ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:26 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I like a transition of power with my superheroes, and I find when they get their powers and they automatically know how to use them perfectly with a snap of the fingers as too much of a stretch for me.

Spoiler!
Seems pretty standard for anyone who gets their powers from an infinity stone in this universe.
[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 03-26-2019
She could already do that stuff though, because she had been training with the Kree on it. She just didn't know the extent of her powers until then? Maybe?
[Reply]
FAX 03:49 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
She could already do that stuff though, because she had been training with the Kree on it. She just didn't know the extent of her powers until then? Maybe?
She thought she had to have the thingy in order to glow.

This is common among womenfolk.

FAX
[Reply]
Rausch 07:17 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Seems pretty standard for anyone who gets their powers from an infinity stone in this universe.
Pretty standard Mary Sue character arc: woman is awesome, becomes more awesome, realizes only thing that ever heald her back was patriarchy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:28 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Pretty standard Mary Sue character arc: woman is awesome, becomes more awesome, realizes only thing that ever heald her back was patriarchy.
She was just a hotshot pilot prior to the gifting of her powers. Is there that big a difference between her origin and that of Hal Jordan or the Human Torch?

It had been six years since the Tesseract gave her superpowers. She had obviously been training the whole time, despite being taught to hold back. Not much different than Superman.

She's definitely a cocky douche. That's a character flaw not unlike Thor and Tony Stark.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:14 PM 03-26-2019
She was just a hotshot pilot prior to the gifting of her powers. Is there that big a difference between her origin and that of Hal Jordan or the Human Torch?

It had been six years since the Tesseract gave her superpowers. She had obviously been training the whole time, despite being taught to hold back. Not much different than Superman.

She's definitely a cocky douche. That's a character flaw not unlike Thor and Tony Stark.
Honestly she started off as atoken female replacement to mar-vel.

They tried to give her some depth with the most bizarre rape story ever.

I thought she was most interesting when she had to share a body with Rogue. She usually would come out when rogue would get knocked out or just didn’t want to deal with whatever was going on. Back then she was still heroic and not a conceited femi-nazi. She was a mature but tragic figure.
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:51 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Honestly she started off as atoken female replacement to mar-vel.

They tried to give her some depth with the most bizarre rape story ever.

I thought she was most interesting when she had to share a body with Rogue. She usually would come out when rogue would get knocked out or just didn’t want to deal with whatever was going on. Back then she was still heroic and not a conceited femi-nazi. She was a mature but tragic figure.
You can't say rape in 2019 sir. Sorry.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:57 PM 03-27-2019

But she’s got a vagina. We are tired of them wanting to be treated as equals. Now it’s in our comics and movies?

/way too many on CP
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:45 PM 03-27-2019
horrible story/plot

even worse acting
[Reply]
RustShack 08:00 PM 03-27-2019
I had no plans to see it but decided I should since she will be in End Game. It was better than I expected. It was also my first time with D-Box seating which was also more intense than I expected. I liked that it was set back in the 90’s, and was a good prequel to the rest.
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:22 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
horrible story/plot

even worse acting

[Reply]
Sorry 07:03 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
horrible story/plot

even worse acting
nah that's just bad analysis there lol. You could argue it could've been more in depth but didn't really need to
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:02 AM 03-31-2019
Finally saw it. I saw it with the wife, and then my buddy wanted to see it so I watched it again later.

It could have been a hell of a lot better. My main issue with it is Larson's performance. In most of her scenes she seemed like she was just really annoyed to be there, rather than emoting much at all. It was fairly awful.

The rest of the movie I thought was decent. Jackson was great. Clark Gregg was pretty fucking cool. Jude Law was good. The Maria character was good. Writing was OK. Pacing was fine. The action was meh, but OK.

The thing about Larson was notable though. Initially, I thought maybe that was intentional, her subduing herself because emotions are warriors enemies. But even then, Jude Law's character had much more charisma, and he's full on Kree warrior who should have no emotion.

My wife thought that's her human personality, but the flashbacks and pictures showed that she was very outgoing and boisterous. I think that's off base. She also postulated that she was just an asshole as a human. But that can still be charismatic characters, See: Stark, Tony.

I am HOPING it was a director issue, because she was fairly endearing in some of her interactions with Fury. So I'm thinking (hoping) whatever they were going for just missed and the Russos can unfuck it. I'm not optomistic because the trailer stuff I've seen with her is roughly the same.

It's just frustrating, because even if she's supposed to be emotionless, those can still be charismatic, compelling characters. I mean, Jude Law did it in the very same movie. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in TV histories.

I just found myself not giving half a fuck about her other than knowing through standard tropes that she was supposed to be the hero. This is troublesome because she is supposed to be the Stark-esque leader moving forward. This is problematic because it is pretty much the diametric opposite of Downey's Stark in terms of charisma. I mean, hell, the kid that was supposed to be young Carol was more charismatic than Larson's Carol.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:43 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Finally saw it. I saw it with the wife, and then my buddy wanted to see it so I watched it again later.

It could have been a hell of a lot better. My main issue with it is Larson's performance. In most of her scenes she seemed like she was just really annoyed to be there, rather than emoting much at all. It was fairly awful.

The rest of the movie I thought was decent. Jackson was great. Clark Gregg was pretty fucking cool. Jude Law was good. The Maria character was good. Writing was OK. Pacing was fine. The action was meh, but OK.

The thing about Larson was notable though. Initially, I thought maybe that was intentional, her subduing herself because emotions are warriors enemies. But even then, Jude Law's character had much more charisma, and he's full on Kree warrior who should have no emotion.

My wife thought that's her human personality, but the flashbacks and pictures showed that she was very outgoing and boisterous. I think that's off base. She also postulated that she was just an asshole as a human. But that can still be charismatic characters, See: Stark, Tony.

I am HOPING it was a director issue, because she was fairly endearing in some of her interactions with Fury. So I'm thinking (hoping) whatever they were going for just missed and the Russos can unfuck it. I'm not optomistic because the trailer stuff I've seen with her is roughly the same.

It's just frustrating, because even if she's supposed to be emotionless, those can still be charismatic, compelling characters. I mean, Jude Law did it in the very same movie. Spock is one of the most compelling characters in TV histories.

I just found myself not giving half a fuck about her other than knowing through standard tropes that she was supposed to be the hero. This is troublesome because she is supposed to be the Stark-esque leader moving forward. This is problematic because it is pretty much the diametric opposite of Downey's Stark in terms of charisma. I mean, hell, the kid that was supposed to be young Carol was more charismatic than Larson's Carol.

I like Brie Larson alot as an actress. But i agree with you here. I think she was miscast.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:36 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 49 of 57
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up