ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Media Center>Behind the Curve: Netflix Flat-Earther Doc
Pitt Gorilla 09:39 PM 02-28-2019
It digs into the flat-earth community and gives the viewer a taste of conspiracy theory nutjobs.

I thought it was really interesting, if for no other reason than the inside look at conspiracy theorists. Anyone else watch it?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's that famous liberal tolerance and compassion. So Hitler-esque.
Rivaldo is a trip. Most of the time he's all music and chick flicks, but them BAM he goes into full on masked Antifa riot mode.

I guess it just depends on whatever drugs he's doing at the time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Rivaldo is a trip. Most of the time he's all music and chick flicks, but them BAM he goes into full on masked Antifa riot mode.

I guess it just depends on whatever drugs he's doing at the time.
I'd bet big money I'm more environmentally responsible than he is.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 09:46 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's that famous liberal tolerance and compassion. So Hitler-esque.
Nice to see you respond to my argument
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:52 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I lasted 54 minutes.

Holy. Shit. It's like Alex Jones has bred by cellular mitosis.

I think I'm going just going to try to forget that I ever saw this thread.

These people make my craziest ex look sane.
This is perfectly said.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:39 AM 03-26-2019
Finally got around to watching this.

It was fascinating to know how BlackOp lives.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:02 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
Nice to see you respond to my argument
Since when is "kill yourselves" an argument requiring a response?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:16 PM 03-26-2019
I don't know if "climate change" is any more real than "global warming" but I am pretty sure we're going to industrialize ourselves to extinction if we don't stop poisoning the air, land and water. It's pretty much a matter of when at this point. Course the earth will be fine again eventually. We just won't be here to fuck anything else up.

That's an aside though. This whole thing about ignoring science because you don't want to believe what it tells you - I'm back to flat earth here, although the statement can be applied to so much more - is one of the weirdest things going on post millennium. It's like there's been a massive effort to, I dunno, de-educate everyone, maybe. Turn us all into morons who just nod whenever we hear what we want, follow the crowd on whatever side we're on. The amount of confirmation bias flooding the airwaves and internet on a daily basis is staggering. Intelligence and critical thinking is dying by a thousand cuts.

And no, stuff like flat earth is not critical thinking. I mean, I love a good conspiracy as much as anybody. But come on.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:33 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't know if "climate change" is any more real than "global warming" but I am pretty sure we're going to industrialize ourselves to extinction if we don't stop poisoning the air, land and water. It's pretty much a matter of when at this point. Course the earth will be fine again eventually. We just won't be here to **** anything else up.

That's an aside though. This whole thing about ignoring science because you don't want to believe what it tells you - I'm back to flat earth here, although the statement can be applied to so much more - is one of the weirdest things going on post millennium. It's like there's been a massive effort to, I dunno, de-educate everyone, maybe. Turn us all into morons who just nod whenever we hear what we want, follow the crowd on whatever side we're on. The amount of confirmation bias flooding the airwaves and internet on a daily basis is staggering. Intelligence and critical thinking is dying by a thousand cuts.

And no, stuff like flat earth is not critical thinking. I mean, I love a good conspiracy as much as anybody. But come on.
It really is bizarre.
[Reply]
Sully 07:23 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, there were a bunch of good subtle jabs like that.

I want to see a full documentary about the weirdo that was bouncing the golf ball with the sledgehammers. That guy was one interesting nut.
The "Start" button at the Houston Space Center had soda shooting out of my nose.

Also, Newchief... I cant let you get away with calling the older redhead the "hot" one and not argue that girl girl from Caltech (Hannalore Gerling Dunsmore) was the true hot girl in the movie.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up