ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3037 of 3903
« First < 2037253729372987302730333034303530363037 30383039304030413047308731373537 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:01 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So the "shield the vulnerable" plan, how does that or how are we gonna make that work? It's not like the only vulnerable are in nursing homes (we can't shield them away in there apparently either anyway) so I dunno how to make it work.

Like a third of the population is classified as vulnerable. Just doesn't seem possible.
I think a lot of that comes with self-responsibility. If you know you are at a higher risk then you have decisions and choices to make on whether you go out or stay home, etc. And when you do go out you will have to take all the necessary precautions, etc.

Not sure what else you can really do?
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think a lot of that comes with self-responsibility. If you know you are at a higher risk then you have decisions and choices to make on whether you go out or stay home, etc. And when you do go out you will have to take all the necessary precautions, etc.

Not sure what else you can really do?
Maybe so, but what about those people in those groups that have to work? Are they supposed to just...what?

If we're gonna do that plan, it seems, we need a very strong social safety net.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:04 AM 10-20-2020
When the first thing I see upon opening a link is a popup trying to hawk supplements recommended by this "doc"...
[Reply]
petegz28 08:05 AM 10-20-2020
Maybe so, but what about those people in those groups that have to work? Are they supposed to just...what?

If we're gonna do that plan, it seems, we need a very strong social safety net.
It's tough, I agree. Although just about every work environment is taking a lot of precautions.

I mean it isn't like you go to work and no on is wearing a mask, no plastic windows are up, etc. I mean you can't walk into a place where employees are not wearing masks, or at least are supposed to be.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:07 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
When the first thing I see upon opening a link is a popup trying to hawk supplements recommended by this "doc"...
That didn't happen to me.....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
That didn't happen to me.....
Clicked the link 3 times and no pop ups. Maybe you need to stay off certain sites??? :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:17 AM 10-20-2020
FWIW despite wearing masks and distancing for months, percent positives are rising in IL and we could be looking at scaling back to phase 3 (whatever that means).

*Not an anti-mask post by any means, just highlighting the reality of what appears to be a second wave despite following the advised protocols.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 10-20-2020
It's tough, I agree. Although just about every work environment is taking a lot of precautions.

I mean it isn't like you go to work and no on is wearing a mask, no plastic windows are up, etc. I mean you can't walk into a place where employees are not wearing masks, or at least are supposed to be.
If that's what shielding them is though, aren't we already doing that?
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 AM 10-20-2020
The current rate, per the last JADA dental article I read, of infections of dentist is below 1%. So something we're doing in our offices is working apparently or atleast we know dental offices aren't of much risk at all.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:27 AM 10-20-2020
If that's what shielding them is though, aren't we already doing that?
I think that begs the question though of is what we are told works really working?

I mean we all have our own anecdotal experiences. Dirk says no one in Clinton is wearing masks. I say everyone is JoCo and the surrounding area is wearing masks.

Cases are going up across the board and across the country. I think it's safe to say there is more mask wearing and precautions going on than there was a few months ago.

People can cite studies left and right to argue both sides of any debate it seems.

That all being said, is what we think works working or are we doing things so we feel like we are doing something? Know what I mean? I know the answer is probably somewhere in between.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 10-20-2020
I think that begs the question though of is what we are told works really working?

I mean we all have our own anecdotal experiences. Dirk says no one in Clinton is wearing masks. I say everyone is JoCo and the surrounding area is wearing masks.

Cases are going up across the board and across the country. I think it's safe to say there is more mask wearing and precautions going on than there was a few months ago.

People can cite studies left and right to argue both sides of any debate it seems.

That all being said, is what we think works working or are we doing things so we feel like we are doing something? Know what I mean? I know the answer is probably somewhere in between.
Fatigue has definitely set it.

Someone posted it and it makes sense to me, but think of all the things as a "swiss cheese" approach. Masking by itself isn't enough. It's masking, distancing, hand washing, testing etc. The more layers we can have on it the better.

But at this point, with all the political issues and such with it, we're in for the long haul.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:35 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Young people with a healthy immune system are good. Very unlikely they see the serious end of this.

At my work it's just now really going around. EVERYONE has been exposed to multiple people with the Rona. Most have no symptoms at all. Not even fever.

Probably 1/3 have missed time (because you have to stay home if you have symptoms.)

A cowoker had the common symptoms (headache, no smell/taste for 3 days, 4 day flu symptoms.) She's 24-26, mixed race, no health issues. She's fine now other than still being shorter of breath than normal.

She had 5 days of symptoms total, 3 days of being "really sick," and day 8 she's just doing the mandatory 2 negative tests to return.

For the older elderly and those with compromised immune systems this could be fatal. This is also possible for the flu. Research what you can do to help your own natural immune system. Read up on what you could be doing that compromises it. Change your odds by being smart about what you can control yourself.

And believe it our not studies have shown that laughter can help the immune system. CP can save lives - post here early and often...
Id like to thank demonpenz for helping save my life with laughter. The amt of his posts are waning however
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:35 AM 10-20-2020
All 62 residents at Kansas nursing home have COVID, 10 have died
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 10-20-2020
In regards to masking, I think there should have been a more concerted effort to get properly fitted n95 masks to the public as they are much better
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:36 AM 10-20-2020
Clicked the link 3 times and no pop ups. Maybe you need to stay off certain sites??? :-)
Attached: Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.02.23 AM.png (52.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 3037 of 3903
« First < 2037253729372987302730333034303530363037 30383039304030413047308731373537 > Last »
Up