ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 45
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>-- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here...
Simply Red 10:45 PM 10-08-2016
I'll start with a few.

-The Invitation 2015 - Karyn Kusama

- Dead End 2003 - Fabrice Canepa / Jean-Baptiste Andrea

- They Look Like People - 2015 - Perry Blackshear

I'll add more as we go along here, I have a gazillion to mention - I'd like for some of you to wow me.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:03 AM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
On a scale from Lords of Salem to House of 1000 corpses where would you rate it?
Not as polished as House of 1000 corpses. Not as memorable as Devil's Rejects. I can barely remember Lords of Salem. Not his best work, but it's still a Rob Zombie movie. If you're a fan of his work you'll probably like this film.

This movie was his most lewd. This was clearly aimed to be a shock-horror film and not much else. Example: One of the clowns tells a joke, "What's sicker than ****ing a pregnant woman? ****ing the baby afterwards!"

The overall story is very cliche and been done before. It had some good humor in it, lots of gore. It had a couple of interesting characters and several that were just throw aways...as if they were made simply to fill air time. There were times where i felt like Zombie was trying to channel his inner Tarantino with the dialogue....

Overall i enjoyed it, but you should know what to expect.
[Reply]
SAGA45 03:19 PM 10-25-2016
We Are Still Are Here is a good nostalgic nod to some late 70's /early 80's horror flicks...similar to It Follows but a different story. I really enjoyed this one.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
it's not out yet.
The description on HBO said it was the Abrams remake :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:23 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
We Are Still Are Here is a good nostalgic nod some late 70's /early 80's horror flicks...similar to It Follows but a different story. I really enjoyed this one.
SyFy on demand has that available right now, think I'll check it out tonight

"A house in New England that comes alive every 30 years" or something like that
[Reply]
frankotank 07:29 AM 10-26-2016
I'm digging this Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon Trailer
I tried watching it last night. I REALLY tried...but had to give up after 50 minutes or so.

so then I went and checked out 13 sins. AWESOME movie! just great. I just love that gal from True Blood...so yummy. and the way they wrapped it up at the end was pretty damn cool.

I'm very....critical of horror movies. they're far and away my favorite...and MOST are far and away just horrible. it's always a breath of fresh air to hit on one that's actually GOOD.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:49 AM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The description on HBO said it was the Abrams remake :-)
oh dang - hmm, I'll look for it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:51 AM 10-26-2016
this is supposedly VERY good - watching it tonight!

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:52 AM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I tried watching it last night. I REALLY tried...but had to give up after 50 minutes or so.

so then I went and checked out 13 sins. AWESOME movie! just great. I just love that gal from True Blood...so yummy. and the way they wrapped it up at the end was pretty damn cool.

I'm very....critical of horror movies. they're far and away my favorite...and MOST are far and away just horrible. it's always a breath of fresh air to hit on one that's actually GOOD.

Spoiler!
I never finished it - I watched Intruder from 1989 last night - it's sort of funny, actually - worth the watch
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:01 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
We Are Still Are Here is a good nostalgic nod to some late 70's /early 80's horror flicks...similar to It Follows but a different story. I really enjoyed this one.
This was much better than expected... the older I get the more I appreciate horror movies with adults and not a bunch of teenagers like most scary movies tend to center around

The ending left me a bit puzzled for sure, but otherwise it was very well done

oh dang - hmm, I'll look for it.
The more I think about it, the more I realize how trashed I was that night and might've mistaken the HBO description... it probably said something like "see the original before the Abrams remake" or something like like that

It had been so long since I watched the original that I prolly wouldnt know the difference :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:14 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This was much better than expected... the older I get the more I appreciate horror movies with adults and not a bunch of teenagers like most scary movies tend to center around

The ending left me a bit puzzled for sure, but otherwise it was very well done

The more I think about it, the more I realize how trashed I was that night and might've mistaken the HBO description... it probably said something like "see the original before the Abrams remake" or something like like that

It had been so long since I watched the original that I prolly wouldnt know the difference :-)
That's fine - the information out there on the remake is very ambiguous.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:21 PM 10-26-2016

let us know....I'm thinking....well....WHO said it was good?? :-)
I mean...it could be...but that trailer....hahahaha....I dunno...I be doubtful.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:45 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
let us know....I'm thinking....well....WHO said it was good?? :-)
I mean...it could be...but that trailer....hahahaha....I dunno...I be doubtful.
it was made in '13 - that's the whole idea. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:46 PM 10-26-2016
avail on Amazon 10/23

Abrams Phantasm -

Since its release in 1979, director Don Coscarelli‘s epic tale of The Tall Man, his deadly silver Sentinel Spheres, and the group of small town friends who must band together to stop his dimension-hopping schemes has captivated and terrified horror and sci-fi fans around the world. An immediate success, bringing in 40 times its production budget, the film has influenced generations of filmmakers. Thirty-seven years later, PHANTASM has been finally restored to its original glory by J.J. Abrams‘ Bad Robot and Coscarelli, with a stunning new remaster and 5.1 surround sound mix from the original elements that ensures Phantasm will be around to scare the hell out of generations to come.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:01 PM 10-26-2016

Looks a bit similar to Ghostwatch (1992).

I watched We Are Still Here (2015) last night. It's ok. Could have been really good, but there are a couple of weak spots in the script - particularly the ambiguous ending, and many of the scenes involving Monte Markham's character. Still worth the watch.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:16 PM 10-26-2016
avail on Amazon 10/23

Abrams Phantasm -

Since its release in 1979, director Don Coscarelli‘s epic tale of The Tall Man, his deadly silver Sentinel Spheres, and the group of small town friends who must band together to stop his dimension-hopping schemes has captivated and terrified horror and sci-fi fans around the world. An immediate success, bringing in 40 times its production budget, the film has influenced generations of filmmakers. Thirty-seven years later, PHANTASM has been finally restored to its original glory by J.J. Abrams‘ Bad Robot and Coscarelli, with a stunning new remaster and 5.1 surround sound mix from the original elements that ensures Phantasm will be around to scare the hell out of generations to come.
I'd be curious to understand what exactly JJ did to the old movie to update it without reshooting the whole thing. Did he change the effects or something? I bet Dane my know. Little more about it, but I don't think he comes in this thread.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 45
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up