebody tell coach miles I followed him to Kansas @CoachLesMiles

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
In reality if you could sign Darby and flip a pick for Waynes you've basically secured your CB position with young ascending CB's...drop your 1st on Adderly and this secondary looks like it should be good...

After that you focus on that front 7 and bam solid defense.
'ascending' matters not if you can't keep them on your team.

Where you gonna find the cap space to pay for Fuller, Waynes AND Darby? And if I'm only paying for 2 of those guys long-term, it's Fuller and Darby in a walk.

Waynes might be worth a 5th if you want him for a single season as Darby insurance (or to have around while you develop a 2nd round CB). But there's no way I'm giving up appreciable draft capital for the privilege of paying Waynes instead of Fuller long-term.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
well, will he cost less than three-year, $25.5 million?
Right now, he's cost 1 year, $9.5M. They don't HAVE to extend him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 03-14-2019

Where you gonna find the cap space to pay for Fuller, Waynes AND Darby? And if I'm only paying for 2 of those guys long-term, it's Fuller and Darby in a walk.

Waynes might be worth a 5th if you want him for a single season as Darby insurance (or to have around while you develop a 2nd round CB). But there's no way I'm giving up appreciable draft capital for the privilege of paying Waynes instead of Fuller long-term.
Yeah, it's either Waynes or Darby. I don't see how they do both.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 AM 03-14-2019

How much do you think they are getting? I don't think either Fuller or Waynes is going to be a break the bank CB.
[Reply]
loochy 10:52 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Right now, he's cost 1 year, $9.5M. They don't HAVE to extend him.
meh, I don't know...1 year is fine I guess, but if he plays well then the retention price balloons...fine for a stopgap...so we'd better draft a CB or two
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:53 AM 03-14-2019
Just sign Darby, extend Fuller and draft a CB in the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just sign Darby, extend Fuller and draft a CB in the first 3 rounds.
If they can sign Darby and he's healthy. Sure.
[Reply]
Page 521 of 791
« First < 21421471511517518519520521 522523524525531571621 > Last »
Up