ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>The New Top Gear UK
pr_capone 06:44 PM 06-07-2016
Watching the season premier now... and good God it is awful. Chris Evans is trying entirely too hard to hard to be Jeremy without Clarkson's charm.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:58 PM 12-02-2016
that was amazing. :-)

when he was putting his "Enzo" through it's paces, it was a spot on representation of Top Gear.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:09 PM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Dayze:
that was amazing. :-)

when he was putting his "Enzo" through it's paces, it was a spot on representation of Top Gear.
What our Italian compatriots may know as . . . quattro formaggio!!
[Reply]
unlurking 06:44 PM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If you can't get enough, and have lingering affection for Chris Harris and Top Gear

Awesome, thanks! Chris was the only good thing about the new Top Gear, and that segment was awesome.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:44 PM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Could they just put a 4-banger and some regular old struts under that thing and charge us $70K for it?

Because Christ alive, that thing is stunning. Just drop that chassis on an old Chevy Cavalier and I will pay dearly for it anyway.

Nobody makes a prettier car than Aston Martin and it's been that way for as long as they've been around. Beautiful, beautiful cars.
Totally agree.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:48 PM 12-02-2016
While it lasts

Sidenote - Hammond drives a BRC special. :-)
[Reply]
unlurking 08:08 PM 12-02-2016
Another fun episode. I'm so glad they're back.

Somehow I missed Jeremy's choice of footwear for Conversation Street in the previous episodes.
[Reply]
Miles 01:54 AM 12-03-2016
Haven't watched it yet but hopeful this week was better than last. Thought the Live Die Repeat style segment that made up most of the show last week was awful.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:49 PM 12-03-2016
Originally Posted by Miles:
Haven't watched it yet but hopeful this week was better than last. Thought the Live Die Repeat style segment that made up most of the show last week was awful.
While I understand the criticism from TG fans [as one], I'm somewhat at sea regarding assessing the criticism as a show [re]building its brand.

I watched the 2nd episode at Thanksgiving at much insistence, in the midst of an audience who'd never heard of TG and had no interest whatsoever in cars.

While I found the banter retread and slightly lazy, they found the hijinx boisterous and hilarious. They murmured that they'd have to remember to check it out later.

And I have to admit, their enjoyment made the episode more enjoyable for me as well.

Kind of reminds me of the dynamic when a rabid fan of a band hates it when they 'make the big' time and everyone loves their music. The fan isn't coming from the same perspective. They've versed themselves in established charms and are looking for growth, while new fans are enjoying those initial charms anew.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:27 PM 12-03-2016
Floodgates, released.

http://jalopnik.com/you-can-now-stre...-on-1789627435
[Reply]
unlurking 06:58 PM 12-03-2016
My weekend just filled up.
[Reply]
Silock 02:15 AM 12-04-2016
Originally Posted by Miles:
It was TERRIBLE.

Ep 3 was awesome, though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 PM 12-04-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Awesome, thanks! Chris was the only good thing about the new Top Gear, and that segment was awesome.
Rory Reid was good as well.

LeBlanc, Reid and Harris would be worth watching. They found 3 very personable guys there with enough difference in their personalities but enough common ground that you could get a nice mesh there.

No more Sabine and no more Eddie Jordan. Both of those folks were almost as bad as Evans.
[Reply]
Miles 01:29 AM 12-05-2016
Nice rebound with episode 3. The 4K HDR video was pretty incredible with all of the scenery from Italy.
[Reply]
Miles 01:33 AM 12-05-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Rory Reid was good as well.

LeBlanc, Reid and Harris would be worth watching. They found 3 very personable guys there with enough difference in their personalities but enough common ground that you could get a nice mesh there.

No more Sabine and no more Eddie Jordan. Both of those folks were almost as bad as Evans.
Agreed. If they use that trio for next season I will defiantly look forward to watching.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:37 AM 12-09-2016
What's not to like? Matt, good. . . Hoonagin, good. . . . EXTENDED FOOTAGE. . . .Gooooood.

[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up