ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 173
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:00 PM 03-16-2016
Okay, the chemo pills are weird. They make me feel a bit queasy pretty much all day long. For a split second at times, I feel like I am going to throw up, but I end up sneezing and it goes away. At least my rash is clearing up finally. My body is not feeling drained and weak like it was on the chemo IV bags, so that is a big plus.

I am gearing up for my trip and got some wild, fantastic news from Denmark. My cousin who is the CEO of a HUGE company called EnergiDanmark and has become very wealthy off of wind energy just bought a huge farm with a nice "house" on the property that has a name: Rosvang. It's not a castle, but looks like a little one. He has many farm buildings and at least 800 pigs. Man, could that keep me in bacon for my whole trip or what? I attached a photo of his new home and I will be visiting there, too, and I am very pumped to see it and the farm. I am in awe of my cousin and very proud of him. Three years ago, he said his company had a 2.4 billion dollar (not kroner, but dollar!) turnover. Yeah, he is making some serious money, hence the digs suitable for a viscount.
Attached: rosvang.jpg (32.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Strongside 04:02 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Okay, the chemo pills are weird. They make me feel a bit queasy pretty much all day long. For a split second at times, I feel like I am going to throw up, but I end up sneezing and it goes away. At least my rash is clearing up finally. My body is not feeling drained and weak like it was on the chemo IV bags, so that is a big plus.

I am gearing up for my trip and got some wild, fantastic news from Denmark. My cousin who is the CEO of a HUGE company called EnergiDanmark and has become very wealthy off of wind energy just bought a huge farm with a nice "house" on the property that has a name: Rosvang. It's not a castle, but looks like a little one. He has many farm buildings and at least 800 pigs. Man, could that keep me in bacon for my whole trip or what? I attached a photo of his new home and I will be visiting there, too, and I am very pumped to see it and the farm. I am in awe of my cousin and very proud of him. Three years ago, he said his company had a 2.4 billion dollar (not kroner, but dollar!) turnover. Yeah, he is making some serious money, hence the digs suitable for a viscount.
Nice! You're going to have an awesome time!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:11 PM 03-16-2016

Extremely pleased to hear about the somewhat lesser side effects of this round of chemo, bro

Cant wait to see some interior pictures of "Skyfall" :-)
[Reply]
scho63 06:55 PM 03-16-2016
I am gearing up for my trip and got some wild, fantastic news from Denmark. My cousin who is the CEO of a HUGE company called EnergiDanmark and has become very wealthy off of wind energy just bought a huge farm with a nice "house" on the property that has a name: Rosvang. It's not a castle, but looks like a little one.
Was that built with Lego's? :-)
[Reply]
58-4ever 06:57 PM 03-16-2016
That house is incredible. And yes, he won't notice if some "bacon" goes missing. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 06:58 PM 03-16-2016
Ed,

Is Irish bacon like American bacon, Canadian bacon, or something different entirely?

Have fun on your trip!
[Reply]
Toby Waller 07:06 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Ed,

Is Irish bacon like American bacon, Canadian bacon, or something different entirely?

Have fun on your trip!
the pigs are drunk :-)
[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 03-16-2016
Ed that is quite the digs to shack up in! Does it come with wenches ?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:21 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Ed,

Have fun on your trip!
I have no idea about Irish bacon, never had any yet. I do know that Danish bacon is much better than ours because they don't just let the pigs gorge themselves on slop. They "starve-feed" the pigs, meaning they feed them a bit, let them go until they get very hungry, feed them a bit, and repeat. It produces a long, lean pig and I kid you not, the ratio of fat to meat on Danish bacon is just about the inverse of typical American bacon. My cousins have come over here and seen ours in the stores and can't believe it is even for sale.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:23 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ed that is quite the digs to shack up in! Does it come with wenches ?
My cousin does have a new girlfriend, so I guess it comes with one wench. Now if that were MY manor house, ohhhh yes, it would come with wenches in very low cut, tight cinched tops. No tattoos or implants allowed! Ah, to dream...
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:32 AM 03-17-2016
Holy shit. If he wants me to come run his farm, I'm game.

Glad to hear the chemo is not quite so viscous.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:52 AM 03-18-2016
I go in on Tuesday for a doc visit and blood draw. They will be checking my blood counts to see if I need a transfusion or not. I am thinking I won't, since my body is feeling stronger than it has in months and I am not plagued with side effects, at least so far. I think my neuropathy is easing up a little, too. My fingertips don't feel like someone is pinching them so much and my feet are feeling slightly less like my socks are full of sand. I have been getting swollen ankles and parts of the top of my feet, though. I need to remember to ask if I can have grapefruit again, since most of my meds and the chemo stuff make it off limits. When it gets warmer out, I just love a cold glass of grapefruit juice. Over in Denmark, they have very good grapefruit sodas, too.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:05 PM 03-18-2016
Hang tough Lone, you're still in my prayers.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:24 PM 03-20-2016
What a rough night I had... I am not sure if it is related, but after having two whole shot glasses of beer, I started to feel terrible. I finished the chemo pills the day before. My joints began to ache, starting in my hips and shoulders. Eventually, even my ankles and wrists hurt, but my right wrist felt like I had almost sprained it. I had a headache and chills and felt very queasy, too. Sleep was fitful and I woke up at 4:15 am feeling like I might throw up and feeling parched as well. So, I got up and had a big glass of water with two Tylenol pm tablets to try to make my headache better and allow me to sleep.

I slept for 5 hours after that and feel better than I did last night, but I am far from 100%, or whatever 100% is for me these days. I think it will be best if I forgo any more beer until I land in Denmark on April 26th. I will have been off the chemo pills for a bit over 2 weeks by then, so that stuff will be well out of my system then.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:46 PM 03-20-2016
Still keeping you in my prayers, Fast Eddie
[Reply]
Page 77 of 173
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Up