ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 386
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:44 PM 08-07-2017
This season started off pretty slow. I'm glad things are finally starting to (puts on sunglasses) heat up.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:46 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
That was pretty much awesome. All that work for literal seconds worth of shot time. Amazing.

Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
This season started off pretty slow. I'm glad things are finally starting to (puts on sunglasses) heat up.

[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:18 AM 08-08-2017
Also, this...
Attached: JzObu6n.jpg (73.6 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
With the Stark family getting the party back together, has it occurred to anyone else that this ended up being a brilliantly-cloaked, pretty standard trope fantasy?

A bunch of young kids lose their parents. They go out into the world, get split up by the bad guys, gain a bunch of crazy new skills, and end up saving the world.

Not complaining. It's actually kind of impressive.
But when did all that start to happen?

Once they ran out of source material from Martin.

Sure, the TV series may well be a standard trope fantasy, and hell maybe the book ends up the same way (the original title of book 7 - "A Time for Wolves" - suggests that it very well may).

But when it takes 5+ books to start to get anywhere near that kind of routine, I'd say it's fairly difficult to call it 'brilliantly cloaked' rather than simply a different animal entirely that comes to a similar resolution.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 10:17 AM 08-08-2017
No one else sees the bottle neck of "Targaryan Rulers"? Correct me if I'm wrong.... picture Bran telling Jon in front of "mother of dragons" he is a MALE Targaryan.... then Bran turns his head to Tyrion..... oldest male Targaryan.....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 08-08-2017
Tyrion as a Targaryan would be shitty fan service, IMO. Too late in the game, nowhere near enough support for it. Just some red meat tossed to rabid fans to get them all squealing.

You want GOT to be just another fantasy series? Make yet another damn Targaryan. We're stocked up at 2, fellas.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:28 AM 08-08-2017
Yeah.....no way they bring in Tyrion as a Targaryan. It makes zero sense at this point in time.

And DJ....you know damn well they're going to give the Nights King a dragon. They aren't going to pass up that "oh shit" moment with the audience.
[Reply]
Fish 10:29 AM 08-08-2017
I'd bet half my wealth that the Night King gets a dragon eventually. It's simply too juicy of a plot device...
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:42 AM 08-08-2017
Hopefully it will have a beefy arm
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:43 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Is that a strongbad reference?

If so....WOW. It's been awhile since Trogdor the Burninator has graced my computer screen.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:45 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I guess you could make it even...or give yourself the advantage by feeding your army.

Either way, the producers spent a lot of money to show us Danny making a stupid move.
Maybe it was a simple as trying to kill and burn without hitting the lines directly since her dothraki were mixed into the lannister lines at that point and she would have killed a lot of her own men. So to spread terror and death to lannisters the wagons were easy targets.
[Reply]
Fish 10:54 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Burninating the countryside!! Burninating the peasants!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Burninating the countryside!! Burninating the peasants!!!
"Burninating all the people, in their THATCH ROOFED COTTAGEEEEEES!!!!!!"

Friggen loved me some Strongbad. He was the source of many a fantasy team name during my college years.

SBNation did a retrospective on the website not terribly long ago.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:02 AM 08-08-2017
yeah fuckin last october I watched a Halloween episode it had me cracking up.
[Reply]
RustShack 11:02 AM 08-08-2017
Tyrion could have the blood, but he's not a true Targaryen like Danny and(likely) Jon.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 386
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up