ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How's your job satisfaction at the moment?
I'm exuberant. I hate having days off because I love my job so much. 13 10.00%
I'm generally pleased. I'm cruising along like a non-Malaysian airliner, happy and making progress. 42 32.31%
I'm okay. My job is not necessarily my raison d'etre, but it's not like they make me speak French or anything. 20 15.38%
I'm neutral. Solid, stoic, neutral. I neither like nor hate, neither rejoice nor loathe. 8 6.15%
I have a slight frown. I wish I was somewhere else, but I'm here and I'm going to soldier on. 13 10.00%
I'm displeased now that you mention it. What am I doing with my life? Why am I here? I've never been to Mongolia, and I'm doing this? 8 6.15%
My job is eating my soul. I must escape this unrelenting yoke that grinds me into the earth. 8 6.15%
I don't work. I'm retired, in school, rich, chronically unemployed, and/or have a sugar daddy/mama. 13 10.00%
I have no idea if I'm satisfied or not. Ever since Corporate Lobotomy Day last July, I've just come in and worked. 5 3.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How's your job satisfaction?
Rain Man 12:30 PM 03-20-2018
Poll coming as soon as I get my red stapler back.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:25 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
It would be supervising three women in my office who absolutely despise me, as well as the other 4 employees in our office. I would also be going from hourly to salary....so I'd lose out on any overtime that I worked. If it's the same as last time....the salary bump only works out to like $6-$7 extra per hour.

I've got three weeks to decide if I want to apply for it.
So you will be over a total of 7 people who despise you 3 of whom are women ?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:30 PM 03-20-2018

With views like this. I’m never disgruntled with my job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:36 PM 03-20-2018
Generally pleased like a Malaysian airliner, switched to a job closer to me that actually pays slightly less

But I'm actually coming out ahead as I only have to spend about $40 a month in gas getting there and back, as opposed to $40 a week

More money in my pocket, 3 minute commute to work, and less stress when I get there... things are definitely looking up
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:57 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by :
My job is not necessarily my raison d'etre, but it's not like they make me speak French or anything.
:-)

Generally pleased. The past couple jobs have moved me further from my wheelhouse, but it's all worked out nicely overall.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:59 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Easy6:
3 minute commute to work, and less stress when I get there... things are definitely looking up
After YEARS of driving an average of 45 minutes one way (that’s if traffic was in my favor), I now commute 9 minutes each way. It’s changed my life. Two weeks on a tank of gas. More time at home and/or in the garden/patio.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:13 PM 03-20-2018
This is a tough week. 8th grade, before spring break, people getting laid off or displaced.

Overall, ok. Kids are kids. Golden handcuffs at work.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:28 PM 03-20-2018
Since getting my HIM degree after leaving the army it's been great. A year after graduation I ended up in a Director role, and love my new facilty.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:33 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
After YEARS of driving an average of 45 minutes one way (that’s if traffic was in my favor), I now commute 9 minutes each way. It’s changed my life. Two weeks on a tank of gas. More time at home and/or in the garden/patio.
It makes such a huge difference doesnt it...

When it takes more time to shit, shower, shave and gulp down some coffee than it does to actually get to work... thats all win

To be honest, even if I wasnt quite coming out ahead on this deal... I'd still be a happier person, and thats worth money all by itself
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:38 PM 03-20-2018
What I do is interesting, I'm treated well and like most of the people I deal with regularly....last summer I got paid to pee in the Bering sea. Hard to top that where I live.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:48 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
What I do is interesting, I'm treated well and like most of the people I deal with regularly....last summer I got paid to pee in the Bering sea. Hard to top that where I live.
Care to share?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:08 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Plus, you can fire the women that don't like you.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:11 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
I hate my job and hate whatever it was that I did that led me to where I am in life. I feel stuck where I’m at, hating what I am doing, but making more money than what I did using my BA’s....but hate what I do and the type of people I’m around. It’s making me bitter.

Most BA degrees are a straight up scam.

Sorry to be a downer....just being honest.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:12 PM 03-20-2018
Option 2.

Being Peebag and Coopers bitch-slapping pimp has brought fullness to my life.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:19 PM 03-20-2018
Generally pleased, which is down from exuberance, when I near the beginning of my career in my early twenties.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:23 PM 03-20-2018
I am at the soldiering on point. I retired for a couple of years and got bored so I took a temp part time government job that would only last for six months. During that time the dept. I worked for had a opening for a full time position, I was asked by the dept. Director to apply and I thought what the hell. It's not too terrible of a job but no raises and it seems they just keep adding to the work load of our dept. But it does have a good pension that in 5 years and 2 months I can take that pension and head back to retirement. I could go right now but no way in hell will I give up that pension money!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up