ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3027 of 3903
« First < 2027252729272977301730233024302530263027 30283029303030313037307731273527 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:13 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
155 patients out of how many beds in Springfield?
Either Cox or Mercy is just now building a separate C-19 triage facility.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:15 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Either Cox or Mercy is just now building a separate C-19 triage facility.
Originally Posted by :
He stated that they have a detailed plan of how to utilize hospital resources.

“We can expand our bed capacity significantly here. We know that if pushed in crisis mode we can take over 1600 patients in the facilities that fall under the Springfield community’s umbrella,” he said.

Cox Hospital opened their 51 bed COVID-19 unit last week. We’re told that there’s room to treat about 100 more during regular hospital operations.

The hospital system has the total capacity to treat more than 1000 patients.

That's just Cox. Mercy has additional capacity.

All I am saying is the strain has more to do with regular stuff coming to bear.
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 AM 10-14-2020
155 patients out of how many beds in Springfield?
I don't know.

It's a nonsensical argument to bring up beds though. They can stack beds everywhere, you gotta have someone to care for said patient in the bed.

The Covid units designated in both hospitals here are full, they're transporting Covid patients elsewhere because of lack of care and there is talk of throwing up a field hospital and bringing in staff from other areas to care for it along with shutting down elective surgeries.

Mercy has some issues that Cox doesn't because they stupidly laid off a bunch of staff who then were hired at Cox back in March, likely due to shutdown.

They can't send alot of patients back to or into nursing homes because A. they're full and B. they have to have a negative test prior to and then isolate once they get there for 2 weeks.

It's not a good situation currently.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:18 AM 10-14-2020

New respiratory urgent care facility being built at Cox South Hospital to handle expected flu-COVID influx: https://t.co/calpVHreuT

— KY3 News (@kytv) October 14, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 10-14-2020

Well, it's wrong.

The normal stuff is normal. We don't have these issues when "normal stuff" is happening.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 10-14-2020
They're keeping a running tracker of active cases here in greene county and it's ticking down slightly so I think that's good news.

The average age of those infected has gone up though, which to no surprise, so have deaths here.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:48 AM 10-14-2020
Saw my daughter and grand son yesterday for the first time since February which was nice. Probably the last time for awhile again.

She said Research is filling up again with Covid patients but the vast majority from rural areas. They even had a couple of them recently admitted and asked how they got covid when they took hcq. Can’t fix rural mo stupidity.

As far as beds and nurses, ocity is correct. You can have many beds but qualified staff is limited greatly. ICU nurse typically only handle max 2-3 patients and you can’t have LPN’s covering critical care patients.
[Reply]
TLO 10:50 AM 10-14-2020
Kind of just echoing what others have said. Our hospital currently has room for covid patients, but they've said they're running low on staff to care for them. I'm sure they're recruiting out of state to bring people in.

We've been holding around the 60 mark for the past couple days. Of course our hospital doesn't bother disclosing where these patients are from, but I'd imagine it's from all over NW Missouri.
[Reply]
O.city 02:52 PM 10-14-2020
2020 finally threw my family a bone, my aunt and uncle both got to come home today. Well my uncle did, aunt will hopefully tomorrow. MOved her out of the covid wing into a regular room.

Everyone else in our family is recovering, so we're doing better for now. Hopefully it continues.
[Reply]
sedated 03:00 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
As far as beds and nurses, ocity is correct. You can have many beds but qualified staff is limited greatly. ICU nurse typically only handle max 2-3 patients and you can’t have LPN’s covering critical care patients.
But...beds.

Just build more beds.
[Reply]
sedated 03:01 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
2020 finally threw my family a bone, my aunt and uncle both got to come home today. Well my uncle did, aunt will hopefully tomorrow. MOved her out of the covid wing into a regular room.

Everyone else in our family is recovering, so we're doing better for now. Hopefully it continues.
Great news. Finally.
[Reply]
Fish 09:27 PM 10-14-2020
Highest weekly average in Kansas since the start of the pandemic. Yikes....

Kansas sees highest average daily number of COVID-19 cases in a week

Last week saw the highest average number of COVID-19 cases per day in a single week since the pandemic began, with an average of over 700 cases per day, Gov. Laura Kelly said in a news conference Tuesday.

There have also been an increase in hospitalizations and clusters, with 65 Kansans dying last week as well, she said.

[...]
[Reply]
petegz28 08:00 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

Last week saw the highest average number of COVID-19 cases per day in a single week since the pandemic began, with an average of over 700 cases per day, Gov. Laura Kelly said in a news conference Tuesday.

There have also been an increase in hospitalizations and clusters, with 65 Kansans dying last week as well, she said.

[...]
Can't speak for all of Kansas but on the KS side of the KC area the 7 day average of cases is at its lowest level since last June.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 AM 10-15-2020
Here is the Cluster info for the entire state of Ks as of yesterday at 9:00am
Attached: kscluster.jpg (42.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Donger 09:41 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

[...]
We're clearly on the rise nationally as well.
[Reply]
Page 3027 of 3903
« First < 2027252729272977301730233024302530263027 30283029303030313037307731273527 > Last »
Up