ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 140
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:53 PM 05-28-2019

You can watch my entire interview with #Chiefs pass rusher Frank Clark on my facebook page: (it's too long for twitter)https://t.co/r6H7G5EPjd

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) May 28, 2019

[Reply]
kcbubb 11:48 AM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Montez Sweat+2020 2nd or Frank Clark?

Clark, especially now. They definitely need to d to show this year since the TH crap has happened. As I said in the other thread, it's not the end of the world if they lose Hill but it will be hard to replicate last year.
I like Clark also bc we need to win now but the upside of sweat is intriguing. 7 second 3 cone with his 40, size and production? Wow...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...sweat.amp.html

Still, when the 6'6", 260-pound Sweat ran a 4.41 in the 40-yard dash at the combine, it was stunning. "When he did that, everyone was like, 'Oh, wow,'" an AFC scouting director says. He also acknowledges Sweat moved up on teams' boards after his 40.

The NFC player personnel director says he was expecting a 40 time in the low 4.5s from Sweat. Baker, who knows Sweat the athlete as well as anyone, anticipated a sub-4.5. But no one saw 4.41 coming.

The vice president says he thought Sweat would run a 4.65 or so. He also says Sweat plays fast—but not as fast as his 40 time because he takes long strides.

An AFC general manager says Sweat's speed is evident in how he closes on the quarterback. "He's a good pass-rusher with a long body, and he's athletic and [a] good bender," he says.

For a pass-rusher, the 10-yard split time—from the first 10 yards of the 40-yard dash—sometimes is considered more revealing than the 40-yard dash time because it is an indicator of initial burst. Sweat's 10-yard split was a 1.55, which is excellent, and the best of the elite edge-rushers at the combine. For comparison, Von Miller's 10-yard split time was 1.53, Khalil Mack's 1.54 and Jadeveon Clowey's 1.56.

After the combine, the headline—and most of the talk—understandably focused on Sweat's speed, but the combine revealed much more about him physically.

The vice president was taken aback by Sweat's "long arms and big-ass hands." His arms measured 35¾", and his hands measured 10½".

Sweat also impressed in the three-cone drill, which gauges short-area quickness. His time of 7.0 seconds was faster than the times of many wide receivers, defensive backs and running backs. It also was faster than the times of the other top pass-rushers who participated in the drill at the combine: Ohio State's Nick Bosa (7.10), Kentucky's Josh Allen (7.15), Michigan's Rashan Gary (7.26) and Clemson's Clelin Ferrell (7.26).
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:17 PM 05-30-2019
Who gives a shit about Sweat on May 30th
[Reply]
Mecca 12:19 PM 05-30-2019
If Sweat becomes half as good as Clark people will call it a great pick...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:30 PM 05-30-2019
You sumbitches really jerk to that 3 cone WAY too damn much
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:46 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I like Clark also bc we need to win now but the upside of sweat is intriguing. 7 second 3 cone with his 40, size and production? Wow...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...sweat.amp.html

Still, when the 6'6", 260-pound Sweat ran a 4.41 in the 40-yard dash at the combine, it was stunning. "When he did that, everyone was like, 'Oh, wow,'" an AFC scouting director says. He also acknowledges Sweat moved up on teams' boards after his 40.

The NFC player personnel director says he was expecting a 40 time in the low 4.5s from Sweat. Baker, who knows Sweat the athlete as well as anyone, anticipated a sub-4.5. But no one saw 4.41 coming.

The vice president says he thought Sweat would run a 4.65 or so. He also says Sweat plays fast—but not as fast as his 40 time because he takes long strides.

An AFC general manager says Sweat's speed is evident in how he closes on the quarterback. "He's a good pass-rusher with a long body, and he's athletic and [a] good bender," he says.

For a pass-rusher, the 10-yard split time—from the first 10 yards of the 40-yard dash—sometimes is considered more revealing than the 40-yard dash time because it is an indicator of initial burst. Sweat's 10-yard split was a 1.55, which is excellent, and the best of the elite edge-rushers at the combine. For comparison, Von Miller's 10-yard split time was 1.53, Khalil Mack's 1.54 and Jadeveon Clowey's 1.56.

After the combine, the headline—and most of the talk—understandably focused on Sweat's speed, but the combine revealed much more about him physically.

The vice president was taken aback by Sweat's "long arms and big-ass hands." His arms measured 35¾", and his hands measured 10½".

Sweat also impressed in the three-cone drill, which gauges short-area quickness. His time of 7.0 seconds was faster than the times of many wide receivers, defensive backs and running backs. It also was faster than the times of the other top pass-rushers who participated in the drill at the combine: Ohio State's Nick Bosa (7.10), Kentucky's Josh Allen (7.15), Michigan's Rashan Gary (7.26) and Clemson's Clelin Ferrell (7.26).
Weird post about a guy that was drafted 3 picks before the one the Chiefs traded for Clark.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:49 PM 05-30-2019
It'll definitely be interesting to see how Sweat does in the NFL. Him lasting to 26 certainly put him in reach for a trade up if we still had our pick. But, I'm hoping that Clark makes such an impact, that we are thrilled with the trade. Time will tell.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:58 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If Sweat becomes half as good as Clark people will call it a great pick...
Keep in mind that it's not sweat for Clark. The Chiefs could have drafted sweat and spent $10m on another veteran. I'm good with the trade. But even being half as good is enough to second guess whether we should have just kept the pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Keep in mind that it's not sweat for Clark. The Chiefs could have drafted sweat and spent $10m on another veteran. I'm good with the trade. But even being half as good is enough to second guess whether we should have just kept the pick.
But how long does it take him to be half as good?

That’s the question. We’re in win now mode.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:07 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Keep in mind they couldn't have drafted Sweat, because he was already drafted.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:08 PM 05-30-2019
Additionally,

AHEM

WHAT FUCKING FREE AGENT DO YOU WANT FOR THIS YEAR THAT THE CHIEFS CANNOT ALREADY AFFORD?

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:36 PM 05-30-2019
Clark is one of the NFL’s best pass rushers right now. I think folks hope that Sweat could someday be near that conversation.

Of course, people thought Aaron curry would ascend to that level based on his measurables.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:47 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But how long does it take him to be half as good?

That’s the question. We’re in win now mode.
Yip
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:14 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Clark is one of the NFL’s best pass rushers right now. I think folks hope that Sweat could someday be near that conversation.

Of course, people thought Aaron curry would ascend to that level based on his measurables.

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:54 PM 05-30-2019
People need to realize what this team is. They're a Superbowl contender now. Stop thinking like this is the same Chiefs we've been watching the last 20 years.

If this is 2009, then sure, you take a flyer on a rookie and buy a JAG veteran to fill a hole for a couple years. But that's not what the Chiefs are any more. Clark is 26 during the season. He's less than 3 years older than Sweat, there's no need to wait on him to develop and he's still ascending. That's exactly what this team needed at the point they are.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 140
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up