ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 386
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
RustShack 04:56 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Let's see what they've lost for the stupid plot of capturing a zombie to show to cunt Queen.

1. Several good men
2. A dragon (FUCK!)
3. My enjoyment of the show without rolling my eyes

Not to mention they get a fucking ship to send everyone home after the dragons made the flight in no time. Let's put the Queen of everything on a boat with a huge fleet of the enemy around instead of flying her back on a dragon! I noticed the no horse thing and my wife wanted to choke me because I ruin shows for her by pointing out the obvious.

Come on. I want to love this shit, but man, it's getting dumb.
Probably the ship everyone minus Danny took to get there in the first place, and I highly doubt Euron attacks it with two giant fucking dragons swooping around it. Clearly she wanted to be with Jon.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:57 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
D&D have earned their share of criticism (please God, let the decision-making this season be to set up GRRM's fantastic conclusion), but I feel a lion's share of the blame falls on GRRM's shoulders.

I think it's pretty evident that D&D are racing toward a pre-set conclusion established by Martin, but weren't given a clear road-map on how to get there. Welp, when you have an author who proclaimed as late as Season ****ing 3 that he had zero worries that the show would catch him, these are the types of propulsive, narrative leaps that D&D are going to take after devoting over a decade of their lives to this project.

I am very hopeful that this recent hack of HBO causes some juicy drama fueled e-mails from HBO execs to be released about GRRM's pacing. GRRM didn't owe it to anyone to finish the books, but Beyond the Wall is the obvious casualty of Martin's inability to meet a ****ing deadline.
Agreed, but honestly, you can't really expect much more from D&D or HBO IMO. They've got contracts with actors who have publicly stated they are done with the show. They've got GRRM who keeps moving the goalposts on how to end the story, and likely has some contractual control still over it. They're probably trying to fit 4 or 5 more seasons into 1 (albeit stretched over two years).

I too would love to see some of those communications between HBO and GRRM.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:00 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:

Come on. I want to love this shit, but man, it's getting dumb.
That last episode was pretty bad...not quite Walking Dead bad...but pretty close.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That last episode was pretty bad...not quite Walking Dead bad...but pretty close.

Spoiler!
They were there for at least a day. They all woke up to the Wights surrounding them. A throwaway line about how they're running out of supplies would have done them quite a bit of good.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:13 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, that wouldn't have happened. Martin promised when signing off the show to HBO in 07 that the series would be completed by 2011. The man can't keep a deadline.

Unless you mandated that GRRM turn it over to Sanderson if he missed a deadline (which GRRM would have never agreed to), we would not have seen the series (now predicted to be 8 books) completed on this side of 2020 (2030?)
Sanderson on reddit said he'd never finish ASOIAF for Martin.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:16 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Would you rather have seemingly bulletproof characters over the last seen episodes, fleshed out new characters to replace killed ones, or one or two main characters supported by faceless redshirts?
I would rather have one bad mother fucker who just wins.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:18 PM 08-22-2017
The Nerd Soup review of the most recent episode made a good point about the writing. All these long journeys that are occurring at warp speed would have contained multiple chapters of the journey in the books from perhaps different sources.

Those chapters may not have been critical to the overall end game but they were critical to the depth and character development that makes the show so immersive. If chapters like those existed now the show could at least have some reference for how the characters would interact or perhaps if there was some good dialogue or situations that could be included and shown on the show. But instead, without any of this source information they were used to, they elect to skip all of these subtle moments all together and only focus on meeting certain plot requirements and it is really causing them to create too many plot holes.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:19 PM 08-22-2017
Jesus Christ there are some cry babies in this thread
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:25 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Sanderson on reddit said he'd never finish ASOIAF for Martin.
And there you go. It's why it's likely up to GRRM as to whether the book series ever reaches a finish line.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:29 PM 08-22-2017
The not bringing horses thing north of the wall doesn't really bother me. The terrain can be assumed to not be favorable to horses and they would just be more mouths to feed. After all the wildlings never had horses did they? I assume because it's just too mountainous and lacking vegetation and that doesn't favor horses very well.

That said, a simple meeting about planning the quest could have included a few lines about bringing or not bringing horses and the reasons they elected not to. Another example of moving too fast and not taking care to create a logical story.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:52 PM 08-22-2017
You guys are just completely nitpicking now it's getting outrageous
[Reply]
RustShack 06:01 PM 08-22-2017
I get a kick out of people who watch something just to find something to complain about.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:10 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Spoiler!
You mean the hole in the ice that the Night King or Wights could have refrozen solid with a gesture?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:13 PM 08-22-2017
Benjen's horse seemed to do just fine north of the Wall
[Reply]
vailpass 06:15 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Benjen's horse seemed to do just fine north of the Wall
And every ranger sent out from the night's watch was on horseback.
But yeah.
Run Gendry, run.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 386
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Up