ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Selling a Fortnite Account
NewChief 08:26 AM 04-03-2019
Okay,

My 11 year old has come up with a scheme to merge he and a bunch of his friends' accounts to make a "super account" with a ton of skins and then sell it online then divide the profits.

1) I'm impressed with his entrepreneurial spirit, especially because his reasoning is that Fortnite popularity will wane soon, and they should sell while their accounts still have value.

2) I'm worried about repercussions if something goes wrong with the transaction. I have no idea on the reliability of payment and such with selling of accounts.

3) Are these things actually worth anything?

I have a feeling this thread is going to go all kinds of sideways and I'm in for a painful ride, but any advice would be appreciated. :lol:
[Reply]
Urc Burry 04:40 PM 04-04-2019
Really the only way you’re going to make back what you put into it is if you have the early released stuff. Needs to be the very first battle pass, and OG skull trooper
[Reply]
Pablo 05:27 PM 04-04-2019
Back in my day we didn't sell videogames!! We sold weed and we liked it.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:08 PM 04-04-2019
Years ago, when Everquest was still popular, I used to buy and sell accounts all the time. It was for sure something that would get your account banned if it was found out.

It was actually quite a profitable side gig, especially when macroquest and ghost killing were still virtually unknown.

I cant remember the website I used to use, but I do know that ebay started to remove game accounts that were put up for sale.
[Reply]
007 12:18 AM 04-05-2019
TEll you one thing. I am sick of hearing about vbucks from my youngest boy. NO NO NO NO NO
[Reply]
TerryStepney 01:52 AM 04-05-2019
Your son is creative young businessman!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:15 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
TEll you one thing. I am sick of hearing about vbucks from my youngest boy. NO NO NO NO NO
You should buy this account :P
[Reply]
Otter 07:33 AM 04-05-2019
I've never played Fortnite and probably never will but this post piqued my interest from back in my MMO gaming days. Here's the first site I ran across in a search and it's looking more like the ceiling is about $300-$350 dollars.

I can somewhat understand paying money for abilities and gear to bypass the grind but why people are willing to pay cash for skins or costume is out of my wheelhouse.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:37 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I've never played Fortnite and probably never will but this post piqued my interest from back in my MMO gaming days. Here's the first site I ran across in a search and it's looking more like the ceiling is about $300-$350 dollars.

I can somewhat understand paying money for abilities and gear to bypass the grind but why people give a shit about skins or costume is out of my wheelhouse.
I'm with you. It's a new generation thing. Just like, back in my day, we all went crazy over different color Chuck Taylors or Swatch Watches or whatever. and it would become a social phenom. these kids go crazy over the cosmetics for their ingame avatars. Fortnite is the first video game that really captured my kid's attention because of the social aspect and because it served as an extension of their social lives at school (and he's super social). It drives me absolutely batty, and I've tried to limit how much my kid has spent on it, especially because I remember our first conversation was "Okay.. 10 bucks.. but that's it." Needless to say, he's now spent way more of his money than that on freaking VBucks. It doesn't help whenever he has super rich friends whose parents have spent upwards of $1000 on skins for their kids.

Anyway, it looks like his fortnite fascination is moving on to other things, now, and I couldn't be happier. He's decided not to do the skin sell, because he's worried about getting his friends involved and them not getting the pay off. In good news, he's going to spend the night with a friend tonight and not even taking his Switch, because he doesn't want to be on Fortnite the whole time.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:43 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I'm with you. It's a new generation thing. Just like, back in my day, we all went crazy over different color Chuck Taylors or Swatch Watches or whatever. and it would become a social phenom. these kids go crazy over the cosmetics for their ingame avatars. Fortnite is the first video game that really captured my kid's attention because of the social aspect and because it served as an extension of their social lives at school (and he's super social). It drives me absolutely batty, and I've tried to limit how much my kid has spent on it, especially because I remember our first conversation was "Okay.. 10 bucks.. but that's it." Needless to say, he's now spent way more of his money than that on freaking VBucks. It doesn't help whenever he has super rich friends whose parents have spent upwards of $1000 on skins for their kids.

Anyway, it looks like his fortnite fascination is moving on to other things, now, and I couldn't be happier. He's decided not to do the skin sell, because he's worried about getting his friends involved and them not getting the pay off. In good news, he's going to spend the night with a friend tonight and not even taking his Switch, because he doesn't want to be on Fortnite the whole time.
It's probably not the answer you were looking for but if he had just bought the Save the World part for $40 bucks you can get free vbucks by doing daily missions. Many Battle Royale players do this so they never have to spend a dime on the skins portion of the game. I never played the BR part but I love the PVE save the world part it's one of the coolest new concepts gaming has seen in a long time.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:49 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:

[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:51 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
It doesn't help whenever he has super rich friends whose parents have spent upwards of $1000 on skins for their kids.

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:17 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:

Lol Right, My son traded, bargained etc with none of my money to get what he wanted then he moved on from those type of games. Never will understand the barbie dressup portion of vanity stuff for videogames.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:00 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
what? even in the 80's i sold video games if i came across some! lol. and this isnt selling a video game, its selling an account! game is free to play!
[Reply]
threebag 01:13 PM 04-05-2019
He’s in the wrong skin game. Have them get a few girls from school with low self esteem and daddy issues. Arrange “dates” for cash and have him take some cash off the top the rest to take care of his girls.
[Reply]
Buck 06:11 PM 04-05-2019
https://www.playerauctions.com/fortnite-account/

Here's a bunch of people selling their accounts. I don't know if the price they're selling for is the actual "value" or not, but this is what people are listing them for.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up