ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Google's Stadia...Thoughts?
Setsuna 09:48 AM 03-22-2019
So I'm going to leave this here. Don't really know how I feel about this. Maybe a push to be the first option in the next 10 years? Idk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...a_from_google/
[Reply]
SuperChief 10:13 AM 03-22-2019
There are already established players in this space - I assume Google is coming in to refine and provide an alternative via their dedicated servers. Interesting. The tech still has a way to go to be both relevant and consistent. Exciting nonetheless!
[Reply]
Jerm 10:36 AM 03-22-2019
Trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist...

The infrastructure isn't there for it...way too soon.

I don't buy a lot of what they were saying.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 03-22-2019
I'm already sick of hearing about it.

The game sites are evidently getting paid by Google to hype it because they're talking about it EVERYWHERE.

And of course on social media, those articles are immediately followed by 1000's of posts complaining about bandwidth caps and Comcast.
[Reply]
Fish 12:08 PM 03-22-2019
Can I play Minecraft on my SmartFridge?
[Reply]
vailpass 12:12 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:45 PM 03-22-2019
The idea is cool, but I'm highly skeptical it'll be a nice, fluid experience. Guess we'll see.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:20 PM 03-22-2019
So, in the grand scheme of things, do you think the whole "streaming video games" thing is the way we're headed? Some seem to be sold on the idea that it's the new wave, thanks to burgeoning technology. Thoughts?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:28 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
So, in the grand scheme of things, do you think the whole "streaming video games" thing is the way we're headed? Some seem to be sold on the idea that it's the new wave, thanks to burgeoning technology. Thoughts?
Seems logical. People thought Netflix was crazy for abandoning discs and going full speed into streaming video. I don't see any major reason why video games wouldn't go the same route.

It's a question of "when" rather than "if" to me.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:41 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
You joking here? Nobody buys hard copy games anymore.
[Reply]
007 04:06 PM 03-22-2019
This means 100,,% of your games rely on an internet connection. No thanks.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:13 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
This means 100,,% of your games rely on an internet connection. No thanks.
As opposed to hard media that get's scratched and worn out?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:28 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You joking here? Nobody buys hard copy games anymore.
I do. In fact, I ONLY buy hard copy games. I've been burned by DRM and I prefer to be able to play my games when I want, not when the publisher decides I can.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:29 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
As opposed to hard media that get's scratched and worn out?
Or digital downloads that get disabled because companies changed hands and don't want to honor your purchase anymore?

I've never had an issue with physical media. If it gets worn out, I buy a new one at GameStop and it comes with a guarantee. I can always just take it back, which you can't do with a digital download.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up