ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Hellboy reboot
The Franchise 01:42 PM 01-12-2018
Didn't see this anywhere. Supposed to be released in 2019. Directed by Neil Marshall (The Descent), and David Harbour (Stranger Things) is going to be Hellboy. Dude is getting jacked for this movie too.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/h...st-photos-more

Originally Posted by :
David Harbour (Stranger Things) has been cast as Hellboy.

Joining Harbour on screen will be Deadwood and American Gods star Ian McShane (via THR) as Professor Broom, the scientist who adopts the young Hellboy.

Milla Jovovich will play the main villain, the Blood Queen, reports Deadline. The character seems to be based on Nimue, a.k.a. "Queen of Blood" and "Lady of the Lake," who first appeared in the Hellboy comic books in 2008’s “The Wild Hunt” storyline, depicted as a powerful witch who lived during the time of King Arthur who betrayed her ally Merlin, reaping a reign of terror. However, threatened by her volatility, other witches came together to stop her, cutting her body into pieces and hiding the segments around the world to prevent her reconstitution. Flash forward to the present day and some demonic meddling eventually fulfills that calamity, making the evil Blood Queen Hellboy’s problem.

[Reply]
Fish 10:45 PM 04-10-2019
Yikes.... that sucks...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:42 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Sandwiched in-between Shazam and Endgame + plus getting destroyed by critics ? This is going to bomb so fucking hard . I am still pretty baffled that the studio thought this would be a good idea to reboot . Its not like Hellboy was some phenomenal box office hit either . It was more of a cult hit.
Yep. The cast looked solid too. Heard there was a lot of behind the scenes drama between the producers and director too.

13% on RT on 64 reviews. Total turd
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:43 AM 04-11-2019
Son of a bitch. Looks like I'm waiting until it comes out on DVD and then I'll rent it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:07 AM 04-11-2019
I'm just one of those guys that never gave a flying fuck about this franchise and will still continue doing so.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:39 PM 04-11-2019
'Hellboy' Reboot's Fiery Shoot: Fights Over David Harbour, Cinematographer https://www.thewrap.com/hellboy-davi...Rc9gO4.twitter
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:42 AM 04-12-2019
That sucks. I'll wait for it to be available on a streaming service I already use/pay for.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:17 PM 04-12-2019
Perlman isn’t Hellboy? WTF are they making it then?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:57 PM 04-12-2019
I bought tickets when they came out and just got back from seeing the movie. This was not a good movie. Not even a fun, dumb, summer movie it was just a bad movie.

The script was bad, I mean Johnny Socko and His Flying Robot bad. I read that someone said it was like a 15 year old wrote the script, that's being generous. The effects were hit and miss with more misses than hits.

The acting was meh. Ian McShane was just there for a paycheck, David Harbour was weak, and Milla Jovovich....well let's just say Milla's best acting days are way past her.

Do not waste money on this movie. Don't rent it, don't buy it, just wait until it's on HBO or Showtime....or SYFY.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:06 PM 04-13-2019
Wow, that bad huh? Well, sorry you had to sit through it, but appreciate the advanced warning.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:06 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Wow, that bad huh? Well, sorry you had to sit through it, but appreciate the advanced warning.
Honestly my wife and I were really looking forward to this movie. Loved the cast and excited to see what an R rated Hellboy would be like. But alas, too many factors working against the film.

Nice breakdown on why Hellboy failed below.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:20 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I bought tickets when they came out and just got back from seeing the movie. This was not a good movie. Not even a fun, dumb, summer movie it was just a bad movie.

The script was bad, I mean Johnny Socko and His Flying Robot bad. I read that someone said it was like a 15 year old wrote the script, that's being generous. The effects were hit and miss with more misses than hits.

The acting was meh. Ian McShane was just there for a paycheck, David Harbour was weak, and Milla Jovovich....well let's just say Milla's best acting days are way past her.

Do not waste money on this movie. Don't rent it, don't buy it, just wait until it's on HBO or Showtime....or SYFY.
Really sucks they completely dropped the ball on this.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:52 AM 04-18-2019
I tried to watch this movie. Couldn't do it. It's garbage. It's a badly done copy of a poorly designed sand castle made from dog shit.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up