ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Selling a Fortnite Account
NewChief 08:26 AM 04-03-2019
Okay,

My 11 year old has come up with a scheme to merge he and a bunch of his friends' accounts to make a "super account" with a ton of skins and then sell it online then divide the profits.

1) I'm impressed with his entrepreneurial spirit, especially because his reasoning is that Fortnite popularity will wane soon, and they should sell while their accounts still have value.

2) I'm worried about repercussions if something goes wrong with the transaction. I have no idea on the reliability of payment and such with selling of accounts.

3) Are these things actually worth anything?

I have a feeling this thread is going to go all kinds of sideways and I'm in for a painful ride, but any advice would be appreciated. :lol:
[Reply]
Fish 08:46 AM 04-03-2019
That's funny. Gotta give him some props for creativity. I say as long as they're not putting themselves in a bad position with the payment part, then let it ride. It would be a good experience. No clue about the feasibility of selling a Fortnite account. That game looks straight stupid.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:56 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's funny. Gotta give him some props for creativity. I say as long as they're not putting themselves in a bad position with the payment part, then let it ride. It would be a good experience. No clue about the feasibility of selling a Fortnite account. That game looks straight stupid.
He claims he saw an account sell for 10,000 on eBay, which seems unlikely. But... some people are stupid and have lots of money.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:13 AM 04-03-2019
people buy and sell accounts for all different types of games even mobile games. If he has the right skins he will absolutely get a pretty good amount of money for it. Im not sure about 10k amount but who knows what someone would be willing to pay.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:27 AM 04-03-2019
He didn't come up with a 'scheme' to merge them, it's public information on the Fortnite/Epic website. People merge accounts from different platforms and sell all the time on ebay.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:31 AM 04-03-2019
Sounds better than a recent middle-schooler scheme I heard recently.

Kid was tech savvy and trolled (the dark web, presumably) for pedophiles. Would then obtain incriminating info and blackmail them. Apparently made tens of thousands this way.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:42 AM 04-03-2019
That kid is a fucking genius. He should have released all the info at the end of his scam, though.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:12 PM 04-03-2019
Is it legal to sell your Fortnite account?
1 Answer
Kevin Chen
Kevin Chen, works at GameStop
Answered Sep 27 2018

It is against the Terms of Service of Epic Games as stated here:

"You may only access the Services through your own account. Users do not own their accounts, and gifting or otherwise transferring of accounts or access keys is prohibited."

You could potentially get your account banned or face legal action.

Just be careful if you do, lots of scammers on both sides out there.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 07:03 PM 04-03-2019
First of all, he's not getting that much for an account even with every skin/emote/glider/back bling in the game.

Second, I would be very worried about the repercussions because the accounts aren't even the property of the users....so you cannot sell, buy or transfer them. It is against Fortnite's TOS.

Yes they are worth money, maybe even a grand if you have rare skins etc that are no longer available.

Ask him if never being able to play the game again is worth maybe a thousand bucks, a possible lawsuit and a lifetime ban from Epic.

Last, the fact you called his idea a "scheme" in your very first sentence should tip you off to the fact that it is unethical....and lacks integrity.

To add a little more, I really don't think Fortnite is waning as much as your son thinks it is. Popular streamers and Twitch viewership numbers backs this up.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:53 AM 04-04-2019
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/a...rge/en-US/home

Easy to merge accounts. It's against terms of service, so the buyer & seller are risking getting banned either way.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:41 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
First of all, he's not getting that much for an account even with every skin/emote/glider/back bling in the game.

Second, I would be very worried about the repercussions because the accounts aren't even the property of the users....so you cannot sell, buy or transfer them. It is against Fortnite's TOS.

Yes they are worth money, maybe even a grand if you have rare skins etc that are no longer available.

Ask him if never being able to play the game again is worth maybe a thousand bucks, a possible lawsuit and a lifetime ban from Epic.

Last, the fact you called his idea a "scheme" in your very first sentence should tip you off to the fact that it is unethical....and lacks integrity.

To add a little more, I really don't think Fortnite is waning as much as your son thinks it is. Popular streamers and Twitch viewership numbers backs this up.
I have a hard time seeing “unethical” and “lacks integrity”. Other than violating the TOS which is a misdemeanor when it comes to ethics and integrity at most, I see no transgression here. What am I missing?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:53 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I have a hard time seeing “unethical” and “lacks integrity”. Other than violating the TOS which is a misdemeanor when it comes to ethics and integrity at most, I see no transgression here. What am I missing?
I personally don't see anything wrong with it however Epic has taken a strong stance against hackers and account sellers and they hardline ban people for that. Once you clear that hurdle you face the enormous amount of scammers and those that will reverse charges on something like this and leave you with no money and no account. Just a fair warning to those trying to do this, best bet would be to sell the account to a friend.

The real problem arises from not being able to transfer the accounts EMAIL address, without that it's hard to sell the accounts believing you won't get scammed.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:53 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It's actually a crime to violate the TOS? I had no idea.

On a (perhaps) different note, I remember reading years ago about companies in India and Africa who would play games up to a certain level and then turn it over to the kid to achieve the final glory. I found that hilarious. I think it was some games where you had to start at Level 1 again if you got killed, and kids would pay to not have to repeat it over and over. I wonder if that's against the TOS.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:57 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's actually a crime to violate the TOS? I had no idea.

On a (perhaps) different note, I remember reading years ago about companies in India and Africa who would play games up to a certain level and then turn it over to the kid to achieve the final glory. I found that hilarious. I think it was some games where you had to start at Level 1 again if you got killed, and kids would pay to not have to repeat it over and over. I wonder if that's against the TOS.
Nah, I was using “misdemeanor” to mean a minor rather than significant ethical violation if it’s an ethical violation at all.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:49 PM 04-04-2019
People been doing this since they let you merge accounts! If you go into any fortnites twitter, you see people all the time trying to sell accounts! SOme are scams, some arent, and yes, they are worth money to people.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up