ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 68
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 06:21 AM 02-27-2011
They should do the story where Superman walks into an aids tree....maybe get Tim Burton to do it
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:32 AM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
They should do the story where Superman walks into an aids tree....maybe get Tim Burton to do it
And he should fight a giant mechanical spider.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 10:41 AM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
And he should fight a giant mechanical spider.
NO, NO NO... he needs to wrassle polar bears outside of the fortress of solitude.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:56 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Viggo Morteson as Zod sounds perfect.
Yes. He would kill it as Zod. If this happens, my outlook for this Supes reboot would triple in anticipation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:01 PM 02-27-2011
Zod? Are you fucking kidding me?

So let's get this straight: In Superman Returns (which sucked ass in every single way), Singer chose to use Lex Luthor (again!) as the bad guy, just like in Superman 1 and 4.

Now, after all of the previous films (especially S & S2) have been blasted all over premium cable networks for the better part of 30 years, Nolan and Snyder decide to use Zod as the bad guy in their incarnation?

Please, wake me when it's over.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:05 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Zod? Are you fucking kidding me?

So let's get this straight: In Superman Returns (which sucked ass in every single way), Singer chose to use Lex Luthor (again!) as the bad guy, just like in Superman 1 and 4.

Now, after all of the previous films (especially S & S2) have been blasted all over premium cable networks for the better part of 30 years, Nolan and Snyder decide to use Zod as the bad guy in their incarnation?

I get what you're saying, but this is the question - for a Supes film, who is going to be the villian? As UtP summed up a few posts back, Supes is indestructable. You need a villian that can believably hang in with him. I guess they can go other routes like Brainiac or Doomsday, but Zod would be an intriguing character if casted correctly.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:21 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I get what you're saying, but this is the question - for a Supes film, who is going to be the villian? As UtP summed up a few posts back, Supes is indestructable. You need a villian that can believably hang in with him. I guess they can go other routes like Brainiac or Doomsday, but Zod would be an intriguing character if casted correctly.
I thought Superman II was stupid, especially since Superman had the ability to reverse his "powers" in the Fortress of Solitude. If Zod is done right, it could be interesting but personally, I'd have rather seen a new bad guy introduced instead of rehashing Zod, just after rehashing Luthor.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:30 PM 02-27-2011
I thought Superman II was stupid, especially since Superman had the ability to reverse his "powers" in the Fortress of Solitude. If Zod is done right, it could be interesting but personally, I'd have rather seen a new bad guy introduced instead of rehashing Zod, just after rehashing Luthor.
Yeah, the Fortress part was full of WTF moments. Supes' ability to drain Kryptonians of their powers, his ability to be in four places at once (and one a crystal statue?), and that plastic thing he ripped off the S on his chest and threw at Nonn..... It's all akin to the Wolverine movie, where about two thirds of the way through, they were like "Hey! This is a comic book movie! We've got to do outlandish stuff and blow a ton of shit up!"

I guess the thing that intrigues me about Zod possibly being portrayed by Mortensen (other than Viggo being a fantastic actor) is Nolan himself, along with Snyder. I'm a fan of both (I may be in the minority of Snyder fans), and I love what Nolan did with the Joker. If, and it's a big IF, all these parts can come together properly, I feel like it could be a home run.
[Reply]
Frankie 06:47 PM 02-27-2011
Zod? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Is Zod even a character from the comics or just SM movies?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:04 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Is Zod even a character from the comics or just SM movies?
Yes he's a character in the comics
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:02 AM 02-28-2011
Zod could make sense if the film is still about a young superman traveling the world between Smallville and Metropolis, trying to figure out who he is. Zod could be the tempter showing him how powerful he could be ruling over the world instead of merely being a part of it.

Not sure who else they could bring. Superman's enemies are so limited because he's so freaking powerful....

And I still like the idea of teasing or even introducing Lex Luthor, but keeping him as a figure in the shadows. Save him for the sequel or the third. And then eventually bring in Brainiac.
[Reply]
beach tribe 09:15 AM 02-28-2011
Gen. Zod: "bow before Zod"

President: "oh God" *kneels*

Gen. Zod: "it's ZOD!"
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:51 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Gen. Zod: "bow before Zod"

President: "oh God" *kneels*

Gen. Zod: "it's ZOD!"
Wow. You fucked that up royally.

Super-man doesn't tell the president to kneel. He tells the dummy pres to kneel. When he does, Zod says he's not the real president.

The the president comes over and says he'll kneel if it will save lives. Then he says there is one person who won't ever kneel.

Zod: Who is this imbecile? Where is he?

President: I wish I knew.

Then the president kneels.

President: Oh God.

Zod: Zod!

Note, he doesn't say "It's Zod." That would suck.
[Reply]
007 06:31 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Zod could make sense if the film is still about a young superman traveling the world between Smallville and Metropolis, trying to figure out who he is. Zod could be the tempter showing him how powerful he could be ruling over the world instead of merely being a part of it.

Not sure who else they could bring. Superman's enemies are so limited because he's so freaking powerful....

And I still like the idea of teasing or even introducing Lex Luthor, but keeping him as a figure in the shadows. Save him for the sequel or the third. And then eventually bring in Brainiac.
This movie is a one shot deal. There won't be a sequel.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by Guru:
This movie is a one shot deal. There won't be a sequel.
If the next Superman pulls in huge box office numbers and is critically acclaimed, there will definitely be a sequel.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 68
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up