ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 140
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
stumppy 01:03 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We are good at RB. Need a solid #2 TE tho
:-)

Good? Fuck no. Kinda ok is more like it.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:03 PM 04-23-2019

pic.twitter.com/276dzsDhYI

— Lonnie (@DocFluty) April 23, 2019

Lol when last time a chiefs player did this
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:03 PM 04-23-2019
Stop telling me to feel good about overpaying in the trade, overpaying in the contract and then trying to spin a whole feel good positive "WELCOME TO THE KINGDOM, DOMESTIC ABUSER FRANK CLARK!" Instagram post.

I have a right to hate everything about this trade, regardless if he's better than Ford, which he is.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:03 PM 04-23-2019
If you want elite talent you’re going to have to overreach in this day and age.

It’s obviously a win-now move.

So let’s win now
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The worst part about this is have we really improved as a defense all that much? If we're doing a scheme transition, and if that causes confusion problems in the first year for many of the players, what's the point of moving heaven and earth to get a guy right now to fill a hole?

Why don't we ****ing draft somebody and let them develop while the other guys on defense make the transition?

For ****'s sake. The defense is going to suck. With or without Clark. It's still going to ****ing suck this year.

Clark is there... we suck. We draft some guys... we suck. The difference is in one situation we get the benefit of cheap players 3-4 years down the line in the initial stages of the Mahomes extension. In the other situation we're paying $20 million each year to one guy over the course of that time.

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really ****ing hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless.

Carl, Pioli, and even Dorsey to some extent at least were able to put up the veil of walking away from a deal. They weren't afraid of inaction, because inaction is the only goddamn bargaining chip a team often has. Veach has none of that. "Buy low, sell high" means nothing to this loser. For as vocal as he is about certain players, he clearly doesn't trust his own ability to navigate a draft board or trust his scouting when Plan A doesn't go the way he planned.

He's horrible. He might be the weakest GM we've had since before Carl.

Other GMs clearly have him pegged as the douche who will give you anything you want.
Quick, somebody hook this guy up with a chocolate covered Midol salt lick
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
it's better to overpay and get a proven player than to take your chances after the best prospects are gone in the 1st round.
Yup. I'd rather slightly overpay and get what we want and what we know will work, than underpay and get nothing but a bag of dicks.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:04 PM 04-23-2019
Boo
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:04 PM 04-23-2019
F*** you doubters. I don't even consider you real fans. I am making Clark my Adopt-A-Chief. You keep bashing him, I'll keep backing him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Veach's trades up to this point have been lackluster. It's not like we stole Frank Clark the way we stole Mahomes. And the compensation he got for Peters and Ford leave a lot to be desired.

And again, Veach may have "found" him (that WAS his job afterall) but Reid, Dorsey etc all signed off on him. Hell, even Alex Smith signed off on him.

And NONE of that matter unless Dorsey pulls that trade off.
There’s a good chance that Mahomes is playing for another team without Veach.

Veach has made some very good acquisitions and a couple homerun hires in the defensive staff. It’s not as if you’re getting someone at 29 who will perform better next year than Clark.

This team is well-positioned to win the Super Bowl and the draft hasn’t even happened. People need to quit bitching about minor details.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I hope this guy is the best pass rusher we've had since DT passed because it's going to take pretty much that or VERY close to it for me to see the value in this deal. I need the player to succeed so I hope he flies straight as an arrow and doesn't cause any issues off the field.
I will support the player because it is the right thing to do.

But unless Veach's draft picks start hitting and fairly quick-like, I'm done with him. I don't understand how a person can be THIS shitty in free agency. He can't gather compensation worth a ****, but he doles it out as if there were unlimited cap room. Does he fancy himself THAT good of a contract negotiator, that he can structure everyone to avoid overlap so that we can keep the players we need to keep?
Maybe. Maybe that's the ONE thing he's good at? I don't know.
But so far, he hasn't been that impressive on his own. Getting Honey Badger when your cap purse is full of money is one thing, but grabbing a quasi-elite pass rusher and paying him 63 guaranteed when you barely have a LB or CB corps is not something I would count as being "great management".

I'm done being lenient and understanding with this GM. I'm done defending him and backing him. And he gets ZERO free rides for being a scout that saw a great QB. That shit is done and gone.

The honeymoon is over.
All of CP can disagree about Frank Clark but at least we can agree about **** SDH :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This team has already made a significant upgrade in run defense by getting Damien Wilson for base downs
whoa whoa whoa.

Lets not get too drunk off the Kool-Aid.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:06 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:

Lol when last time a chiefs player did this
HOLY SHIT!!!
[Reply]
stumppy 01:06 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Quick, somebody hook this guy up with a chocolate covered Midol salt lick
:-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:06 PM 04-23-2019

This defense got real dawgs all around...
“Shits about to be crazy”...

— Chris Jones (@stonecoldjones_) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:06 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Can we have Dorsey back

I want Ballard back.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 140
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up