ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 219
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:06 PM 08-31-2023
8 straight runs, fucking ridiculous
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:06 PM 08-31-2023
Folks. There's no competition.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What a competition. One guy gets 4 whole passes.
So we're gonna move on from "Really Cook wasn't very good" to "well this wasn't a real competition..."?

Shit man, he WASN'T going to look as good as Cook did in the first half. Cook looked really good. And in Horn's 4 throws he biffed one pretty damn badly.

HEY! Horn gets a TD in the statsheet!

Burden is a goddamn animal. That's a 1st round pick all day.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:09 PM 08-31-2023
Thicker kicker got them over the over.

South Dakota going to cover the line at Mizzou -27.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:10 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So we're gonna move on from "Really Cook wasn't very good" to "well this wasn't a real competition..."?

Shit man, he WASN'T going to look as good as Cook did in the first half. Cook looked really good. And in Horn's 4 throws he biffed one pretty damn badly.

He got to pass it 5 times in a half. I don't care about how Cook looked in the first half. A QB competition should actually mean giving the other guy a chance at all. That didn't happen.

You're the only one that seems to think this was anything close to a "fair competition". For some reason you have this undying love for Cook's mediocre ass.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:12 PM 08-31-2023

It can be both. Horn missed a throw and got a bad break. That back shoulder throw to Weiss could have been caught.

Cook's longest throw of the night was the sideline shot to Luther, but I am of the opinion that a better arm talent puts that on a flatter line so he doesn't have to adjust his body. It was a safer throw, but it also represents his ceiling.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:13 PM 08-31-2023
Drinkwitz going full on Bud Kilmer on Horn…
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:16 PM 08-31-2023
He got to pass it 5 times in a half. I don't care about how Cook looked in the first half. A QB competition should actually mean giving the other guy a chance at all. That didn't happen.
Well he killed one of his own drives with a bad throw and then the next drive with lesser mobility.

The rest was a product of the defense not getting them the ball back all that quickly.

Maybe if Horn doesn't biff a really easy throw to suddenly bring South Dakota back within shouting range then go 3 and out on the next drive, Drink wouldn't have felt compelled to move into milk the clock mode as quickly as they did.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It can be both. Horn missed a throw and got a bad break. That back shoulder throw to Weiss could have been caught.

Cook's longest throw of the night was the sideline shot to Luther, but I am of the opinion that a better arm talent puts that on a flatter line so he doesn't have to adjust his body. It was a safer throw, but it also represents his ceiling.
I don't disagree. Cook's a limited player (though I believe Weiss also missed a ball from Cook in the first half that 'could've been caught). In the meantime, Cook was about as good as he could've possibly been. He was genuinely strong out there in the first half.

Speaking directly to the Burden throw - yes, that traded ceiling for floor but if Horn tries that throw and he's late or he overcooks it a bit, Burden gets killed (Again). Cook executed and gave his insanely good playmaker a chance to catch and protect himself. He was also able to keep plays alive with his legs better and seemed to operate on time better.

In terms of executing the offense, Cook looked WAY more poised and in control. And the long completion by Horn demonstrated a hell of a lot of arm talent but he still doesn't look ready yet. He doesn't look like someone that is more likely to win a football game for this team than Cook is.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:21 PM 08-31-2023
Fair or not, Horn really needed to shine to take that job.

We can all reasonably say that did not happen. Still another week to go but he's gonna have to play lights fucking out against Memphis to tilt it.

Everything says it's gonna be Brady Cook dinking and dunking to 6 and 6.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:22 PM 08-31-2023
We will see how next week goes, but Drinkspiss acting like Horn couldn't even come out unless the lead was insurmountable tells me everything I need to know.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Fair or not, Horn really needed to shine to take that job.

We can all reasonably say that did not happen. Still another week to go but he's gonna have to play lights fucking out against Memphis to tilt it.

Everything says it's gonna be Brady Cook dinking and dunking to 6 and 6.
I hope they let Horn have the first half next week.

Doesn't seem likely, but it would seem fair.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:23 PM 08-31-2023
I don't disagree. Cook's a limited player (though I believe Weiss also missed a ball from Cook in the first half that 'could've been caught). In the meantime, Cook was about as good as he could've possibly been. He was genuinely strong out there in the first half.

Speaking directly to the Burden throw - yes, that traded ceiling for floor but if Horn tries that throw and he's late or he overcooks it a bit, Burden gets killed (Again). Cook executed and gave his insanely good playmaker a chance to catch and protect himself. He was also able to keep plays alive with his legs better and seemed to operate on time better.

In terms of executing the offense, Cook looked WAY more poised and in control. And the long completion by Horn demonstrated a hell of a lot of arm talent but he still doesn't look ready yet. He doesn't look like someone that is more likely to win a football game for this team than Cook is.
You could tell that from 5 passes huh?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:25 PM 08-31-2023

I'd be surprised and whoops Middle Tennessee and not Memphis.

You could tell that from 5 passes huh?
Apparently enough for Drinkwitz. They had zero faith on that final drive.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:29 PM 08-31-2023

With his 28 and 7 comment after the game, I doubt Horn takes a snap with a game in doubt the rest of the season.

And when 2024 rolls around, we'll be fucking the same chicken, pissed about Cook's ceiling, but stuck because the coaching staff will want to stay with the experienced starter.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 219
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up