ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 64
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
banecat 03:04 PM 06-30-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How the hell did Iron Man3 make 1.2 billion?
Highly anticipated, and maybe China likes it
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:31 PM 06-30-2018
My take is this, if you are going to make a character LGBT, just come out and admit it in the movie. Don't require fans to read additional material. Right now, they hide it in articles and stories. They want to appear progressive without sacrificing the box office. Beauty and the Beast did it, so did Thor: Ragnorak etc.
[Reply]
JD10367 05:33 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I dont think customers are sitting at home saying "Man I wish more gay people were in movies." Hollywood may be trying to force that down people's throats (and they are, you can't watch a TV sitcom now without having the alpha male/father in just about every show is a bumbling idiot while they promote homosexuality in front of your kids), but I certainly do not believe people are asking for it.
I see what you did there...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:09 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Highly anticipated, and maybe China likes it
3 China focused movies have made $500 million this year so far. $1.5 billion+. Maybe $7 million total for all 3 in the USA.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:12 AM 07-01-2018
Who was gay in beauty and the beast
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:38 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Apparently Gaston's sidekick dude. LaFeu or something..?

I'm trying to figure out who was supposed to be gay in Ragnarok..
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:41 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think this is where there's a disconnect. You can't turn somebody gay or straight or bi or any of the other multitude of sexual identities by 'promoting' sexuality in any way on screen. People are what they are. It's that simple, and the agenda, if it has to be said there is one, is to get society to the point where people are okay with that, and can accept each other for who we are. And I think it's less about having more gay people depicted, but making a few of the bigger characters something other than straight. And then not quickly killing them off, which is something that's happened with lesbian characters in particular over and over. And It's about having having characters who don't fit the traditional race/gender/sex binary who can eventualky grow to be more than just identified as 'that gay one'. You know, a competent hero who just happens to like different things than me (straight white dude). Where being different becomes less important than being the hero. That doesn't really happen much now in media and it's NOT in any way representative of the real world, where, 2% of the pop gay or not, a lot of important people are not straight...
Agreed.

And, IMO, anyone who says they don't have a problem with gay people but complains about gay people being in a TV shows is a fucking liar.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:55 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

the Valkyrie.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:56 AM 07-01-2018
Some of the diversity pushing is as retarded as making Wonderwoman, Black Panther, and Apache Chief old white guys.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:20 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
LeFou. They leaked the news early. There was a huge uproar about it. Then the movie is released and, at most, you had him dancing with a guy for a split second.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:32 AM 07-01-2018
Agreed.

And, IMO, anyone who says they don't have a problem with gay people but complains about gay people being in a TV shows is a ****ing liar.
Don't really care about a characters sexual orientation unless it is one of two things:

1) Their main characterization is their sexual orientation.
2) Their orientation is brought up out of the blue for no story reason again and again.
[Reply]
banecat 02:40 PM 07-01-2018

Hela. I remember seeing a headline several months ago stating that Cate Blanchett played the role as a lesbian
[Reply]
banecat 02:43 PM 07-01-2018
Agreed.

And, IMO, anyone who says they don't have a problem with gay people but complains about gay people being in a TV shows is a ****ing liar.
Well I don't have any issue with them. They seem to have an issue with me
[Reply]
Jamie 06:01 PM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While giving Disney even more power is a bit unsettling, I am curious to see if they ever try to bring the X-Men or Deadpool into the MCU somehow. I can't really picture how it would work well, but those guys get paid a lot more than I do.
Full reboot, it has to be. Honestly with the deal moving so much more quickly than anyone anticipated, I'm not sure Dark Phoenix and New Mutants even come out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:39 PM 08-01-2018

Don't want to watch? Basically Hulk didn't do shit in the movie because he's tired of being used by Banner to solve issues and then put away.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 64
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 > Last »
Up