ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:29 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
"The public" is a pretty broad statement here. All the Marvel fans I associate with in real life are really excited about it. :-)
Yep. I don't know any one personally that won't see it other than that dgaf about cb movies
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:35 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Yep. I don't know any one personally that won't see it other than that dgaf about cb movies
Congrats on not personally knowing any incels.

Tis a shame there a few of them on this website though.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:39 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Congrats on not personally knowing any incels.

Tis a shame there a few of them on this website though.
Loon talking about itself is the definition of irony.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:48 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Cool. I'm glad somebody else actually saw it. I mentioned it in the movie thread and didn't get a single reply.
I saw it Super Bowl Sunday, part of my boycott of that entire shitshow. I thought the movie was fantastic. Even my wife liked it.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:49 AM 02-25-2019
"The public" is a pretty broad statement here. All the Marvel fans I associate with in real life are really excited about it. :-)
Same here.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:58 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Loon talking about itself is the definition of irony.
Look at this dumbass trying to use an insult he doesn't know the definition for.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:49 PM 02-25-2019
Again, Marvel has just nailed it so far with their movies. Their MCU is approaching old school Star Wars level of fandom and interest, and they've earned my not giving a damn about whatever quasi-political message people think they may be trying to send, even if the star of the movie is trying really hard to push that angle.

They've got the benefit of the doubt with at least me. If it sucks, or if Brie Larson ends up ruining it, I won't support this particular film again. It's that simple.
[Reply]
007 05:32 AM 02-26-2019
Guess it got review bombed by users on Rotten Tomatoes. Thats funny.
[Reply]
JD10367 06:19 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And put aside the movie being good or bad: I don't think I've ever witnessed the public's desire to see a movie fall this much due to the star without them committing a crime.

Bris Larson is single handedly circumcising the profit right off this flick...
The only people complaining about Larson's politics are the same swinging dicks who are mad that CM is a woman, or that she doesn't smile, or that her costume isn't skimpy enough. Marvel clearly DGAF about those people's opinions or else they wouldn't have gone in this direction to begin with. They clearly think that for every one misogynist who boycotts the film, two women will show up.

This movie will do great or crappy depending upon how good a film it is, nothing more, nothing less. What, you don't think racists skipped "Black Panther"? That film seemed to do okay. You don't think sexists skipped "Wonder Woman"? Ditto. On the other hand, the SJW issues didn't hurt the new SW films; the fact that both TFA and TLJ sucked donkey balls did.
[Reply]
FAX 06:51 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Guess it got review bombed by users on Rotten Tomatoes. Thats funny.
And about 30 people have "screened" the movie.

Captain Marvel has proven that ESP and Directed Astral Projection is prevalent in the nerd class. That's some superhero level stuff, right there.

FAX
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:53 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
The only people complaining about Larson's politics are the same swinging dicks who are mad that CM is a woman, or that she doesn't smile, or that her costume isn't skimpy enough. Marvel clearly DGAF about those people's opinions or else they wouldn't have gone in this direction to begin with. They clearly think that for every one misogynist who boycotts the film, two women will show up.

This movie will do great or crappy depending upon how good a film it is, nothing more, nothing less. What, you don't think racists skipped "Black Panther"? That film seemed to do okay. You don't think sexists skipped "Wonder Woman"? Ditto. On the other hand, the SJW issues didn't hurt the new SW films; the fact that both TFA and TLJ sucked donkey balls did.

[Reply]
Fish 10:17 AM 02-26-2019
LOL... Rotten Tomatoes has now disabled user reviews for all new releases, because of the negativity toward Captain Marvel.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:24 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL... Rotten Tomatoes has now disabled user reviews for all new releases, because of the negativity toward Captain Marvel.
I've always thought it was weird they allowed early reviews in the first place.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:32 AM 02-26-2019
I'm not iffy on the movie because of her comments in the media or the fact that she's a female superhero. I'm iffy on the movie because every trailer I've seen so far has been the definition of meh. I don't even think that Samuel L Jackson looks good in these trailers. It's just weird.

I'll probably see it because my oldest twin daughter wants to see it but it might just wait until I can rent it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:04 PM 02-26-2019
I just think shes a VERY horrible actress....almost as bad as Megan Fox
[Reply]
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up