Page 62 of 121
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr fucking sucks
staylor26 02:10 PM 12-10-2017
That is all
[Reply]
Sorry 10:36 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
DC caught some teams off guard last year throwing downfield much more than previous years. Once again though the league and film caught up by mid season and the team faded again. Carr will be just fine when all is well around him and he has time but if he gets punched in the mouth he turns into a puddle of piss
Wrong.. he'll be fine if he has a competent defense. Patrick is an outlier of elite talent, no QB would be successful with what the raiders have had in terms of defensive talent/scheme
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:54 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Wrong.. he'll be fine if he has a competent defense. Patrick is an outlier of elite talent, no QB would be successful with what the raiders have had in terms of defensive talent/scheme
Toss in the make shift OL due to injuries for most of the year and Carr had an amazing season.

Carr would be viewed very differently if the Raiders had even the 20th ranked defense on average for his career. His best D was 21st and the team went 12-4.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:09 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
You may be correct. Carr may well be "fine" with an elite defense. Kinda like the old niners with Alex Smith fine. They stayed in every game because of an elite defense so an average offense can be carried to the playoffs. I just think Carrs ceiling is only slightly better than mediocre and he will never be able to lift a team by elevating those around him like the elite QBs do. Yes the Raiders need a defensive enema.....I get that. However if they can get better at QB, they should try every chance they get. Until he proves otherwise, when the going gets tough, Carr goes fetal
[Reply]
jdubya 11:10 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Toss in the make shift OL due to injuries for most of the year and Carr had an amazing season.

Carr would be viewed very differently if the Raiders had even the 20th ranked defense on average for his career. His best D was 21st and the team went 12-4.
Carr leads the NFL for never ending excuses too. :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:36 PM 05-25-2021
Another year, another bunch of people saying why the Raiders (and the Chargers for that matter) are secretly super good and then KC goes on to win a sixth straight AFCW.

If Rodgers goes to Denver that will be the first time I've even come close to worrying
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:42 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
When Derrick Carr and Daniel Jones are on your list as the top 2 deep passers, and Mahomes doesn't even make your top 10, that's a huge fucking red flag that you need to reevaluate your metrics.
Mahomes' deep ball still needs work, IMO.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:44 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Mahomes' deep ball still needs work, IMO.
Maybe one day he can be as great as Daniel Jones.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 05-25-2021
When Derrick Carr and Daniel Jones are on your list as the top 2 deep passers, and Mahomes doesn't even make your top 10, that's a huge fucking red flag that you need to reevaluate your metrics.

If i did this exercise and that were my results i'd be too embarrassed to even post it.

I'd toss that shit in the trash and move on to some other fluff piece. Publish that instead.
To be fair, watching the actual games, Carr and Jones both were very efficient on deep balls last year. Without any context, I agree, it's a shit list. But within the context of what they're actually measuring, it makes total sense.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:08 PM 05-25-2021
Mahomes is NOT perfect, but he is still the best QB in the NFL.

A perfect Mahomes (add elite deep ball) would be unfair to the rest of the NFL. What would be the point in watching then? You'd already know the outcome going into every game.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:41 PM 05-25-2021
David Carr is a worse analyst than he was a qb. And he was an awful qb.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:56 PM 05-25-2021

If i did this exercise and that were my results i'd be too embarrassed to even post it.

I'd toss that shit in the trash and move on to some other fluff piece. Publish that instead.
Some question my decision to place the VW Beetle and Dodge Neon atop the auto performance rankings, but my system notes considerable impact for bug-eye headlights, which are nearly mandatory for high power rankings.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:00 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Another year, another bunch of people saying why the Raiders (and the Chargers for that matter) are secretly super good and then KC goes on to win a sixth straight AFCW.
I'm still amazed at the string of success we've had.

5 division titles and 2 SB's in a row?

Never thought it would happen...
[Reply]
jdubya 11:59 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
David Carr is a worse analyst than he was a qb. And he was an awful qb.
Only thing I would say is that David actually got physically destroyed every game and kept on trying. Derek is a fricken pussy when pressured. Derek likely has the better talent but David had more heart. JMO
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:06 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

:-)

Buddy, you don't know what a makeshift OL looks like. You're in for a real treat this upcoming season, let me tell you.

All that sunshine you've been pumping out Alex Leatherwood's ass ain't gonna make Carr an effective QB behind those crash posts in front of him.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:52 AM 05-26-2021
Carr did beat us last year. So the talent is there
[Reply]
Page 62 of 121
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Up