ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Modem/Wireless Router
RockChalk 07:46 AM 03-28-2019
Wife and I are moving into a larger house in a few weeks (currently live in a wide open ranch style house, one floor) and I want to get us set up with a good cable modem and wireless router for a house with 3 levels.

Do any of you have good recommendations for equipment and how to best set that up in our house? I can handle the technical set up up the equipment, so I'm moreso looking for modem and router options.

Thanks
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:20 AM 03-29-2019
So there are alot of factors to consider. Do you live in a high density area? What is the speed you are getting from ISP?

If you are looking for a all in one, I Trust ARRIS Surfboard's. Great price and signal range.
[Reply]
007 11:30 PM 07-06-2019
It would be so nice to have a router that lasted more than 14 months
[Reply]
007 08:50 AM 07-07-2019
Going to try one of these. If this one isn't any good I'll move up to Google mesh.

3PK NOVA MW3 Whole Home MESH WiFi SYST https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFQGP1K..._0zGiDbYYS9K4K
[Reply]
kepp 02:37 PM 08-04-2021
Bumping this to get some fresh takes on mesh wifi. I've got a couple dead spots and want to move to a mesh solution. Anyone have a favorite?
[Reply]
Sorce 04:02 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by kepp:
Bumping this to get some fresh takes on mesh wifi. I've got a couple dead spots and want to move to a mesh solution. Anyone have a favorite?
I have the google wifi, I think rebranded nest. Doesn't offer the advanced features of some but does a good job.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:36 PM 08-04-2021
I have the ASUS - ZenWiFi AX Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System and it works great.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:23 AM 08-05-2021
I've really had great luck with my Amplifi setup.

https://www.amplifi.com/

I've been considering getting the WIFI6 setup, but my older generation one works well enough I haven't jumped to it yet.

I've had mine for just over 3 years, and aside from occasionally reseting the mesh point, no issues.

We live in a 2,600 sqft ranch built in 1954.

ETA: I have the AmplifiHD.
[Reply]
kepp 08:13 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I have the google wifi, I think rebranded nest. Doesn't offer the advanced features of some but does a good job.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I've really had great luck with my Amplifi setup.

https://www.amplifi.com/

I've been considering getting the WIFI6 setup, but my older generation one works well enough I haven't jumped to it yet.

I've had mine for just over 3 years, and aside from occasionally reseting the mesh point, no issues.

We live in a 2,600 sqft ranch built in 1954.

ETA: I have the AmplifiHD.
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'll look into those.
[Reply]
kepp 08:20 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I currently have an ASUS wifi router so I'm checking this one out first. What model do you have?
[Reply]
vailpass 08:37 AM 08-05-2021
I currently have an ASUS wifi router so I'm checking this one out first. What model do you have?
XT8

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-ze...?skuId=6400912
[Reply]
Valiant 01:03 PM 08-05-2021
And why are routers so damn expensive now? I have a feeling there will be a class action coming like LCD. I got almost a thousand back on that one.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:57 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
And why are routers so damn expensive now? I have a feeling there will be a class action coming like LCD. I got almost a thousand back on that one.
They come in all price ranges. I did a fair amount of research before purchasing mine. I wanted WiFi 6, mimo tech, mesh, and a friendly interface. It costs more but has been very much worth it to me.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:46 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I'd blame it on the shortage of chips, but the AmplifiHD doubled in price from what I paid for it long before that issue came up.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up