ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2147 of 3903
« First < 1147164720472097213721432144214521462147 214821492150215121572197224726473147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:17 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Also since you work in healthcare I bet your employer makes you wear one correct? I am sure they will continue that practice until a viable vaccine is available at least.
We have to wear them in the building when walking down halls or working with others but not in our office. And I bet it would surprise you as to why and I can tell you now, it's not for fear of getting sick.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:17 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, its obvious you have spent no time in this thread. The vast majority of people banned have been people with right leaning views and the lefties are the ones still posting.

But you go on with your bad self.
i'm not even sure right this moment what right and left even means when it comes to politics.

thats how far out of the political loop i am...
[Reply]
Monticore 01:17 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I've noticed not a single one of you has answered my question.

How long do you intend to wear masks? It's a simple question.
I am only wearing a mask right now at the stores where social distancing is an issue.

At work we only have 1 mask a day to use while with patients so don't wear it all day but try and social distance at work with staff, I place it in the same direction inside a paper bag between patients, I wear goggles which i disinfect between patients as well. This is recommended to us because of shortages , ER staff get 2 per day and can't remove them at all.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:18 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Until there’s a vaccine and I no longer have a high chance of spreading this virus, especially working in healthcare. You should thank me.
Meh, I'll pass
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:18 PM 05-21-2020
Nothing like bloviating when all that was asked for was a simple yes/no answer.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:19 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I have this side effect where the second I put on a mask my glasses instantly fog up and I cant see shit with them on and I cant see shit with them off so I choose not to wear one. I also realize that its an issue to a lot of people so I do all of my store shopping just before closing when there's maybe like 5 people in the store and the only checkout isles open are the self checkout and I have yet to get stopped for not wearing one.
Used to wear scuba masks and the best ani fog solution was we would wipe the inside of the masks with shaving cream and wipe clear with clean cloth.....worked for diving anyway
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:19 PM 05-21-2020
So let's reverse this...how long will you self-appointed "selfless people" wear your mask everywhere you go when you have no symptoms?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
as long as there is a chance its saving a life.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:20 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Used to wear scuba masks and the best ani fog solution was we would wipe the inside of the masks with shaving cream and wipe clear with clean cloth.....worked for diving anyway
spit works too but I wouldn't recommend it for this.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:21 PM 05-21-2020
And there is actually data showing there can be side effects to wearing masks but that's not convenient to your narrative.
what are the side effects?
[Reply]
Pants 01:21 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
One other point on the left/right thing. I think a lot of this polarization has occurred from the impeachment proceedings and all that came with it. Sure, it started before that but I feel that really caused a lot of digging in, so to speak. Just my .02 cents. Take if for what it's worth.
I think it started with news channels vying for advertising money and becoming massive echo chambers for their sides.

Social media is very easily manipulated by bad actors on the nation state level and it just poured a sea of gasoline on the fire.

Now we have this polarized stupidity with silly folks on both sides unable to have any independent thought. Our natural tribal tendencies do not help either.

It takes you out of your comfort zone to consider both sides of the coin and find good and bad aspects in each one.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:21 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
what are the side effects?
DUR BRAIN 'RONA
[Reply]
jdubya 01:22 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
spit works too but I wouldn't recommend it for this.
counterproductive if using someone elses spit :-)

seriously though, shaving cream worked for hours
[Reply]
petegz28 01:22 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I am only wearing a mask right now at the stores where social distancing is an issue.

At work we only have 1 mask a day to use while with patients so don't wear it all day but try and social distance at work with staff, I place it in the same direction inside a paper bag between patients, I wear goggles which i disinfect between patients as well. This is recommended to us because of shortages , ER staff get 2 per day and can't remove them at all.
And there you go. The masks people wear have gaps and your eyes and ears are still exposed. As in the article I posted plus others and you most likely already know, the virus will find the path of least resistance. All the mask does is buy you an additional though minimal amount of time you can be close and talking with someone. That's about it. It doesn't prevent the virus from getting in the air. It doesn't protect your eyes or ears either.

To me it just seems that while it does provide an minimal amount of protection it is largely a psychological security.

I have a tendency to get very sore ears when I get sick, especially when I get a cold. I had doctors tell me throughout my life that my ears are the culprit and to make sure I don't over-clean then in the cold\flu season.

Point is, your mouth and nose are not the only ways to get the virus. And even with these masks people are wearing they are still not protecting your mouth and nose like you think. I have read article after article and heard doctor after doctor state just that as well.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:23 PM 05-21-2020
I've noticed not a single one of you has answered my question.

How long do you intend to wear masks? It's a simple question.
daface answered it many posts before this one.
[Reply]
sedated 01:23 PM 05-21-2020
I think it's like anything else in life. It's a gray area. If you have symptoms wear a mask. I have seen and heard enough that if you are in close proximity with someone for any length of time the mask is not doing anyone any good. And that was clearly stated in the article I posted that no one read. The mask buys you a bit of extra time but in Da Face's idiotic hypo, the mask isn't going to protect you from spreading it.

See people keep saying "the mask is to protect others from you". Okay well that means then what, we are going to perpetually wear masks now because we might have something? When does that end?

People want to say it's selfish not to wear a mask and those same people were out walking around with the cold and flu symptoms before all this and not giving a flying ****. So ...as I said do you plan on always wearing a mask from this day forward? Or when do you decide that if you don't have symptoms you aren't going to wear a mask?

Me personally? I have been shut in for 2 months. Never had any symptoms. Maybe I was asymptomatic? Am I perpetually asymptomatic? Am I to wear a mask now every time I go outside for a walk because I might walk by someone who might have it even though the odds of me getting it from that are damn near 0?

Sorry if I think that a certain amount of rationality has been thrown out the window with a lot of this.
This is a lot of mental gymnastics just to avoid doing something that is not that big of a deal and has a distinct possibility of preventing spread of a disease.
[Reply]
Page 2147 of 3903
« First < 1147164720472097213721432144214521462147 214821492150215121572197224726473147 > Last »
Up