ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 140
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:33 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm yes he is.

That’s what the media guys have said and that’s what he did well in Dallas.
Well, yes and no.

Hitchens AND Wilson each played all three spots. And different spots in sub packages.

I think, and this is just my theory-based on the hiring of Spagnuolo, who was famous for a '4 aces' package of DE's moving in and out, and Daly, who moved guys all over for NE...and Honey Badger, who plays either S position... What if they intend to just pressure the offense from anywhere and everywhere with a bunch of guys that are just flexible?

I think people getting caught up in 'traditional' roles are going to be confused. I don't think that's the plan. I think they're going to put people anywhere and everywhere and not telegraph anything.

With the rules the way they are, you can't just line up and play man. You can't really hit the QB. Confusion is your only remaining weapon, right?

Take Honey Badger; he's played slot corner. he's played free safety. Strong safety. He does it all with aggression.

I don't think it's an accident that he was the guy we went after.

Daly's lines move all over the place. When I was interested in Flowers as a free agent, I looked at a lot of film, and he lined up everywhere. Spags kind of pioneered that with the Giants that beat NE's unbeaten team.

I think that idea is even more relevant now.

We're going to play zone, and man, and mixed coverages, and any/all manner of stunts and crosses, and you're going to have to deal with it in your pre-snap read and you better guess right or you're going down.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 06:36 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Similar, but I think he closes much faster.

And that first pop at the snap is much more violent.
Yeah definitely. Tamba seemed to have kind of a flat-footed, bow-legged gait when pursuing tackles in space, whereas Clark looks like a heat-seeking missile. Really impressed with his power and speed off the line, too.
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:40 PM 04-23-2019
Well, yes and no.

Hitchens AND Wilson each played all three spots. And different spots in sub packages.

I think, and this is just my theory-based on the hiring of Spagnuolo, who was famous for a '4 aces' package of DE's moving in and out, and Daly, who moved guys all over for NE...and Honey Badger, who plays either S position... What if they intend to just pressure the offense from anywhere and everywhere with a bunch of guys that are just flexible?

I think people getting caught up in 'traditional' roles are going to be confused. I don't think that's the plan. I think they're going to put people anywhere and everywhere and not telegraph anything.

With the rules the way they are, you can't just line up and play man. You can't really hit the QB. Confusion is your only remaining weapon, right?

Take Honey Badger; he's played slot corner. he's played free safety. Strong safety. He does it all with aggression.

I don't think it's an accident that he was the guy we went after.

Daly's lines move all over the place. When I was interested in Flowers as a free agent, I looked at a lot of film, and he lined up everywhere. Spags kind of pioneered that with the Giants that beat NE's unbeaten team.

I think that idea is even more relevant now.

We're going to play zone, and man, and mixed coverages, and any/all manner of stunts and crosses, and you're going to have to deal with it in your pre-snap read and you better guess right or you're going down.
Chris, this make a lot of sense dating back to Spags, Giants over NE.

Now It's going to be,Offense, line up and expect the unexpected instead of the norm.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:40 PM 04-23-2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3yKkXU2Uhw

I choose violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWBHp7IdWZs
How can anyone watch this and not be excited? Wow, look at those hits on AFC West QB's!!
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:41 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Farzin’s speculative defense

RDE: Frank Clark
RDT: Chris Jones
LDT: Derrick Nnadi
LDE: Emmanuel Ogbah (unless Alex Okafor converts to the left side)

SLB: Damien Wilson
MLB: Reggie Ragland (or DOD?)
WLB: Anthony Hitchens

CB: Bashaud Breeland, Kendall Fuller
FS: Tyrann Mathieu
SS: Dan Sorensen
I would think dod and hitchens DOD be swapped.
[Reply]
O.city 06:45 PM 04-23-2019
Speaks is starting somewhere
[Reply]
saphojunkie 06:46 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Farzin’s speculative defense

RDE: Frank Clark
RDT: Chris Jones
LDT: Derrick Nnadi
LDE: Emmanuel Ogbah (unless Alex Okafor converts to the left side)

SLB: Damien Wilson
MLB: Reggie Ragland (or DOD?)
WLB: Anthony Hitchens

CB: Bashaud Breeland, Kendall Fuller
FS: Tyrann Mathieu
SS: Dan Sorensen
I believe Honey badger will be playing SS.

Here's my take:

RDE: Clark
DT: Jones
NT: Nnadi
LDE: Okafor

WLB: DoD
MLB: Hitchens (think he's lost a step since Dallas)
SLB: Wilson

RCB: Fuller
LCB: Ward
SS: Mathieu
FS: Watts
[Reply]
staylor26 06:47 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Speaks is starting somewhere
It’s Speaks or Okafor, but I don’t think it’s a sure thing either way.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
How can anyone watch this and not be excited? Wow, look at those hits on AFC West QB's!!
I KNOW RIGHT

The plays where the just throws the OT into the QB...OMG
[Reply]
Sannyasi 06:52 PM 04-23-2019
I don't like the move. This is a guy who hasn't been healthy since he entered the league. And if the Seahawks weren't willing to pay him, that should make you a little suspicious that the team who knows him best doesn't like him. Obviously if he gives Khalil Mack type performance then the trade will have been worth it, but I'll believe it when I see it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:52 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I'll bet the little snark **** does it next year too. ANYTHING to keep from having to prove his mettle with a full draft board.
****, he can hardly swing with ONE guy on the phone much less multiple teams lighting his ass up. Yep, all those lights start flashing and down comes the piss from his 'Shazam' Underoos to the floor.
Jesus dude.

Go root for your Steelers. The loving arms of Big rape are waiting for you.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:53 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
I don't like the move. This is a guy who hasn't been healthy since he entered the league. And if the Seahawks weren't willing to pay him, that should make you a little suspicious that the team who knows him best doesn't like him. Obviously if he gives Khalil Mack type performance then the trade will have been worth it, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Lol wut?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:54 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Chris, this make a lot of sense dating back to Spags, Giants over NE.

Now It's going to be,Offense, line up and expect the unexpected instead of the norm.
I think we're going to see all kinds of shit.

Look the new rules limit how physical you're allowed to be on defense.

Creating doubt and confusion is the only weapon you have left.

So what if you build a defense with the intent of just creating confusion on every snap?

And your front 4 is stout enough to stuff to handle anything you want to throw at them? And you have no idea what the fuck the back 7 is doing?

I don't think traditional roles are going to come into play here. Just skillsets.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:54 PM 04-23-2019
Are you drunk or just stupid?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:55 PM 04-23-2019

uhhhh....you're thinking of some else. It's literally the only explanation for this post.

He's started 62 of a possible 64 games. And statistically stacks up very favorably with Mack.

So...yeah. You're thinking of someone else.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 140
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up