ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 140
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
BlackOp 01:45 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But arguably it also puts more pressure to win in the next three years where being more patient gives us a lot more flexibility to extend our window beyond 3 years.
This is KC's window...they can be financially frugal after Mahomes gets paid....like every other team with an expensive QB.

I dont care about 3-4 years from now...it's SB or bust for the next 2. Brady, Rivers and Big Rape will all be gone soon...Mahomes will own the AFC when/if money gets tight.

We also dont know if the cap is going to explode with the new CBA....all this back-n-forth might be meaningless soon and KC could have enough money to keep everyone happy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:51 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This is KC's window...they can be financially frugal after Mahomes gets paid....like every other team with an expensive QB.

I dont care about 3-4 years from now...it's SB or bust for the next 2. Brady, Rivers and Big Rape will all be gone soon...Mahomes will own the AFC when/if money gets tight.

We also dont know if the cap is going to explode with the new CBA....all this back-n-forth might be meaningless soon and KC could have enough money to keep everyone happy.
Exactly.

All this "be patient, we're building a dynasty" talk is ridiculous. The team was one 5-yard penalty away from its first Super Bowl in 50 freaking years.

The time is NOW.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:54 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

All this "be patient, we're building a dynasty" talk is ridiculous. The team was one 5-yard penalty away from its first Super Bowl in 50 freaking years.

The time is NOW.
AND, it'd be one thing if we were fucking ourselves for the foreseeable future, but all of these deals have outs in three years or so. We're not.

The structuring on all of these deals is good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
AND, it'd be one thing if we were fucking ourselves for the foreseeable future, but all of these deals have outs in three years or so. We're not.

Yep.

I really can't complain. I'm all about 2019. Clark's 2019 cap hit is 30% of what Ford's would have been.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 04-24-2019

But but but Veach is terrible at negotiations!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:01 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If Trey Flowers was even close to as good as Clark, the Pats wouldn’t have been ok with letting him walk for a late 3rd round comp pick.
The Pats traded Chandler fucking Jones.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:02 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

I think our window is longer than we think. We still have a few years post big mahomes contract to play around with our cap. At least 5 or 6 years. So the question is... Do we have to go all in on 2019 at the expense of year 3 and 4? Or can we wait until 2020 without giving up valuable trade assets?

Lets play out an example. We could still add an ansah, suh, and Maxx Williams and maybe still be in the market for a less aggressive comp for frank clark or Patrick Peterson or who knows who might be trade bait early in the season. Whatever we don't spend, use available cap to frontload Chris jones in 2019 with less cap hit in 2020. In 2020, go after the best of the best. This approach may not get us frank Clark impact in 2019 but it sets us up phenomenally well for 2020 and much better beyond 2020.

We've decided to go in on winning today even if it makes it harder to win tomorrow. That's OK. Just pointing out the alternative which isn't bad either.
[Reply]
Ass Rockah 02:07 PM 04-24-2019
Clark makes your D super bowl caliber
[Reply]
staylor26 02:09 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Pats traded Chandler fucking Jones.
Yea, but they got what they could get for him even though it was probably less than his talent was worth because of the off the field stuff at the time.

That’s my point though. If they thought a guy like Clark was only slightly better than Flowers, they would’ve gotten more than a 3rd round comp pick for him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:12 PM 04-24-2019
AND, it'd be one thing if we were ****ing ourselves for the foreseeable future, but all of these deals have outs in three years or so. We're not.

As you know, I was very complimentary of veachs offseason to date. What I saw as the approach was that we buy short term stopgaps with the hope that we can draft a replacement to take the contract off the books. if you draft a WR2, you've saved this team $20m. Less top picks makes it harder to get these guys off the books.

that's more than fine if we win a super bowl in this window which we've given ourselves a shot to do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 04-24-2019
We've decided to go in on winning today even if it makes it harder to win tomorrow.
False. Nothing they have done makes it harder to win tomorrow.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:17 PM 04-24-2019
Watkins
Hitchens
No Earl Thomas trade (rumor that we also sought other DB trades last year too)
Underwhelming trade comp for Ford
Underwhelming comp for Peters
No comp at all for houston
Huge trade comp for frank clark
Tons of credible rumors of us desperately shopping for trades at spring meetings.

Cmon, are you really going to say that all these deals paint a picture of shrewd negotiation? I know many will make excuses for each of these transactions individually. But how many individual excuses can you make without acknowledging a pattern?
So which GM has done a better job with these issues you say Veach has?
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 02:21 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Your high. He's massively better than Ford. He's a real DE.
Ford is equally good of a pass rusher as Clark and Clark is not as good vs the run as you think he is.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:33 PM 04-24-2019
After an evening of sleep, I'm over it. All of it. Just play ball and win. And yes, I expect some major production from Frank Clark. Match Chris Jones step for step, double the effectiveness of our D-line, or go home.

I still believe Veach to be operating beyond his pants size, and he needs to start killing it in the draft. I have also determined that if we can't get proper value for elite players, then they need to stay here and contribute from this time going forward.
( No, that does NOT mean I wish Dee Dipshit Fjord and Justin Lazy-Ass Houston were still here, just as the comment implies )
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:37 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, but they got what they could get for him even though it was probably less than his talent was worth because of the off the field stuff at the time.

That’s my point though. If they thought a guy like Clark was only slightly better than Flowers, they would’ve gotten more than a 3rd round comp pick for him.
1. They weren't going to trade Flowers (or any other impact player) during the middle of a SB run in what was Brady's likely last shot.

2. They took the 3rd round comp because they'd rather pay DBs to cover 100% of the time than millions to rushers that are on the field only 2/3 of the time. Given how quickly most offenses get the ball out, it's a pretty sound strategy, too.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 140
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Up