ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>The Dirt - Motley Crue Netflix movie
Coochie liquor 01:44 PM 02-19-2019
This looks pretty bad ass. Not sure how they’re gonna fit it all in a movie but I’m in.

[Reply]
Stryker 07:10 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
How I felt as well. Hard to get a decade of debauchery into 1 hr 45 min. Overall I really enjoyed it!
This. I am a Crue fan and yes I read the book. No you cannot put that book in an 1hr and 45 min movie. I was entertained and glad I watched.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:48 PM 03-24-2019
I liked it. I went in with low expectations. I read the book when it first came out and I thought they put the best parts of the book into the movie. A lot of the scenes of Nickie Sixx’s heroin paranoia were from the heroin diaries.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:30 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Stryker:
This. I am a Crue fan and yes I read the book. No you cannot put that book in an 1hr and 45 min movie. I was entertained and glad I watched.
Same here. Huge Crue fan and thought the movie could have been MUCH longer. I was hoping to see more of the process of making a record like Feelgood, but they skipped right over that. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:33 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I don’t like the idea of Tommy Lee being played by some dipshit rapper.
I still don't get this. He was great as Lee. I never bought Bolton as Mars, though, as his face was much too full. Mick was an alien/skeleton as far back as I can recall.
[Reply]
underEJ 03:35 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I still don't get this. He was great as Lee. I never bought Bolton as Mars, though, as his face was much too full. Mick was an alien/skeleton as far back as I can recall.
I am not a Motley Crue fan, so I don't have vivid memories of their looks, but I thought they all did pretty well. And I saw an interview with Tommy Lee when he talked about the casting process and that they all felt really strongly that the actor who played Mars should really be able to play guitar very well. That does lower the bar on physical similarities out of necessity.

My general memories of hair metal are not positive, and for the most part they still come off as a bunch of idiots to me, but I still enjoyed the personal stories and what seemed like a whole lot of refreshing honesty and taking responsibility for the shit in their lives.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:37 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I just get sick of rappers and hip hop artists being shoehorned into everything.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:00 AM 03-26-2019
I dunno whether to :-) or feel sorry for the guy.

[Reply]
loochy 09:06 AM 03-26-2019
:-)

Child Nikki: Who's this guy?
Mother: He's another man in my life that you will drive away...just like you did to your father!
Child Nikki: I was two years old you bitch.

:-)
[Reply]
Sully 09:27 AM 03-26-2019
I just get sick of rappers and hip hop artists being shoehorned into everything.
That guy has been in a bunch of things, and as much as his rap may or may not suck, he always comes across as very likeable in the things I have seen him act in (Was great on Roadies).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:32 AM 03-26-2019
I watched it last night and enjoyed it for the most part. The last 30 minutes or so got kinda cheesy, the acting fell off and it started to drag imo. Overall it was a fun movie with of course, an awesome sound track.
[Reply]
Sully 09:44 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I watched it last night and enjoyed it for the most part. The last 30 minutes or so got kinda cheesy, the acting fell off and it started to drag imo. Overall it was a fun movie with of course, an awesome sound track.
Agreed.
It's a cheese movie. There are some folks who are upset that it tries to make some bad characters seem sympathetic, but I disagree. It's just q popcorn flick about some 80s clowns doing 80s clown shit. I wish there was more to it, because it is a fun ride, but you're right... it fizzled.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 03-26-2019
Like what?
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:17 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
That guy has been in a bunch of things, and as much as his rap may or may not suck, he always comes across as very likeable in the things I have seen him act in (Was great on Roadies).

Only thing I ever seen him in was Birdbox, and like the movie he was terrible.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:05 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

He's been like that for years. Worse than David Lee Roth.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:08 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

Yikes.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up