ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2926 of 3903
« First < 1926242628262876291629222923292429252926 29272928292929302936297630263426 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 04:32 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Moar fearmongering

Not giving that website the benifit of my click but there's a HUGE difference between "detecting the virus" and detecting enough of the virus to be infectious.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:35 PM 08-30-2020
Saw a video of a snake coming up the shitter. That's much more scary IMO.
[Reply]
Donger 04:46 PM 08-30-2020
NSFW language

[Reply]
lewdog 05:46 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Not giving that website the benifit of my click but there's a HUGE difference between "detecting the virus" and detecting enough of the virus to be infectious.
Basically this. I remember those articles about the virus still living on surfaces on those cruise ships for 2+ weeks when this first started. We now know that although true, it's not enough virus to be infectious.

It seems surface transmission is very rare with this.
[Reply]
Fish 06:33 PM 08-30-2020
Missouri reports record number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day Saturday

Missouri reported its largest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day Saturday, with 32 counted in a 24-hour period, according to the state public health agency.

Previously the largest number of deaths recorded in a single day had been 30, on April 24.

During the same 24-hour period Saturday, the state reported 1,198 new infections.

The latest figures from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services brought the total number of coronavirus deaths in the state to 1,496. The total number of cases was 82,190, with a seven-day positivity rate of 12.2%.
[Reply]
TLO 06:38 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Missouri reports record number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day Saturday

Missouri reported its largest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day Saturday, with 32 counted in a 24-hour period, according to the state public health agency.

Previously the largest number of deaths recorded in a single day had been 30, on April 24.

During the same 24-hour period Saturday, the state reported 1,198 new infections.

The latest figures from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services brought the total number of coronavirus deaths in the state to 1,496. The total number of cases was 82,190, with a seven-day positivity rate of 12.2%.
I hate reporting like this. It makes it sound like 32 people died yesterday. They didn't.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:26 PM 08-30-2020
Interesting graphic...doesn't show all the states but I think you get the point.

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:32 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Saw a video of a snake coming up the shitter. That's much more scary IMO.
covidconstricter.
they are a problem in Florida
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:16 PM 08-30-2020
https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-n...y40YtJ_CDhIVaY

CDC Now Says 94% of COVID Deaths Had an Underlying Condition

By Jack Davis
Published August 30, 2020 at 1:21pm
Share on Facebook
Tweet
P Share
Email
Print

A new report from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that in 94 percent of the cases of those who died from COVID-19, another disease was also at work on the victim.

“For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned,” the CDC stated in its report, under the heading “Comoborbities.”

“For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death,” the report continued.

The report showed that in 18,116 of 42,587 deaths in the 75-84 age group, the individual who died also had the flu or pneumonia, while in 15,100 cases the underlying condition was respiratory failure.

Overall, of the 161, 392 deaths covered by the report, 42 percent (68,004) of those who died also had the flu or pneumonia while 34 percent (54,803) had an underlying condition of respiratory failure.

Diabetes was an underlying condition in 16 percent of the deaths (25,936 people) while various heart-related conditions including cardiac arrest, ischemic heart disease (also known as hardening of the arteries), cardiac arrhythmia and heart disease (58,687 people) were found in 36 percent of those who died.

In June, the CDC listed as high-risk individuals for COVID-19 those who had chronic kidney disease; COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease); obesity (BMI of 30 or higher); immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant; serious heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies; sickle cell disease; Type 2 diabetes.
Does this change your understanding of the disease?
Yes No
Completing this poll entitles you to The Western Journal news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Although the CDC’s initial guidance suggested those over 65 were at high risk, the CDC later revised that to note than risk increases with age and that there is no single age at which risk suddenly rises.

In comments released at the time, CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield said risk “is a continuum.”

“Based on what we’ve learned, we now understand that as you get older, your risk for severe disease, hospitalization, and death increases. We also updated the list of underlying health conditions that can put you at higher risk for severe disease, hospitalization, and death, based on the latest review of scientific evidence to date,” he said.

“A key point is that we want to make sure that people know that as your numbers of underlying medical conditions increase, your risk of severe illness from COVID also increases,” he said.

As of Sunday afternoon, the coronavirus had infected almost 6 million Americans, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, and roughly 25 million worldwide.

As of Sunday, 843,826 people had been reported as killed by the virus, with 182,909 of those being Americans.

Spread of the disease resulted in mass lockdowns across the country.

Risk is one of the factors that will go into distributing COVID-19 vaccines once those that are now in trials are ready for the market, according to CNBC.

“At first, there will likely be a limited supply of one or more of the Covid-19 vaccines, because limited doses will be available,” Redfield said Friday, CNBC reported. “It’s important that the early vaccines are distributed in a fair, ethical and transparent way.”
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:22 PM 08-30-2020

[Reply]
stumppy 09:54 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Interesting graphic...doesn't show all the states but I think you get the point.

:-)
[Reply]
jdubya 10:40 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-n...y40YtJ_CDhIVaY

CDC Now Says 94% of COVID Deaths Had an Underlying Condition

By Jack Davis
Published August 30, 2020 at 1:21pm
Share on Facebook
Tweet
P Share
Email
Print

A new report from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that in 94 percent of the cases of those who died from COVID-19, another disease was also at work on the victim.

“For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned,” the CDC stated in its report, under the heading “Comoborbities.”

“For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death,” the report continued.

The report showed that in 18,116 of 42,587 deaths in the 75-84 age group, the individual who died also had the flu or pneumonia, while in 15,100 cases the underlying condition was respiratory failure.

Overall, of the 161, 392 deaths covered by the report, 42 percent (68,004) of those who died also had the flu or pneumonia while 34 percent (54,803) had an underlying condition of respiratory failure.

Diabetes was an underlying condition in 16 percent of the deaths (25,936 people) while various heart-related conditions including cardiac arrest, ischemic heart disease (also known as hardening of the arteries), cardiac arrhythmia and heart disease (58,687 people) were found in 36 percent of those who died.
.”
I guess it is safe to say cardiac arrest is a significant underlying issue lol
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:01 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So if I have diabetes and die in the hospital on a ventilator from covid, did I die of diabetes and not covid? If I'm in the hospital on a ventilator for 12 days and ultimately I have a stroke, did I die from stroke and not covid? Because that's what this nonsense is implying.

No one ever said that comorbitities weren't a factor in most covid deaths. We've mentioned them probably 10,000 times in this thread. Excess deaths are still massively up in the last 6 months. Only someone who isn't paying attention at all, or is deliberately spreading misinformation, interprets this 6% thing as some kind of bombshell.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:05 PM 08-30-2020
Back to actual non-nonsense discussion of how to deal with this virus:

We Need to Talk About Ventilation

Originally Posted by :
While waiting for my results, I checked the latest batch of announcements from companies trying to assure their customers that they were doing everything right. A major U.S. airline informed me how it was diligently sanitizing surfaces inside its planes and in terminals many times a day, without mentioning anything about the effectiveness of air circulation and filtering inside airplane cabins (pretty good, actually). A local business that operates in a somewhat cramped indoor space sent me an email about how it was “keeping clean and staying healthy,” illustrated by 10 bottles of hand sanitizer without a word on ventilation—whether it was opening windows, employing upgraded filters in its HVAC systems, or using portable HEPA filters. It seems baffling that despite mounting evidence of its importance, we are stuck practicing hygiene theater—constantly deep cleaning everything—while not noticing the air we breathe.

How is it that six months into a respiratory pandemic, we still have so little guidance about this all-important variable, the very air we breathe?
Originally Posted by :
Saskia Popescu, an infectious-disease epidemiologist, emphasized to me that we should not call these “super-spreaders,” referring only to the people, but “super-spreader events,” because they seem to occur in very particular settings—an important clue. People don’t emit an equal amount of aerosols during every activity: Singing emits more than talking, which emits more than breathing. And some people could be super-emitters of aerosols. But that’s not all. The super-spreader–event triad seems to rely on three V’s: venue, ventilation, and vocalization. Most super-spreader events occur at an indoor venue, especially a poorly ventilated one (meaning air is not being exchanged, diluted, or filtered), where lots of people are talking, chanting, or singing. Some examples of where super-spreader events have taken place are restaurants, bars, clubs, choir practices, weddings, funerals, cruise ships, nursing homes, prisons, and meatpacking plants.
Originally Posted by :
Strikingly, in one database of more than 1,200 super-spreader events, just one incident is classified as outdoor transmission, where a single person was infected outdoors by their jogging partner, and only 39 are classified as outdoor/indoor events, which doesn’t mean that being outdoors played a role, but it couldn’t be ruled out. The rest were all indoor events, and many involved dozens or hundreds of people at once. Other research points to the same result: Super-spreader events occur overwhelmingly in indoor environments where there are a lot of people.
Originally Posted by :
As another example, you may have seen the many televised indoor events where the audience members are sitting politely distanced and masked, listening to the speaker, who is the only unmasked person in the room. Jimenez, the aerosol expert, pointed out to me that this is completely backwards, because the person who needs to be masked the most is the speaker, not the listeners. If a single mask were available in the room, we’d put it on the speaker.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:59 AM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So if I have diabetes and die in the hospital on a ventilator from covid, did I die of diabetes and not covid? If I'm in the hospital on a ventilator for 12 days and ultimately I have a stroke, did I die from stroke and not covid? Because that's what this nonsense is implying.

No one ever said that comorbitities weren't a factor in most covid deaths. We've mentioned them probably 10,000 times in this thread. Excess deaths are still massively up in the last 6 months. Only someone who isn't paying attention at all, or is deliberately spreading misinformation, interprets this 6% thing as some kind of bombshell.
See this is part of the problem. This is the way it works for all instances. If you have COPD and you die of congestive heart failure that is going to be what is put on your death certificate not COPD.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2926 of 3903
« First < 1926242628262876291629222923292429252926 29272928292929302936297630263426 > Last »
Up