ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 64
« First < 6465253545556 57585960 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
banecat 11:05 PM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Your sexist trolling aside, she clearly means not enough minorities or women. Clearly. She specifically mentioned race and gender.

That's a problem that affects more than Brie Larson; it affects more than half the people looking to get into her industry: people who are not white males.

You're simply upset that she's pointing it out, for whatever reason, but probably sexism.
Hate. Just general hate. Who cares? It's an elitist industry. It needs to have proper ratios now? She needs to take herself to her safe space and stay in there.

And the sexual references are due to her being hot. Like you wouldn't wanna see her filled out like an application. And with her bitching her appearance seems to be all that she has to offer
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 06-26-2018
http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-wome...ge-mcu-roster/

Originally Posted by :
“Eventually I think we’re going to reach a time where it’s not just… listen, it would be amazing to see all of our female characters the way we have seen … most, never all male, but primarily male. I think we’re getting to the point soon where we have so many great female characters that those are just our heroes as opposed to when are they all female, all male. It’s just the Marvel heroes, more than half of which will be women.”

[Reply]
BigRichard 09:22 AM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-wome...ge-mcu-roster/
As long as they do it without making an issue of it and try and force it down our throats they will be fine. Of course the movies actually have to be good too. If they haven't learned from other movies mistakes they will **** themselves.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:44 AM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Everyone I know that see's these movies don't read comics. That is a niche that is mostly white dudes.
Every niche is mostly white dudes.

We live in a 66% white country. Comics have traditionally been more popular with men.

So any time you dislike something about anything, you can blame white men. How convenient for bigots.

Some white men recognize this pattern and speak out against the blatant demagoguery.

What monsters. How dare they defend themselves against unsubstantiated accusations and racial demagoguing!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:50 AM 06-26-2018
Your sexist trolling aside, she clearly means not enough minorities or women. Clearly. She specifically mentioned race and gender.

That's a problem that affects more than Brie Larson; it affects more than half the people looking to get into her industry: people who are not white males.

You're simply upset that she's pointing it out, for whatever reason, but probably sexism.
Social justice activism, purity testing, and the non stop pushing of school marm lectures inside comics is killing the industry.

They'd have gone out of business already if the films weren't propping them up. Japanese comics sell more in america than our own comics because they don't have these political issues and gate keeping communities ****ing it up and trolling fans on twitter. The market is there, but social justice retards in the industry are handing their sales over to Japan while telling their own fans they don't want their bigoted business anyway.

It's ****ing amazing. It's just another thing the radical left infiltrated, destroyed, and then accused the customers of being bigots for not buying their trash.

So those bigots just buy things made by the japanese. Because bigotry and hatred of minorities and women and whatever excuse failures make to point the finger at others. Manga is KILLING Marvel and DC because their product sucks, not because 'white males r so biggited!" Oddly enough not many of those Manga feature white straight male protagonists. It's almost like the narrative is a lie.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:15 AM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Social justice activism, purity testing, and the non stop pushing of school marm lectures inside comics is killing the industry.

They'd have gone out of business already if the films weren't propping them up. Japanese comics sell more in america than our own comics because they don't have these political issues and gate keeping communities ****ing it up and trolling fans on twitter. The market is there, but social justice retards in the industry are handing their sales over to Japan while telling their own fans they don't want their bigoted business anyway.

It's ****ing amazing. It's just another thing the radical left infiltrated, destroyed, and then accused the customers of being bigots for not buying their trash.

So those bigots just buy things made by the japanese. Because bigotry and hatred of minorities and women and whatever excuse failures make to point the finger at others. Manga is KILLING Marvel and DC because their product sucks, not because 'white males r so biggited!" Oddly enough not many of those Manga feature white straight male protagonists. It's almost like the narrative is a lie.
Great post.

Rageaholic has a fantastic rant about the comic industry (I may have posted it in here at some point). Look it up and get a good chuckle out of it if you have the time.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:24 PM 06-26-2018

Once again I'd like to point out it's a valid point in Hollywood. Hell, the biggest film producer in the world is just now being brought up on charges for every type of sexual misdeed in the book. I don't it's a stretch to say the ladies didn't get a fair shake in the film business.

The comix industry however is a different beast. It was taken over by radical wing-nuts who thought equal wasn't equal enough...
[Reply]
Rausch 01:37 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Great post.

Rageaholic has a fantastic rant about the comic industry (I may have posted it in here at some point). Look it up and get a good chuckle out of it if you have the time.
NSFW

Perfect example...

[Reply]
Rausch 01:40 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

They'd have gone out of business already if the films weren't propping them up.
Marvel doesn't get the MCU money. Marvel comics are losing their ass. For years now. They don't sell 1/5th of what they did 10 years ago.

Marvel comics hasn't gone out of business because Disney owns them and they're pushing what Disney wants them to.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:51 PM 06-26-2018
Women dont really have the obligation in society to entertain men unless its via selling sex.

I dont think Ive ever thought to myself..."man i need to see movie xyz because (enter actress name here) was starring in it." :-)

Theres no such thing as a "funny" female comedian.

Some females are great singers in the music biz, but sex sells first in todays music industry before anything else, at least in mainstream radio pop culture.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:58 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Women dont really have the obligation in society to entertain men unless its via selling sex.

I dont think Ive ever thought to myself..."man i need to see movie xyz because (enter actress name here) was starring in it." :-)
I certainly give a flick more of a look when it's starring Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, or Natalie Portman. I'm not saying I'd go to every film they're in or anything, but that's not true of my favorite actors like Benedict Cumberbatch, Gary Oldman, or Tom Hanks either.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:59 PM 06-26-2018

Some females are great singers in the music biz, but sex sells first in todays music industry before anything else, at least in mainstream radio pop culture.
What?
[Reply]
banecat 02:06 PM 06-26-2018

Some seem to be under the impression that this can all be changed. Maybe, but not anytime if the near future
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:23 PM 06-26-2018

What?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:35 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
What?
Can you not fucking read?
[Reply]
Page 56 of 64
« First < 6465253545556 57585960 > Last »
Up