ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3026 of 3903
« First < 2026252629262976301630223023302430253026 30273028302930303036307631263526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jdubya 10:14 PM 10-13-2020
In my county of 1.1 million people in the east SF bay area, with theaters, barbers, salons and gyms open.....we have a whopping 27 people in the hospital with covid.

(somewhere Donger screams)
[Reply]
O.city 08:40 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I saw an article that both KS and MO are now experiencing uncontrolled spread.

:-)
Originally Posted by TLO:
Things I'd say to the author of that article

1. Welcome to the last 2 months or so
2. See point 1
Yeah, rural MO is getting rocked at the moment.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:02 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hospitals are pretty much full here now. They’re transferring covid patients out because they don’t have beds
Friend of mine who works in hospital management here said they are tight because they are back to handling all the usual stuff which is pretty high volume usually on top of the covid cases.

People forget most hospitals are back to handling normal patient things unlike in the spring and early summer.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:06 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Friend of mine who works in hospital management here said they are tight because they are back to handling all the usual stuff which is pretty high volume usually on top of the covid cases.

People forget most hospitals are back to handling normal patient things unlike in the spring and early summer.
And didn't a lot of hospitals let a lot of the staff go this summer?
[Reply]
Donger 09:07 AM 10-14-2020
Yeah, rural MO is getting rocked at the moment.
What's your take on the cause? What's driving it?
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 10-14-2020

The problem is you have to have the covid stuff in completely separate areas. Basically they have a covid wing all to itself. Takes up alot of space and manpower.

There wasn't a covid surge here in the spring and early summer so hospitals were pretty much dead. Not the case now.

It's a warzone here in both hospitals at the moment.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What's your take on the cause? What's driving it?
There's alot of "it won't effect us, it won't get here" until it does. So I would guess thats why.

They had a couple large gatherings in my hometown about a month ago and last I heard one of them was up to 27 cases from that alone.
[Reply]
Donger 09:11 AM 10-14-2020
There's alot of "it won't effect us, it won't get here" until it does. So I would guess thats why.

They had a couple large gatherings in my hometown about a month ago and last I heard one of them was up to 27 cases from that alone.
What's the masking situation like?
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 10-14-2020
Pretty nonexistent before, but now that it's being hit hard they're wearing them I hear. Not sure though.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:15 AM 10-14-2020
We are under a "mask mandate". I went into the gas station this morning and saw 1 out of about 10 wearing one.

Don't shoot the messenger but I think most feel that have sacrificed enough of their time to the cause and are moving on as if things are back to normal. Being basically the last place to get hit hard in the country has it's pluses (better treatments/understanding) and minuses (tired of the shit that didn't effect us much until recently).
[Reply]
Donger 09:16 AM 10-14-2020
Pretty nonexistent before, but now that it's being hit hard they're wearing them I hear. Not sure though.
Hope it helps.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 10-14-2020
Apathy was always gonna be an issue. People are just worn out over it and that's when it can get really bad. Hopefully things improve. We shall see.

Europe is having a hard time again, so I'm guessing we're in for it as well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:07 AM 10-14-2020
The problem is you have to have the covid stuff in completely separate areas. Basically they have a covid wing all to itself. Takes up alot of space and manpower.

There wasn't a covid surge here in the spring and early summer so hospitals were pretty much dead. Not the case now.

It's a warzone here in both hospitals at the moment.
Yea I get it but the point is the hospitals are not full simply "because of Covid". They are full because at some point in time you have to start treating and dealing with the other health issues, and then there is Covid taking up needed space in ICU and other areas.

From what I understand the hospitals would already be back logged with regular cases without Covid. This is something people warned about early on.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 10-14-2020
Yea I get it but the point is the hospitals are not full simply "because of Covid". They are full because at some point in time you have to start treating and dealing with the other health issues, and then there is Covid taking up needed space in ICU and other areas.

From what I understand the hospitals would already be back logged with regular cases without Covid. This is something people warned about early on.
Sure, you still have heart attacks and broken arms during a pandemic.

They're absolutely full because of Covid. There are 155 Covid patients in the hospitals here. They require alot of staff and PPE which stretches the hospital thing.

I don't understand trying to downplay the situation. It's not at a breaking point, but it's not something to hand wave.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:12 AM 10-14-2020
Sure, you still have heart attacks and broken arms during a pandemic.

They're absolutely full because of Covid. There are 155 Covid patients in the hospitals here. They require alot of staff and PPE which stretches the hospital thing.

I don't understand trying to downplay the situation. It's not at a breaking point, but it's not something to hand wave.
155 patients out of how many beds in Springfield?
[Reply]
Page 3026 of 3903
« First < 2026252629262976301630223023302430253026 30273028302930303036307631263526 > Last »
Up