ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 50
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
BWillie 10:25 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Most of the main gripes I saw were from the purists. When Superman basicly caused the deaths of countless civilians with his battle eith Zod, and then he straight up killed Zod, the film received a massive middle finger from a lot of my DC fan friends.

Same as with Batman basicly being the Punisher in a batsuit.

Snyder wasn't really faithful to the comic book source material. Superman and Batman dont kill people. It ruffled a lot of feathers so those movies got pooped on a little.
Meh. U are right. I guess Im not a exactly a purist but Zod was such a villain he really had no choice and immediately was distraught about it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:06 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The reason for the 4:3 Aspect Ratio is that Snyder wants it to look correct in IMAX.
Which is interesting. Is this movie playing anywhere in IMAX?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:10 AM 03-21-2021
I really enjoyed it. They fleshed out the characters more. I liked Cyborg and Flash more and still love batfleck. It was a totally different movie too. I still like Man of Steel the best because I just love that movie and want another Cavill superman movie done right.

I'd give this an 8/10....it's definitely up there and think it will please the fans. Original JL is absolute trash compared to this. Only thing it did better was probably the comedy minus the Batman looking stupid.

Alot of shit going on in the end too with the injustice dream etc. Not sure if I would've liked Snyder's direction with Bruce and Lois...he has some weird ideas.

Definitely a cliff hanger which would've been interesting to see anyway but I'm guessing will never happen.

Get me Man of Steel 2 please.

Also I LOVE this Wonder Woman and the first movie one... enough with the pining over Steve Trevor WW84 trash. I pretty much pretend WW84 never happened.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:49 AM 03-21-2021
Say no to a Bruce Wayne and Lois Lane affair resulting in a child. Which is Snyder's follow up if he were continue his vision of the DCEU. WB quickly said no to that
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:16 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Say no to a Bruce Wayne and Lois Lane affair resulting in a child. Which is Snyder's follow up if he were continue his vision of the DCEU. WB quickly said no to that
Yeah I don't like that at all. It's odd like new 52 where superman and wonder woman were dating. Weird.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:21 AM 03-21-2021
Finally finished it. Much better than the first version but way too fucking long.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:44 AM 03-21-2021
I'm a little over an hour into it. Cool stuff so far. Of course they couldn't show a four hour movie in theaters. I'm sure it would have had to have been hacked down a bit. I think they could have gotten away with a three hour run time, maybe. My input on that? Cut all the scenes of Lois Lane moping around.
[Reply]
-King- 10:49 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
Batman is the most useless super hero ever. Unsure how, but this version made him look even worse :-)
I haven't watched but someone said all the other heroes felt sorry for him so they walked around with him instead of flying :-)
[Reply]
-King- 10:52 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I agree. MoS was great, no sure why so many ppl tried to shit on it at first.

Would love love love and MoS 2....but with a REAL Lex Luthor this time. No Jesse Eisenberg.
Man of Steel was one of my favorite superhero movies. I never understood the destruction criticism. You have two of the universes most powerful things fighting and on top of that you have a machine terraforming the earth (which did most of the destruction FWIW), what exactly do you expect? Of course shit is going to get fucked up.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:37 AM 03-21-2021
Cyborg's back story is dumb.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:09 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Man of Steel was one of my favorite superhero movies. I never understood the destruction criticism. You have two of the universes most powerful things fighting and on top of that you have a machine terraforming the earth (which did most of the destruction FWIW), what exactly do you expect? Of course shit is going to get fucked up.
Yep. Cavill is the perfect Superman in my eyes.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:15 PM 03-21-2021
OK, well, I still have a half hour left in this thing because it's long. Long as fuck. But it's a much better movie. Without giving away any spoilers I loved the quick fight sequence that ended with Wonder Woman's sword strike. Goosebumps.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:09 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
JFC. :-)

Have you read anything that I've posted on this subject?
If im being quite honest Dane, I try not to read anything you post on any subject. Your schtick as "an insider" being "in the know" or your need of being the foremost authority on nearly every single subject gets quite tiresome very quickly. Youre like that dude that shows up, and no matter the topic, youve either done it better or know someone who has, etc etc...

While I am entertained at folks sniffing their own farts from time to time, most times in your case im of the general opinion that Id be pretty stoked if you found someplace else to do it.

Just one guy's opinion.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:41 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
If im being quite honest Dane, I try not to read anything you post on any subject. Your schtick as "an insider" being "in the know" or your need of being the foremost authority on nearly every single subject gets quite tiresome very quickly. Youre like that dude that shows up, and no matter the topic, youve either done it better or know someone who has, etc etc...

While I am entertained at folks sniffing their own farts from time to time, most times in your case im of the general opinion that Id be pretty stoked if you found someplace else to do it.

Just one guy's opinion.
Well, if you would stop posting stupid, uniformed nonsense, I wouldn't need constantly correct you.

Information isn't a "schtick", dope and there's this thing called Ignore. Use it.

Oh and go fuck yourself, moron.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:18 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well, the definition of "beat" is open for interpretation. I have no doubts a lot of mutants could get lucky and knock him out for a bit, but there aren't many who can kill him. Not to mention the fact that he's got great resistance to telepathy.

Here is a list of mutants I would not be surprised if Wolverine killed in a straight up fight:

Jubilee
Rogue (pre-Captain Marvel, of course)
Nightcrawler
Cyclops
Storm
Gambit
Multiple Man
Toad
Blob
Sabretooth
Colossus
Beast
Shadowcat
Angel
Emma Frost
Professor X
Mystique
My definition Is wolverine can't die and will eventually heal. But he can be defeated.

Young jubilee, he straight murders. Adult jubilee is omega level and would explode him.
Young rogue he murders, she may be able to copy his healing, but it doesn't happen in time.
Nightcrawler, he delimbs him or drops him off in bfe where he is out of the fight.
Cyclops destroys him as long as logan doesn't get a sneak attack. His blast can also delimb him. The guy is also good fighter and leads the X-Men.
Storm, she is omega level. As long as she is not underground, she can just stay airborne. She can fling him into space with the winds or hit him with enough lightening to melt his skin. He can't get to her.
Gambit, wolverine should smoke him. I think gambit could win if he could touch wolverine long enough. But I don't think he can.
Multiple man. Wolverine should eventually win in normal instances. It will be a long drawn out battle.
Toad, wolverine wins
Blob, wolverine wins
Sabertooth, wolverine wins
Colossus wins, he can take the hits and then strong enough to delimb him.
Beast, wolverine wins outside of tech
Angel, wolverine wins, I think angel is useless. Archangel is more dangerous. But still loses.
Emma frost and professor x wreck him. The professor has been changing his mind for ever. They can't kill him, but he won't remember. He can defeat them.
Mystique, he straight murders.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 50
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Up