ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How's your job satisfaction at the moment?
I'm exuberant. I hate having days off because I love my job so much. 13 10.00%
I'm generally pleased. I'm cruising along like a non-Malaysian airliner, happy and making progress. 42 32.31%
I'm okay. My job is not necessarily my raison d'etre, but it's not like they make me speak French or anything. 20 15.38%
I'm neutral. Solid, stoic, neutral. I neither like nor hate, neither rejoice nor loathe. 8 6.15%
I have a slight frown. I wish I was somewhere else, but I'm here and I'm going to soldier on. 13 10.00%
I'm displeased now that you mention it. What am I doing with my life? Why am I here? I've never been to Mongolia, and I'm doing this? 8 6.15%
My job is eating my soul. I must escape this unrelenting yoke that grinds me into the earth. 8 6.15%
I don't work. I'm retired, in school, rich, chronically unemployed, and/or have a sugar daddy/mama. 13 10.00%
I have no idea if I'm satisfied or not. Ever since Corporate Lobotomy Day last July, I've just come in and worked. 5 3.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How's your job satisfaction?
Rain Man 12:30 PM 03-20-2018
Poll coming as soon as I get my red stapler back.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is there a company on your porch?
I live in a town of roughly 25,000 so nothing is more than 10 minutes away, but my job is now literally 2 miles down the road
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:22 AM 03-21-2018
It's hard to explain. I both like and hate my job at the same time. When I try to like my job they give me plenty of reason to hate it but for the most part it's easy but it gets difficult at any moment just got to keep your wits about you and not let the bull shit get you down.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:31 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
For the last couple of years I had been exploring different job opportunities because I’ve been burned out from working in the mortgage industry for ten years. I accepted an offer to work in Shenzhen, China for a year last August. In September I moved out of my apartment, sold my car and threw my shit into storage. I started working here in southern China in mid September. I love my job here. I get my own monthly stipend for my apartment and the cost of living is so cheap, I barely spend a quarter of my check. I paid off my debts and now my only bill from home is my monthly storage fee. I love being right next door to Hong Kong and for Chinese New Year I spent a week in Cebu, Philippines. I get the normal homesickness and it sucks having to watch the Chiefs at 5am but this has been an amazing experience.
Wow. That's pretty cool.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:34 AM 03-21-2018
I'm fine, thanks for asking. I get to write for a living, which is nice, even if I'm not particularly interested in what I'm writing about. THanks!
[Reply]
Dayze 10:42 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
For the last couple of years I had been exploring different job opportunities because I’ve been burned out from working in the mortgage industry for ten years. I accepted an offer to work in Shenzhen, China for a year last August. In September I moved out of my apartment, sold my car and threw my shit into storage. I started working here in southern China in mid September. I love my job here. I get my own monthly stipend for my apartment and the cost of living is so cheap, I barely spend a quarter of my check. I paid off my debts and now my only bill from home is my monthly storage fee. I love being right next door to Hong Kong and for Chinese New Year I spent a week in Cebu, Philippines. I get the normal homesickness and it sucks having to watch the Chiefs at 5am but this has been an amazing experience.
I bet the Panda Express' there, are outstanding.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:03 AM 03-21-2018
No complaints. Sold my largest business last August. I could comfortably retire today at 51, but wtf am I going to do? I enjoy working and having the financial comfort of taking off when I want to. I love my little Company I have right now - myself and my biz partner. We do deals that interest us, and take on a fun project now and then. It’s all good.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:18 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I love Chinese food but when you eat it every fucking day it it gets old quick lol. Luckily there’s enough western food joints here to keep me from going crazy.
[Reply]
seclark 11:34 AM 03-21-2018
35years at the same job this month. don't hate it, but i'm sure tired of it. things sure change over all those years. all the people that were here when i started have retired. just a bunch of damn kids. their music sucks. they park in my parking place. they never put a new roll of toilet paper on when they use the last of it....yeah, fuck this place...i'm out of here as soon as i can get out.:-)
sec
[Reply]
ghak99 12:20 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Do tell?
It's mostly financial risk that is out of my hands.

I can mitigate it enough to not lose everything, but I can't really keep from occasionally working all year for free.
[Reply]
chinaski 12:45 PM 03-21-2018
A person I used to work with, whom I looked up to, told me this about a year before he retired:

"When I started doing this, it was a career. Then it turned into a job. Now I go to work."
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:45 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It's mostly financial risk that is out of my hands.

I can mitigate it enough to not lose everything, but I can't really keep from occasionally working all year for free.
Yep. I’m probably going to work for free this year. Yay!
[Reply]
tooge 12:48 PM 03-21-2018
I'm generally happy. However, the success of my job often depends on my patients doing what I tell them to do, and often times, they don't. That is frustrating. Fixing someone up, only to have them come in 6 months later with their teeth covered in fur/cheese, is very much a bummer.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:01 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I bet in China they sell hamburgers there.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:05 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I live in a town of roughly 25,000 so nothing is more than 10 minutes away, but my job is now literally 2 miles down the road
My job is a 30 feet away! Nah! Nah!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:06 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I know an art school that would have all the students screaming and running for the exits if I showed up nude.
Which one is that?

For us artists, anatomy is still just anatomy to learn from.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up