ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3039 of 3903
« First < 2039253929392989302930353036303730383039 30403041304230433049308931393539 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:55 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Just kidding.
:-)

Why would you feel hopeless? We've had 100's of pandemics in human history and we're all still here. The individual impacts can be very severe (still feeling bad for O.City) but as a race, we're going to survive well beyond this.
My feelings of hopelessness are economic in nature
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Basically handled this on point. I don't see anyway here this could have went much better. It sucks but sucking it up and dealing with it as you saynis the only option.
We're gonna end up with maybe half a million dead from this in a year here in the US. I think it could have been handled alot better than it was.

Going on as normal isn't dealing with it, it's playing roulette. But life isn't also all about disease control and mitigating risks. So in the end, here we are.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 10-20-2020
People die of the flu every year because alot of people refuse to get the flu shot. The flu shot efficacy is what it is because the influenza virus mutates from year to year. Most of us have some immunity to Influenza because it's been here for so long and we've all been exposed.

But, it's a free country so do whatever you want.

Atleast be informed of said decisions though and dont' spout whatever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:59 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure, at some point we'll have a vaccine, we'll have natural immunity and we'll get back to normal.

Lotta people will die along the way, but that's life I suppose.
It sounds harsh but it's the truth.

I mean, even here we have people that think you should be branded for not wearing a mask but when an NFL player gets busted for DUI, it's "no big deal" and vice versa. As if people dying senselessly is okay for some but not for others, depending on your political beliefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My feelings of hopelessness are economic in nature
I haven't been in the thread for a while - did you suffer an unrecoverable loss or something?

If so, I'm terribly sorry. I have many friends in the same boat. I'm doing the best I can to keep them hopeful as well.

Human beings are malleable. We always bounce back. Keep your chin up, bro.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 10-20-2020
It sounds harsh but it's the truth.

I mean, even here we have people that think you should be branded for not wearing a mask but when an NFL player gets busted for DUI, it's "no big deal" and vice versa. As if people dying senselessly is okay for some but not for others, depending on your political beliefs.
Don't disagree. Wasn't trying to, it's kinda the harsh truth no one wanted to talk about with this from the beginning.

People debate the stats or the numbers or whatever to make themselves feel better or less at risk or whatever.

In the end, it's life and biology and science. Do with that what you will I suppose.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:08 AM 10-20-2020
I haven't been in the thread for a while - did you suffer an unrecoverable loss or something?

If so, I'm terribly sorry. I have many friends in the same boat. I'm doing the best I can to keep them hopeful as well.

Human beings are malleable. We always bounce back. Keep your chin up, bro.
No, I haven't, but I've held out hope that if people wore masks, distanced, and followed the protocols set forth that we'd reach a stage of opening up sooner. At least here, that appears to be in jeopardy as we're looking at rolling back despite having followed all of those recommendations.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:10 AM 10-20-2020
We're gonna end up with maybe half a million dead from this in a year here in the US. I think it could have been handled alot better than it was.

Going on as normal isn't dealing with it, it's playing roulette. But life isn't also all about disease control and mitigating risks. So in the end, here we are.
In hindsight, yes. Hopefully as a country and worldwide we are more prepared if/when it happens again after this experience.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 10-20-2020
Don't disagree. Wasn't trying to, it's kinda the harsh truth no one wanted to talk about with this from the beginning.

People debate the stats or the numbers or whatever to make themselves feel better or less at risk or whatever.

In the end, it's life and biology and science. Do with that what you will I suppose.
Well I for sure am (and many others are too, I'm sure) sorry that you suffered the impact you did in your family.

We've all heard anecdotes about COVID but I haven't heard any as severe as yours.

God bless, man. I hope your family can heal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:14 AM 10-20-2020
No, I haven't, but I've held out hope that if people wore masks, distanced, and followed the protocols set forth that we'd reach a stage of opening up sooner. At least here, that appears to be in jeopardy as we're looking at rolling back despite having followed all of those recommendations.
Hopefully, we turn the corner soon.
[Reply]
O.city 10:14 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
In hindsight, yes. Hopefully as a country and worldwide we are more prepared if/when it happens again after this experience.
We knew what to do we just didn't do it. Didn't think it would happen here I guess.

But yeah, hopefully the next one goes better. There will be a next one, probably sooner than later.
[Reply]
TLO 10:25 AM 10-20-2020
How are hospital numbers looking down there, O?
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
How are hospital numbers looking down there, O?
Still going up last I looked.
[Reply]
Fish 10:58 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I have not read through any of this yet but it seems to be fairly in depth to say the least. I am not advocating not wearing masks where required, etc. Just posting for discussion. Some of you more medical types can break this down I am sure.

An Evidence Based Scientific Analysis of Why Masks are Ineffective, Unnecessary, and Harmful

https://www.meehanmd.com/blog/2020-1...cyCvpmGd6wU34I
JFC pete. That guy is a known anti-vaxxer nut. He's an eye doctor, for fucks sake. Check your sources before tumbling blindly into confirmation bias...

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:00 AM 10-20-2020
My feelings of hopelessness are selfish in nature
FYP
[Reply]
Page 3039 of 3903
« First < 2039253929392989302930353036303730383039 30403041304230433049308931393539 > Last »
Up