ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Setsuna 03:13 PM 03-25-2019
My best friend wanted to see it so I saw it with him. Had low expectations for it. It was very good. But it wasn't a memorable movie. Thor comparisons are sound. I liked Thor 1 too and proceeded to forget everything about it an hour after I left the theater. But there was a little black girl and her parents sitting next to us and she seemed like she had a blast, so I think this movie did what Larson intended it to do. That's pretty cool.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:24 PM 03-25-2019
Yeah the film has a lot more in it if you're a girl or a woman.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 03:31 PM 03-25-2019
There was a little girl probably around age 8 wearing a Captain Marvel costume when I went. That was pretty cute.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:36 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There was a little girl probably around age 8 wearing a Captain Marvel costume when I went. That was pretty cute.
My 8 year old daughter is a big Captain Marvel fan now. And it's funny because she generally doesn't like any of the female superheros like Wonder Woman or Black Widow.

Her favorite characters before this movie were Starlord and Rocket.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:52 PM 03-25-2019
Is it possible we just missed Brie Larson's performance because we don't have two X chromosomes?

I agree with the folks that called it wooden, but women and girls have generally adored it.

I don't know if that's because her gender makes her the easiest superhero for them to identify with, or because maybe there's a lot more womanhood to that performance than we as males can recognize.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:57 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Is it possible we just missed Brie Larson's performance because we don't have two X chromosomes?

I agree with the folks that called it wooden, but women and girls have generally adored it.

I don't know if that's because her gender makes her the easiest superhero for them to identify with, or because maybe there's a lot more womanhood to that performance than we as males can recognize.
My wife didn't like the movie at all, though that was more about the script and character development than about Larson's performance. :-)
[Reply]
Sorry 04:31 PM 03-25-2019
I stand by it being one of the better origin films. It's Ant-man level.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:00 PM 03-25-2019
I must be a horse of a different color because I really liked the movie. Went to see it with some buddies and we pretty much had the theater to ourselves.

Not sure why some give it a "meh " rating but to each their own. I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 07:13 PM 03-25-2019
I think she played the part well. She had this sarcastic personality about her that I can 100% relate to. And she reacted to that biker dude exactly how that type of person would. The movie was hilarious to me. I laughed about every 5 minutes, it was great.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:47 PM 03-25-2019
It was entertaining.

I only watched it because I wanted to be prepared for Endgame, but I wasn’t upset having spent money on tickets.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:59 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I stand by it being one of the better origin films. It's Ant-man level.
Nah, a half step below Ant-Man. Though I do need to watch Cap Marvel again to get a better read on it. My son 13, and daughter 9 both really enjoyed it. Will likely buy when available.
[Reply]
FAX 08:28 AM 03-26-2019
I support Marvel's cinematic effortisms.

I have criticisms and it's clear that not all of their movies are spectacularly awesome, but some are. And the totality of their accomplishment is fascinating. So I want them to continue to succeed so they will continue on ... and, hopefully, even improve.

That's basically why I support every single movie they make. Even if I don't love each individual film, I'll contribute my ticket money with a willing heart.

FAX
[Reply]
Sully 09:56 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I support Marvel's cinematic effortisms.

I have criticisms and it's clear that not all of their movies are spectacularly awesome, but some are. And the totality of their accomplishment is fascinating. So I want them to continue to succeed so they will continue on ... and, hopefully, even improve.

That's basically why I support every single movie they make. Even if I don't love each individual film, I'll contribute my ticket money with a willing heart.

FAX
Perfect

There have been some dogs in the MCU, but the overall story has been a fantastic achievement that, imo, eclipses anything else ever done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:38 AM 03-26-2019
My wife and our female roommate loved it. They went in with rock-bottom expectations after seeing the 31% user rating on RT (I didn't really delve into what was driving those scores before we saw it).

I think now we can all agree that a score at that level was pretty ridiculous.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:08 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
My wife and our female roommate loved it. They went in with rock-bottom expectations after seeing the 31% user rating on RT (I didn't really delve into what was driving those scores before we saw it).

I think now we can all agree that a score at that level was pretty ridiculous.
Wife and female roommate? Go on...
[Reply]
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up